Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!  (Read 11870 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 01:45:22 pm »

Bela Lugosi.
Pull the string! Pull the string!

I have a hard time believing that the Latino Health Crisis ever got picked last for kickball.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 01:48:48 pm by idiomsavant »
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 01:48:55 pm »

Pull the string! Pull the string!
I have a hard time believing that the Latino Health Crisis ever got picked last for kickball.



Oh you totally should've seen him in his 2nd grade class photo.


All orthodontic headgear.
All chubby and pimply.
All smelling vaguely of swiss cheese.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 01:57:23 pm »

Ray's team is turning into GOF: A True Underdog Story. Man I hope Stephen Root shows up. That guy is hilarious.

I'm glad somebody already mentioned the shirtless pitstains. Although it took a few too many posts to get there. Work on that for next time kids.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 02:06:12 pm »

I resent the "midnight refresher"* comment (because it's true). Sometimes I wish I all but forgot about Achewood so I could come back in three months and get to read arcs like GOF back to back (oh, to be young again, and read 3 years worth of strips in a sitting...).


-----
*I also love it, because it sounds like the nom de guerre of a super-hero whose nightly endeavours you would want as little information about as possible.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 04:31:54 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 02:19:45 pm »

I'm glad somebody already mentioned the shirtless pitstains. Although it took a few too many posts to get there. Work on that for next time kids.

The pit stain is exactly what I came to post about. But when you think about the fact that he's a cat, you realize that he has stained his own fur. That's quite an achievement, Mr. British Dorkcat, sir.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 03:21:44 pm by Emergent_C »
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 02:20:52 pm »

I can't believe Stubbs Senior is so famous that even Brits know about him. He's famous nation-wide. That makes it so much awesomer.

Also, it's sort of a relief to see Beef and Ray break character in the last panel and go back to themselves. I don't know why, it just is. Just like, oh phew, they're still in there.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 02:41:40 pm »

I was not expecting THAT.  I have a hard time believing these two chaps will kick much ass, but stranger things have happened.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 03:26:11 pm »

There's something sublime and perfect about the way Ray's first-panel "DUST DUST" connects to last episode's last-panel hat-adjust.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 06:41:43 pm »

oh god, this reminds me of this horrible movie
at the end, all these heavy-metal dudes admit that they used to be geeks
"I used to play d&d!" "me too!" "I wore 1/4  inch-thich glasses!"

it was great.
k

also, my girlfriend still talks about the time she was sitting on a curb in England, and a bunch of "street punks" walked by who actually talked like this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 06:47:29 pm »

!!!

Airheads was awesome!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 07:05:22 pm »

was that the one about the heavy metal guys that take a radio station hostage so that they'll play their songs?


it reminded me of a true story about a Cure fan...

hm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 07:13:31 pm »

Quote
Ted Cobb shouldn't be so (crude and) feckless.
You been drinking booze for... breakfast. Rudie, can't fail. (That's right isn't it?)


I'd decided to withhold cans from you based on your unfortunate username, but this just rules.
I went to the market - to realize my soul. What I need...I just don't have (oh no).
 
 The names and alternating introduction made me laugh. Also, Ray being appalled at their praise for him is great. You guys helped me catch the panel 5 weirdness. Deffinitely not a mistake. It's sort of like the whole twin keepers of the maze in Labyrinth thing. Again, Ray acts appropriately by getting pissed off.
Logged
I am older now.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 07:18:54 pm »

oh god, this reminds me of this horrible movie
at the end, all these heavy-metal dudes admit that they used to be geeks
"I used to play d&d!" "me too!" "I wore 1/4  inch-thich glasses!"

it was great.
k

also, my girlfriend still talks about the time she was sitting on a curb in England, and a bunch of "street punks" walked by who actually talked like this.

Airheads.  Brandan Fraser, Steve Buschemi, Adam Sandler.

When I was younger, I liked that movie alot, because I played in a metal band.  I can't listen to metal any longer, though.
Logged
ACHIEVE

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 07:47:19 pm »

I was not expecting THAT.  I have a hard time believing these two chaps will kick much ass, but stranger things have happened.

They remind me of these two somewhat bumbling but hilarious assassins that always went around together in this one James Bond movie.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: February 17th, 2006 - We's chuffed, we is!
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 08:51:27 pm »

Airheads.  Brandan Fraser, Steve Buschemi, Adam Sandler.

When I was younger, I liked that movie alot, because I played in a metal band.  I can't listen to metal any longer, though.

Why? Your mom not let you or something?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up