Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: It is so cold...  (Read 10877 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 02:48:42 pm »

Paul, my boss has that coat, an actual vintage version of it, and wears it all the time.  It's sort of the trend among the sudo hip here - mostly because you can buy them at almost every vintage store in the city.  I never thought of it as a Marlborough Man coat though - that is news to me.

MrQ, what's the big deal with hiking 9 miles?  I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but I walk a minimum of 6 miles a day, and often 9-12 miles, and I tend to not consider that excessive.  Is it, like, a vertical hike, or are you just a big baby?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 02:57:43 pm »

Oh it's not the mileage.  It's the cold I'm most worried about.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

FutureDeadPerson

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • ARBLE GABBLE GOBBLE GREEBLE
    • View Profile
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 04:35:22 pm »

-16F with -40F wind chills here near Milwaukee.


Not the coldest we've ever had, but it was 52F here three days ago. 


Coldest temps I've ever experienced was -35F with -75 wind chills.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 05:18:23 pm »

I'm all in favor of global warming*.

~Paul

*I mean right now
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 07:45:42 pm »

I'm a big baby.  A six mile hike would likely kill me*.



*Seriously, my heart would 'splode.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 08:29:32 pm »

You know, I bet five to six layers of T-shirts would protect me from the cold.  Does anyone know where I can buy a lot of T-shirts?  I'm plum fresh out of any ideas where I can buy T-shirts without having to leave the comfort of my house.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2006, 08:36:43 pm »

Paul, my boss has that coat, an actual vintage version of it, and wears it all the time.  It's sort of the trend among the sudo hip here - mostly because you can buy them at almost every vintage store in the city.  I never thought of it as a Marlborough Man coat though - that is news to me.

Oh damn, that kind of spoils it for me.  I'll probably get one anyway because it looks so totally warm and comfortable.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 08:52:02 pm »

Smells, I know a place.

Sorry Jough.  All in good fun.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2006, 09:41:56 pm »

T-shirts also make excellent gifts!  Gift wrap service is available for a nominal fee.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2006, 09:44:01 pm »

Jough is turning into his nemesis: Onstad.

Really, both dudes can be dicks when they need to be, but when it comes to customer service, it's all automated smiles and blowjobs.  They aim to please.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006, 10:14:30 pm »

Ah, fuck it.  I may as well not pretend anymore.  There is no Chris Onstad.  That's just a sobriquet rouge.

THE MORE YOU KNOW...

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2006, 04:50:22 am »

I knew it!
I knew it!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 01:14:17 pm »

It, too, was around 60 degrees F about 3 days ago. The past two days have left us in single digits. Now it's 8:13 a.m. and we're sunny and 14 degrees F...and hoping to hit the mid 30's! SHOCKING! (I am in Indiana.)

I'm all in favor of global warming*.

~Paul

*I mean right now
I agree. Wholeheartedly.
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 05:40:48 pm »

Smells, I know a place.

I just spent near 10 minutes looking at "The Best Whores: THE SEXIEST, CRAZIEST, COOLEST, MOST CREATIVE WHORES!" contest. What can I say woman are a beautiful creation.

and I like boobs
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: It is so cold...
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 01:04:54 am »

and I like boobs

Of course you do, who doesn't? Now THAT'S a question!
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up