Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Magical Fruit...  (Read 7461 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 05:33:59 pm »

I like chili with beans.  I also like chili without beans.  I like pretty much any kind of chili you got.

I have this book called Chili Nation which has a chili recipe for every state, plus DC.  I have made every recipe out of it save one (that would be Arkansas, which requires that you make tamales first.  One day it'll happen). 

If you look at Amazon's "Look inside" for this, you can actually skeeze the recipe for Alabama's chili, which is regular ol' meat 'n' beans chili like your mom used to make (if you're not from Texas, New Mexico, or Ohio), and is quite the staple at our house.  The Arizona one is really good too.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 06:05:00 pm »

Q, just to clarify and make your vision that much better: it was each other's feet. And they spent a lot more time on the feet than the beans.

I knew I should've clarified that sentence, or provided a story.  Now *I'm* grossed out.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 01:17:19 am »

I am also grossed out! GOSH GUYS! THAT'S MY BF AND HIS MOM! EWWW!

In other news....
Beans are delicious. A bean dip that I love to make (but Alex is not such a fan of) is a mexican dip where you take a pan (glass is good) and then put refried beans on the bottom and then you could put your black beans on top of that and then layer like tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, onions, whatever you want really, and sprinkle cheese on top and then cook it in a lower temp in the oven until it's all warm. Sometimes I add spiced up ground beef or cream cheese as layers. And having sour cream or guacamole for after the oven cooking is good too. It is a delicious dip for tortilla chips. And you can basically make it however you want, which is an added bonus. :)

Mmmm....now I'm hungry....
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 01:25:48 am »

We're having a lot of trouble answering Smells' request that the recipes be meatless, you wild and crazy carnivores.  Actually I am a bean hater too.  The only bean things I really like are Indian or Ethiopian split pea or lentil dishes.  If I had to eat more meatless beans I would look for recipes for those.  No, I'm lying actually, what I'd do is get those things as take-out.  But they are not that hard to make.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 02:21:17 am »

This is an extremely dorky thing to admit, but I somehow managed to develop a psychosomatic (but extremely long-lived and potent) allergy to beans way back in Girl Scout camp. The taste, and that grainy, slimy texture... oh God. That said, I wholeheartedly support beans being eaten by people who aren't me and ideally are nowhere near me -- I like to think it's my way of giving everyone else in the world a few extra beans that I, in my lifetime, won't eat.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that people should post recipes that side_show can actually eat!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 02:42:52 am »

Smells, how do you feel about a bean/rice mixture?  Would this be accessible?  If so I may have just the thing...
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 02:54:49 am »

Hey! Mine didn't have meat! You could add it, like I mentioned, but you don't have too! I made it with vegetarian refried beans even (ya know, without the animal fat processed in) and it was even more delicious! I'm not a big meat person myself...at least not a big red meat person.

Q, I like beans and rice recipes! Mmmm...
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 03:17:12 am »

Hey! Mine didn't have meat! You could add it, like I mentioned, but you don't have too! I made it with vegetarian refried beans even (ya know, without the animal fat processed in) and it was even more delicious! I'm not a big meat person myself...at least not a big red meat person.

Q, I like beans and rice recipes! Mmmm...

I've disapointed you by not taking a picture of the beans and sausage I made...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 03:22:42 am »

I've disapointed you by not taking a picture of the beans and sausage I made...

~Paul

It is slightly true, but you made up for it with the peppers and sausage picture. That looked DELICIOUS! I gave you a TCoDP for that! :)
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2006, 12:17:13 pm »

I'm not a big meat person myself...

Clearly, given your choice of boyfriend.




OOOOOOH BURNT
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2006, 02:00:58 pm »

Golfhaus, it....it hurts when you say that.

I can't believe I got BURNED in the third degree by a messageboard.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2006, 03:11:48 pm »

If it helps any, I was more amused with myself for pulling "OOOOH BURNT" out of my fourth-grade class in 1987 than by insulting your actual, personal hose.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2006, 03:39:54 pm »

If it helps any, I was more amused with myself for pulling "OOOOH BURNT" out of my fourth-grade class in 1987 than by insulting your actual, personal hose.

Actually, yes, it does - see, I always associate "OOOOOH BURNT" with the exact same tone of voice and delivery, probably you do too - except that because of your avatar, I pictured that tone and delivery coming from Mr. Bear, and it was hilarious.

to me, anyway
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2006, 05:47:26 pm »

Actually, yes, it does - see, I always associate "OOOOOH BURNT" with the exact same tone of voice and delivery, probably you do too - except that because of your avatar, I pictured that tone and delivery coming from Mr. Bear, and it was hilarious.

to me, anyway

Mr. Bear would be utterly confounded by it.

"What is this exclamation you kids are making these days, talking about lighting aflame your fellow man? You are in Trouble, young people!"
Logged

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: The Magical Fruit...
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 07:55:35 pm »

Oh man, touchy subject...I don't think I should discuss my bf's "big meat" on a message board. But he surely didn't deserve to be insulted for it. I'll say that much! :)
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up