Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!  (Read 19622 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

StopAreClosed

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162006

Well, it appears that Ray can kick more ass that I would have expected, and Beef's plan is proceeding just as he designed it. Does this mean that we'll meet Sound and Motion tomorrow?

I like the way the Latino Health Crisis is watching from afar, amazed to see BOC in action, a dream coming true if you will.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 10:21:05 am by StopAreClosed »
Logged

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
February 16, 2006 - I'M GONNA TEAR OFF YOUR LEGS AND PISS UP THE STUMPS!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 09:35:48 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162006

The part of Ray played by Keanu Reeves in a hat.
Logged

L.J. Anonymous

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile

Suppose the dude who was mooning everybody in the collage was the sound and motion guy trying out one of his new age techniques early on?

I can't get over Ray's hisssssssssssssss either ... between his on-going debauchery and Beef's "circumstances" rarely do they act anything like cats ... so yea; hisss
Logged

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.

I like the way the Latino Health Crisis is watching from afar, amazed to see BOC in action, a dream coming true if you will.
The hell, that ain't Latino Health Crisis. That's the fat duder with the disturbing bulge.

I finally had to register because of the awesomeness that is this story arc. 'lo all.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

Woah, nice moves from Ray there. I'm kind of sad that Perfect Ron is leaving the strip so quickly; he is obviously a very tolerant, kind husband who would do anything to protect his wife's honour, despite the credit card debt. In this day and age, Ron is an example to us all.

And kudos to Onstad for not yet taking a break this week. He's really pulling out all the stops for us, you could see the effort going into drawing Ray in that fifth panel.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

WTF?  Is this newbie hour?  Jebus H. Fuckjockey... I just.. I don't even know anymore.


Right then... 

I assume that Perfect Ron was DQ'd because he asked for help for his busted ass arm.  So what, they just pull out a combine or somesuch to drag this poor saps out of the arena I guess?

That entire idea is basically like treasure.

"HELP ME!" *SCHLOOOORP*  (Well you try and make a scooping up a cat sound, it ain't easy brutha)

See also, hissing Ray.  I love hissing Ray.  If I ever accidentally reproduce, I'm naming the kid Hissing Ray, even if it's a girl.

And wtf is with that hat?  Serious.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest

Daaaaang, yo. The panel of Ray in a cat pose, hissing, just wins everything. It's so easy to forget that we're actually looking at anthropomorphosized animals, given the degree to which they're normally anthropomorphic, so panels like this have a particularly strong effect. Rad. Also, Ray's moves are smoother than I expected; I guess Tim Simmons is still The Dude Who Has Got No Mercy after all.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest

WTF?  Is this newbie hour?  Jebus H. Fuckjockey... I just.. I don't even know anymore.

Hey, now, careful there. Even if some of us have a third of your cans (for reasons unknown), we still remember when you wore the Scrambles the Dog moniker, Queue. Don't be steppin'.

Quote
See also, hissing Ray.  I love hissing Ray.  If I ever accidentally reproduce, I'm naming the kid Hissing Ray, even if it's a girl.

Hissing Ray Queue would be a fantastic GOF name, you realize.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Hey, now, careful there. Even if some of us have a third of your cans (for reasons unknown), we still remember when you wore the Scrambles the Dog moniker, Queue. Don't be steppin'.

Hissing Ray Queue would be a fantastic GOF name, you realize.

Look, I'm not saying they should go away, but man oh man that was a lot of newbie for me to take first thing in the morn y'know?  (To be fair, none of the posts were crap dude posts so good on them for that.)

Hissing Ray is waaay better than Son of Rodney.  I think you have a point there.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mr. Gary

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile

Agreeing with everyone, Hissing Ray is amazing.

His execution of the punch is what I really like, though. All ducking under Sipes' punch, all leaping through the air to deliver the killing blow in Bloodsport fashion (backwards). Ray's not forgotten his dancing days.

Also, Ron's writhing on the floor looks kind of a lot like he's an extra in Footloose who just suffered a back injury.
Logged

Shazbut

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile

Lets see how many newbies we can fit in one thread. 6 and counting...

I don't have much to say about this strip except I don't know what the Dickens is going on in the 5th panel. Am I correct in thinking Ray is facing the sky? He appears to have swung round the guy's entire body and somehow managed to start spinning clockwise in order to punch this guy, and all this in a split-second. Dude must have been watching hell of Bruce Lee.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

That's it, if Ray wins the GOF, becomes a legend himself and gets out of his father's shadow he'll no longer be known as Son of Rodney, but as Hissing Ray Smuckles.
The BEEP BEEP BEEP on the crane panel is also a winner.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile

I hate getting in the thread so late because everybody has already said everything I wanted to.

The "pissing" line, that's a Seagal reference, right? I swear, the movie where he says that line I never watched more than 5 seconds of, and that 5 seconds was when he said that line. And I was like 10 years old and it still stuck with me to this day.

At any rate, I never want this arc to end. I'll try my hand at making a pint sized gif of this amazing attack maneuver sometime.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile

My favorite is how Sipes' fist opens involuntarily the moment Ray hits the nerve. Very verisimilitudinous. It's like Onstad lives the strip before he draws it.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site

Yes, I love hissing Stubbs and all, but there is one thing that bothers me:  I think he should have his tail raised.  The thought sent me looking through strips to look at tail positions, but I haven't had time to finish the job.

Greatest job in the world - GOF crane operator.  It's like being paid to play a crane game, only funnier.

Also, mad respect for "OH GOD!  OH GOD!"

I'm glad that Stubbs has squashed the doubt I had on him.  I put my money on him when the arc first developed but I started to second guess him.  Nah, he is the Real Thing.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up