Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GOF Newbie gender  (Read 8373 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 09:41:35 pm »

Well it helps even more to not only have an interesting avatar but also to go from from zero to entertaining in 2 days like Zart or Q

Good gravy, thanks and all Cort, but really I can't even be on a list composed of just me an Zart.

Besides, I'm sure some people would disagree about my level of entertainment provided.


Well I guess noah doesn't count, but I'm sure AD could say some shit about me that would be true and negative at the same time.  ;)


As for the n00bs, there's really waaaay too fuckin' many.  I'm at the point now where if I don't recognize the name/avatar I just skim the post for naughty words and move on.  At this rate they won't even get assigned "personalities" in my mind until like 2010.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 10:04:39 pm »

one big mass of n00b.

I propose that we ought to have a test people take before they're allowed to register.  They need to pass a quiz on major highlights of the archives, important minor characters, common board in-jokes, and facts about the board regulars including the Gone but Not Forgotten. And thereafter if they express surprise at the fact that they can't type the words '#####' and '*****', immediate bannation.

This is my reasonable reaction to the situation.  Compared to my dark thoughts that, for example, no one can register without an avatar that has been approved for excellence by a committee composed of me.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 10:16:46 pm »

Well I guess noah doesn't count, but I'm sure AD could say some shit about me that would be true and negative at the same time.  ;)

You're full of shit for saying I would say some negative shit about you. (ironic juxtaposition jokingly intended).
Unless saying that you and I don't agree on anything would be considered negative. In which case, I guess.

For the record, I think you're pretty much an un-crap dude.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 12:36:15 am by AlohaDawg »
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 10:31:49 pm »

Merely teasing AD, merely teasing.

I think of you like my non-evil Nemesis.  Like we have all these secret battles on the streets of Astral City and whatnot, and maybe afterwards we go and split a pizza.

Oh and mostly I'm only mad at you because in my imagination your cape is waaay better than mine, which is basically a towel with a safety pin.

I don't know how this is your fault and not a fault of my imagination however.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

FutureDeadPerson

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • ARBLE GABBLE GOBBLE GREEBLE
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 10:39:25 pm »

Damnit, I knew I should have registered when I first saw this place.  But then I thought to myself, "Why waste my time talking about Achewood when I could possibly be doing something constructive like become a fireman or a seal trainer."  You see, it wasn't the GOF that got me to register here, it's that my life is now sadly out of options.


Ah well, at least I got my Hot Pockets brand stuffed sandwiches.  :-\
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 10:55:19 pm »

Damn, wombat went all hard-ass on us. She wants test and hazing, and probably some kind of spanking ritual now.

Although back in the Dumbrella days I lurked for like 7 months for fear of being mercilessly mocked off the board.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 11:03:28 pm »

I would have lurked on Dumbrella forever if Onstad hadn't asked for someone to cook a Hell Baby and post a picture, and I beat everyone else to it.  You can't just settle for any old first post, people.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 01:27:07 am by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 11:04:09 pm »

Yeah, but the Dumbrella boards are notoriously vicious.  I've given up posting there for fear that I may say the wrong thing, be mercilessly abused, and be forced to live out the rest of my days in a cave, crying and having no one to talk to but myself.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2006, 11:07:47 pm »

Yeah, but the Dumbrella boards are notoriously vicious. 

And we are of course all sweetness and light.  But we do have standards.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2006, 12:15:22 am »

This board is like an electronic hug compared to Dumbrella.

Okay, we may slap your ass and grab a handful of crotch during that hug, but a hug's a hug nonetheless.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2006, 12:38:30 am »

Man I lurked for ages before posting on this board, it's just such a tight nit group (and fairly high on the wit and intelligence-o-meter too) that it's a bit intimidating. Brilliant first few posts help in a big way should have though more instead of just trying to insinuate myself in over time, I'm still working on that one. So yeah, all you filthy lurkers think for a while and come up with something to totally blow us all away.

Actually deliberately brilliant first posts would probably just end up being hi-lariously bad but then that's always welcome entertainment too.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 12:40:58 am »

Actually deliberately brilliant first posts would probably just end up being hi-lariously bad but then that's always welcome entertainment too.

Not to mention potential bannination for punning or TOUAMBIE for the most irritating N00b. We keep getting N00b traffiic like this, we might have to award that one monthly.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2006, 04:09:58 am »

Man, nobody will ever dethrone THA SUGAH RAIN. He may have to be the worst n00b of 2006/2007/2008, really.

(Newbies, don't attempt to dethrone him. This particular TOUAMBie is not an honor.)

I, too, lurked for approximately forever on the Dumbrella board because I was afraid. Once this board arose I, a gentle n00blet, came on and started analyzing like mad, somehow managing to get myself tolerated to this very day. Hooray!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2006, 04:49:15 am »

get myself tolerated to this
Can we get a 'most ridiculous understatement by someone with "admin" under their name' award please?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2006, 04:46:49 am »

Can we get a 'most ridiculous understatement by someone with "admin" under their name' award please?

Man, I'm just trying to keep my expectations of my role here realistic. I have to assume that anyone who's lost 70% of the tiny cans they've ever acquired, and appears to be losing faster than gaining, is at bare minimum in a low-water popularity period. I'd rather think of myself as adequate and not be disappointed than wake up one morning to the proverbial pig's blood on my head at the prom.

(Especially since I'm relatively sure you can't telekinetically slaughter people over the Internet, so, y'know.)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up