Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BRIT awards  (Read 2191 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
BRIT awards
« on: February 16, 2006, 10:02:07 pm »

http://brits.co.uk/artists/nominees2006.php

This is all rather upsetting. It was stupid of me to expect anything good this year, but this may have been the worst BRITS I have seen. The worst part, other than James Blunt actually winning best Pop act, was the fact that people are saying 'it's okay this year because the Kaiser Chiefs did well'. I just can't make that sentence work in my head.

Thank god for Paul Weller though. He'd rather 'eat his own shit' than play with Blunt. The awards only needed a mooning, Jarvis Cocker style, in order to provide a grin on recollection.

Anyone have their own favourites this year or agreed with any of the judges choices? Sorry for the largely self gratifying crap I have just posted.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: BRIT awards
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:50:37 pm »

Who the hell is this James Blunt guy? I'd never heard of him until a couple weeks ago when it was announced that The Boy Least Likely To would be opening at the 9:30 Club for this guy. I went to get my tickets and it had sold out in like 6 hours. Today was the only other time I've seen/heard his name. The hell?
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: BRIT awards
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 11:00:02 pm »

Who the hell is this James Blunt guy? I'd never heard of him until a couple weeks ago when it was announced that The Boy Least Likely To would be opening at the 9:30 Club for this guy. I went to get my tickets and it had sold out in like 6 hours. Today was the only other time I've seen/heard his name. The hell?

He's only really big in Britain right now, but he's becoming more popular everywhere else. I'm guessing you'll hear more of him sooner or later. Despite your incident with the tickets, he is nothing at all like the Boy Least Likely To. At all. He's one of those types where everyone you know hates him, yet he stills shifts millions of copies.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: BRIT awards
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 11:41:42 pm »

What if I said I really dig on James Blunt's music?
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: BRIT awards
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 11:48:52 pm »

What if I said I really dig on James Blunt's music?
You would be completely within your rights to do so! I am just not a very good person when it comes to respecting the fact people might not like the stuff that I do. Sorry for insulting him and all.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: BRIT awards
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 11:52:56 pm »

You would be completely within your rights to do so! I am just not a very good person when it comes to respecting the fact people might not like the stuff that I do. Sorry for insulting him and all.

No apology necessary. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I do find him quite nice to listen to. And do to not really listening to the radio here (as it SUCKS), I may not get sick of him do to the soon to come overplayage (I feel it...it's nearing...). :)
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-
Pages: [1]   Go Up