Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: February 15, 2006 - The Latino Health Crisis  (Read 8365 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
February 15, 2006 - The Latino Health Crisis
« on: February 15, 2006, 09:13:49 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02152006

It is now clear to me that Ray will not be taken out in the first ten minutes as I had originally predicted. I think we're in this for the long haul.

The title was a tough call, but there is no emoticon for the guy's face in the last panel.


ADMIN EDIT: Changed thread title due to punishment.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 06:07:08 pm by jough »
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 09:34:26 am »

WHAT'D YOU SAY ABOUT MY WIFE, ASSHOLE SHIT MOTHER-FUCKER?!

Perfect Ron voiced by John Goodman.
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 09:50:10 am »

Latino Health Crisis.

"Leander" rubbing his hands together...all "yesss...yesss"

Frequent offerings of a PastaPro Express Home Pasta System, subsequent sexual reaction.

Ray's modest look in the ninth panel.

Perfect Ron's seizure of rage.

So many wonderful things about this strip.

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 09:53:57 am »

WHAT'D YOU SAY ABOUT MY WIFE, ASSHOLE SHIT MOTHER-FUCKER?!

Perfect Ron voiced by John Goodman.

I was thinking more along the lines of John Larroquette, or really anyone on Night Court.

Also, perfect Ron Sipes' mouth in the final panel looks like the silhouette of a decaying tooth.  At this point I'm regretting not having written a poem in which I rhyme "Larroquette" with "silhouette" but I'm anticipating another chance in the future.
Logged

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 11:32:59 am »

The Latino Health Crisis.

The Latino Health Crisis.

THE LATINO HEALTH CRISIS.

THE LATINO HEALTH CRISIS.

Oh, this was so worth the buildup.

Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 11:50:24 am »

Usually hate the marquee thing, but  it's nice that if we can't get the right thread title as the thread title, at least we can have it floating across the screen in green letters.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 11:52:40 am »

LCB gets a can for finally finding a decent usage for the marquee.

Leander also is the perfect name for that guy, a nice under-rated serial killer kind of name.

I'm still willing to believe that Ray will get taken out in the next strip and everything will go to hell but I'm hoping more and more that this will not be the case.

EDIT:
Quote from: Wikipedia
Hero was a priestess of Aphrodite who dwelled in a tower in Sestos, at the edge of the Hellespont. Leander, a young man from Abydos, on the other side of the strait, fell in love with her and would swim every night across the Hellespont to be with her. Hero would light a lamp every night at the top of her tower, to guide his way.

Succumbing to Leander's soft words, and to his argument that Aphrodite, as goddess of love, would scorn the worship of a virgin, Hero allowed him to make love to her. This routine lasted through the warm summer. But one stormy winter night, the waves tossed Leander in the sea and the breezes blew out Hero's light, and Leander lost his way, and was drowned. Hero threw herself from a tower in grief and died as well.

Just for general information.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 12:08:27 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 12:22:25 pm »

so, telling someone that their wife "spreads her legs and thinks of england" is great.

I want to do this, is what I'm saying.

Who do I know that has a wife? Teachers and my parents. damn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 01:07:32 pm »

Let this be a lesson to you all.  Do the right thing.  Call someone "ASSHOLE SHIT MOTHERFUCKER" today!


The more you know...
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 01:10:20 pm »

I can totally see Perfect Ron being Big-Lebowski-era John Goodman.

Beef in panel 5 seems to subtly convey that it's really him in charge. I can't quite explain it.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 02:03:39 pm »

I'd just like to say, since I've been basically abstaining from comment on this arc since I denounced ChatSacks a few weeks ago, that THIS IS AWESOME.

I mean, basically like treasure doesn't even begin to cover it.  And after Ray takes down Sipes tomorrow, it's ON.

I still just can't see either Ray or Beef winning, though.  It'd be far too out of character for Beef to win anything, unless he's hacked it (and then he'll be just sassy as the dickens for weeks), and I don't see Ray as a fighter still.  Of course, I'm nearly positive I'll be proven wrong, but I'll wait and see.

I wish most dearly for a time machine, with which I might see the next few strips.

I can't believe that's the only thing I want a time machine for.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 02:04:24 pm »

Latino Health Crisis. Debuting soon in Ring of Honor to team with Homicide against American Dragon and The Samoan Submission Machine.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 02:17:04 pm »

Goddamn, just when I think it can't get any better...

Leander and The Latino Health Crisis are absolutely perfect names. (One could speculate endlessly about how he got the name "The Latino Health Crisis"; is he an issues-based fighter, working for better health care in the Underground barrio? Or has he punched out so many Latinos that he's become a one-cat epidemic of pain?) Also, I suspect that Leander is his real name, and that the middle name is "Wayne" or a variation.

Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 02:20:06 pm »

Holy shit.  I am so buying a Great Outdoor Fight t-shirt when they're available.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 03:09:03 pm »

i am so glad Onstad doesn't have some sort of public-radio fund-raising membership drive, because now would be the perfect time to do it, as i would give him all my money to see what happens next.



Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up