Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Porn  (Read 12561 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Christian Porn
« on: February 18, 2006, 08:07:49 pm »

First mentioned here.

I haven't worked out all of the details, but this could be bigger than Elvis.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 09:34:43 pm »

My roommate's sister is a film student, and one of her movies featured a joke porn called "Jesus fuck*ng Christ".
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 09:36:07 pm »

Oh, yes, fuck me, Jesus.

Who's your Lord?  Who's your Savior?

Oh, you are, Father, you are!

Yean, you like it on your knees praying, don't you sinner!

Yes, yes, bless me!  Bless meeeeeeeeeee!

Genuflect when you say that, whore.


Then they do the Stations of the Cross, all Easter Stylez.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 09:51:42 pm »

See, from my Catholic school days, what always confused me was the amount of foot washing and foot imagery in the Bible.  Was it a foot fetish thing?  You could corner the market.  Remember that story of Jesus letting Mary wash his feet with her tears and dry them with her hair.  What was going on there?  You tell me.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 10:08:55 pm »

Y'all have gotten it all wrong.  Let me interject here because I didn't give much detail in my initial post.  What I am talking about is breaking the stereotype of porn.  Instead of Christian Porn, think of it like this Wholsesome Family Porn.  What I mean is Porn that a Christian adult wouldn't feel uncomfortable watching.  Because Christians are sexual creatures who need stimulation like everyone else.  The charicterizations would be of wholesome family oriented people and the stories would involve doing things in a Christian manner that would also include having sex.  It would be almost manditory that the actors be actually married in real life, but that's probably not such a big deal to overcome.  I don't know how many good stories that fit this mold there are (maybe none), but lack of good stories never stopped romance or sci fi novels from being sold like hot cakes.  Of course it would be condemed in some quarters, but if it were done sincerely it would be accepted by the Christian masses.  It's an idea whose time has come.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 10:57:04 pm »

Footwashing is pretty easy to explain when you remember that in the sandy, dusty holy land,  everyone walked everywhere and wore sandals. You'd want those feet washed to if they were going to come into your house. Hell, that still more-or-less exists here in Hawaii. Every beachside house has a little foot-pedal spigot by the door.

The story of Jesus washing his disciples feet speaks to humility and the anointing of Jesus' feet is a story of surrender to the lord and sevitude in humility.

In my Lutheran church, the Pastor ritually washes the feet of the church Council on Maundy Thursday. This is a specific practice of this Pastor; I'd not seen it in other churches I've attended.

And Paul -you got it  right in that it's not 'what happens' in porn that goes against farily widely held Christian beliefs. If you read Song of Solomon in the Bible, you'll find a lot of allusion and even explicit reference to physical lovemaking between adults. God celebrates love and physical love and the pleasure we get from it is a gift. But of course, there are caveats for Christians who give it thought: that it's meant to be enjoyed in the context of marriage; that sex separated from love and commitment is not what God intended. At least, that's what many people discussing porn in the context of Christianiaty would tell you. In order to make it 'wholesome' in a Christian sense, it would celebrate marriage, commitment and everything that comes with it and the performers would be married as well. I don't think that's marketable to the vast majority of porn users or most Christians.




Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 04:26:23 am »

I don't think that's marketable to the vast majority of porn users or most Christians.

You say that like those are two different demographics.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 11:36:51 am »

I think the problem is that while you could make a porn movie that christians would not mind watching you have to remember that the purpose of porn is still a big no no in many christian (and other religious communities).
Even if it was just something to get you in the mood before you go at it with your loving wedded spouse, there'd probably be some coveting going on there.

But let's assume we have a market. Would you spend a lot of time emphasising the christians values exhibited by these people or would you just treat them as a given and give vague indications?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 02:26:44 am »

You say that like those are two different demographics.

~Paul

Now you're just baiting me.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 03:24:41 am »

Oh yeah, because none of the 4 Billion Dollars spent annually on the porn industry is coming from the wallets of Christians...

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 05:50:25 am »

Now you're just baiting me.

Optionally, at this point a joke regarding mastery and porn consumership may be utilized.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 09:08:23 am »

Don't know if there is some kind of ban on The Onion here, but, oh well.

Christain Porn climaxes with birth of child. http://www.theonion.com/content/node/44876
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 01:50:51 pm »

Now you're just baiting me.

Actually I was just going for laughs, but I don't think those two demographics are mutually exclusive.  Not by a long shot.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 03:35:41 pm »

See, I think this could work, especially if we're expanding "Christian" to mean "generally wholesome and focused on a committed, loving relationship." I mean, I'm hells of agnostic, and I'd still love to see more porn focused on loving relationships. (I think this sort of angle would even make the bizarro pon-stereotype sex a little easier to buy; for example, I'm not actually interested in watching analingus in any case, but if we have to have analingus, it makes a little more sense within the context of a committed and loving relationship than between perfect strangers. I mean, honestly.) I know there's a cottage industry of "real couples" porn; this sounds like it could be the same thing, except with a little more material about the non-sex relationship. It could work.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Porn
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 08:10:11 am »

Actually I was just going for laughs, but I don't think those two demographics are mutually exclusive.  Not by a long shot.

~Paul

I don't think they are either; however if a person were focused on building, perfecting and nurturing his relationship with God and his wife, there would be no reason for ponography. Pornography exists due to base human nature combined with original sin, which is are good things to work toward overcoming.

But we are none of us perfect - admitting that is the first step and working toward better relationships with the rest of humanity is second.

If porn were that harmless to you, it should bother you not one bit to see your parents, or friends, or sisters, or children involved in it. But to most people, that isn't the case. Not because of the activities but because of the complete and utter divorcement from intimacy that porn really creates.

There's a reason God gave humans both the capacity to love and to commit to love as well as  to enjoy physical lovemaking and I truly believe that these were meant to be enjoyed together. Pornography attempts to make one independent from the others and I don't believe that was the intention of the Creator.

Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up