Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jobs!  (Read 19418 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2006, 03:02:19 am »

he also drops words, usually incredibly inappropriately

I once had an article that read, honestly, "Failure to can lead to severe seizures." Failure to what, failure to WHAT???

JACR (jake-er)?

I don't think I've ever edited anything that went into JACR, no. Though I've done work for other journals from the company that publishes JACR (Elsevier), like Clinical Neuroscience Research, and Epilepsy and Behavior. Sometimes interesting, sometimes not.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2006, 02:24:40 pm »

I once had an article that read, honestly, "Failure to can lead to severe seizures." Failure to what, failure to WHAT???

Oh my GOD. That's classic. It also reminds me of what might be my favorite Spamusement ever.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2006, 12:40:52 am »

Living on a bank loan while I work on getting my internet start-up off the ground.

No, really!  As long as you aren't expecting 1997 style 10 million dollars to build an office and purchase a small army's worth of nerf "fun workplace" gear, the Internet is an established enough business environment that if you come to them with good numbers and a realistic business plan (here's how we will have a positive cashflow in 6 months... here are several examples of businesses who have succeeded on a similar income model etc.) you can get a regular style business loan and not an "oh and we'll be taking 60% of your stock" venture capital investment.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2006, 12:43:06 am »

Living on a bank loan while I work on getting my internet start-up off the ground.


No pressure, there, though. At least your overhead could be pretty darn low, especially if you are sleeping on a sofa in your parent's house (not that I'm accusing you of that, I'm just saying is all)
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2006, 03:49:31 pm »

I'm a programmer for a bank.  My day consists mainly of being amazed that I am still paid to write Perl, of all things.  Though at my current job I get to mix in other outdated technologies like Pro*C and Oracle Forms.  Luckily, it sounds like I'm going to get some freelance work in something that may be marketable to potential future employers. 
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2006, 10:32:51 pm »

Living on a bank loan while I work on getting my internet start-up off the ground.

Watch out! A 900 million dollar loss can really take the wind out of your sails.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up