Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monkeys In the Island  (Read 3095 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Monkeys In the Island
« on: September 04, 2003, 08:03:57 pm »

Well, it gives me an entire day to speak like I'm in Monkey Island! I'm going to go around insult fencing with people. What more could I ask for.
Might change my name to Slink Threepwood for the day too.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Monkeys In the Island
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 08:56:03 pm »

Slink, you get all the mad props in the world for that allusion.  That was such a rad game.  The sequel was most disappointing, however... I got permanently stuck at an unwinnable spitting contest... a sad fate indeed.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Monkeys In the Island
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 08:36:48 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Slink, you get all the mad props in the world for that allusion.  That was such a rad game.  The sequel was most disappointing, however... I got permanently stuck at an unwinnable spitting contest... a sad fate indeed.


Why thankyou! I think Pirates, I think MI.
They did get gradually worse though. Although in some ways MI2 is my favourite. Possibly because there is a superb voiced version of it available.
MI4 was just terrible. It's proof that you shouldn't continue a license without the original makers!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Monkeys In the Island
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 06:02:55 pm »

[continuing derail]

Slink, did you beat MI2?  I envy you.   And I always found the voiced thing a little disturbing.  

I didn't even know they went up to 4.  That's utterly brutal.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Monkeys In the Island
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 10:48:14 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
[continuing derail]

Slink, did you beat MI2?  I envy you.   And I always found the voiced thing a little disturbing.  

I didn't even know they went up to 4.  That's utterly brutal.


I did beat all the MI games, except 4 which I got so sick of, expecially when it crashed lots.
4 was all 3d and had no content from the guys who made the first two, so it was just, well, glib and not funny, and generally silly in all the not like the first ones silly.
You shouldn't envy me for having so much geek bravado that I completed them - unless it's because you had no free time or something, in which case I should tell you that the amounts of free time I had in which to finish them destroyed me! But then I may be about to get a job as a games tester, so it can't be all bad!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up