Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: February 15, 2006 - The Latino Health Crisis  (Read 8359 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 03:11:30 pm »

i am so glad Onstad doesn't have some sort of public-radio fund-raising membership drive, because now would be the perfect time to do it, as i would give him all my money to see what happens next.

SHHHHH!!!!! Don't give him ideas!  Don't you remember serializer?
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Dr. Sodomy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • It's a Ph.D.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bepatient56
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 03:46:45 pm »

Leander also is the perfect name for that guy, a nice under-rated serial killer kind of name.

Creepy motorcycle helmet dude with No-No's eyes is named Leander? I'm even more creeped out than I was. This dude may be the one to eat part of someone's face.
Logged
"You holdin'?"
"Shit. Everything but coke, heroin, and your cock."

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
education time
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 04:06:27 pm »

Greatest line:

"She spreads her legs and thinks of England"

For the simple face that I love education, I'm going to try to shed light on this phrase.

Originally in England, in the Victorian era, sex and sexual pleasure were unknown concepts to young women because they were raised under a blanket of innocence. The queen at the time gave the word to her daughter on her wedding night to "lie on her back and think of England" as if to say sex is natural and patriotic because it keeps the population up. I think the slightly dirtier version "spread your legs and think of England" came about during either World War One or World War Two. Lots of Englishmen were dying and babies needed to me made to prevent extinction.

So for all you guys out there; next time you're with a woman and she's a little hesitant to give up the goods, just lean in close and tell her to lie on her back and think of the queen. That will loosen her right up, I guarantee. Don't thank me now, thank me in the morning stud.

And to all you ladies out there; stop being so selgiraffe, you don't think your country is worth nine months of discomfort? Well then maybe you're a terrorist.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: education time
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 04:47:49 pm »

Don't thank me now, thank me in the morning stud.

So let me at your morning stud so I can thank you in it.

THE LATINO HEALTH CRISIS. Jeeeesus. Leander is definitely a perfect name, too. So next strip we get to see a man's back seize up until he cries for a medic? I'm up for that. And more ridiculous cussouts like ASSHOLE SHIT MOTHERFUCKER. I mean, what, is somebody fuck*ng their mother's shit? from an asshole?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

hoborg

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 04:58:39 pm »

Thanks for explaining that, Mr. Frenzy. I am kind of a dumb guy, I did not get the joke at all.

Clearly Ron is too angry and stressed out to be able to fight well, but does Ray know enough about fighting to be able to exploit this? This arc is great because each strip leaves me worried about what's going to happen in the next...
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 05:42:20 pm »

The whole Beef calling Ray "Son of Rodney" thing is sort of odd for me, mainly because my Dad's name is Rodney.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 05:45:33 pm »

The whole Beef calling Ray "Son of Rodney" thing is sort of odd for me, mainly because my Dad's name is Rodney.

Then you must be the chosen one.  ALL HAIL!
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 05:50:34 pm »

The whole Beef calling Ray "Son of Rodney" thing is sort of odd for me, mainly because my Dad's name is Rodney.

It reminds me of Son of Sam (which might not be such a bad thing, considering the nature of the Fight).
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 05:55:58 pm »

One could speculate endlessly about how he got the name "The Latino Health Crisis"

I kind of assumed from looking at him that the dude is simply crawling with STDs. Well, that, and like, high cholesterol.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 06:04:25 pm »

Son of Rodney is a talking point.  A way of not only referring to Ray, but cementing his godlike status in the followers mind in a fairly subtle way.  (Subtle if you're not used to being around Beef and Ray regularly).

I just keep waiting for Ray to break the spell somehow, it's gonna be great.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 06:09:09 pm »

Son of Rodney is a talking point.  A way of not only referring to Ray, but cementing his godlike status in the followers mind in a fairly subtle way.  (Subtle if you're not used to being around Beef and Ray regularly).

I just keep waiting for Ray to break the spell somehow, it's gonna be great.

He'll eat half a piece of paper! Completely by accident!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 06:14:41 pm »

He'll eat half a piece of paper! Completely by accident!

I hear Einstein did stuff like that all the time.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: education time
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 06:33:32 pm »

OK, so Perfect Ron is all paralyzed with anger. Now who's gonna sneak behind him and deliver the fatal blow to his nerve center? Probably Leander, if he's anything like his mythological counterpart, all suave and seductive (thanks for the education, Doc).

So for all you guys out there; next time you're with a woman and she's a little hesitant to give up the goods, just lean in close and tell her to lie on her back and think of the queen. That will loosen her right up, I guarantee. Don't thank me now, thank me in the morning stud.

But do it quick, before the queen dies and Prince Charles becomes the King.

And more ridiculous cussouts like ASSHOLE SHIT MOTHERFUCKER. I mean, what, is somebody fuck*ng their mother's shit? from an asshole?

Or an asshole the fucks the shit's mother.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Danimaux

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 06:38:43 pm »


Hero was a priestess of Aphrodite who dwelled in a tower in Sestos, at the edge of the Hellespont. Leander, a young man from Abydos, on the other side of the strait, fell in love with her and would swim every night across the Hellespont to be with her. Hero would light a lamp every night at the top of her tower, to guide his way.


A-ha!

"Men are of two kinds.  When contained..."

Clearly Leander wants to be with a hero.

Hmm.  Has anyone noticed a number of allusions to Ancient Greece in the --- just kidding.  I can't find any allusions to Ancient Greece in the name Latino Health Crisis.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: February 15, 2006 - That's all I'm sayin', dude! Calm down!
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 06:43:22 pm »

A-ha!

"Men are of two kinds.  When contained..."

Clearly Leander wants to be with a hero.

Hmm.  Has anyone noticed a number of allusions to Ancient Greece in the --- just kidding.  I can't find any allusions to Ancient Greece in the name Latino Health Crisis.

Well Rome did import the Greek deities and rename them using Latin.  I'm not entirely sure where the health crisis lies in there though.  Possibly an issue with Hermes/Mercury? 

It's fun to make shit up!  Yay!

PS Danimaux as a moniker amuses me.  good show.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up