Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that  (Read 9515 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 10:16:01 pm »

Victorian Private Message:

From M_____ Queue

Dearest Womby, I have left you this wax sealed letter written in my finest script in your secret mailbox out behind the cottage we share with Uncle.

I certainly hope he does not stumble out as he did the evening prior and drunkenly labor over our hides with the belt.  I am, of course, beside myself with fear that he may yet find our hiding place and thereupon lay us about the face and tender spots; enjoying himself most longly.

Yours In Fear,

M______ Queue

Damn queue, nice job.  But what do you say to scholars who claim that Womby's "secret mailbox" (the place where you've put your package) is actually straight-up referring to her pu$$y?  What do you say to those people?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 10:19:13 pm »

Sometimes a secret mailbox is just a secret mailbox.*



* Other times a secret mailbox is actually the preserved and hollowed out corpse of a rat; it is all we could find back during our days with Horrible Uncle Hermann.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 10:23:38 pm »

My darling Q,
Please God that you find this note safely. When Uncle sent you to tend the chickens, he lured me into the parlor and forced me to lift my petticoats and show him my ankles. Barely escaping his evil clutches I have fled in disguise to a small town in Oxford, whose name I dare not commit to writing for fear of discovery.  When you find me, you will recognize me by the secret handshake. 
In haste,
W
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 10:29:50 pm »

I have fled in disguise to a small town in Oxford..

You did that on purpose!

Obviously.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2006, 10:34:18 pm »

::applause:: YES. Cans for both of you.
Making fun of Victorians should be much encouraged.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2006, 10:52:53 pm »

So could you all use your influencing powers on Mr. Onstad to have Lie Bot appear? I am contemplating a Lie Bot tattoo, and the more I see him, the more it wears down on my concerns that I would someday regret a Lie Bot tattoo.

Only if you get the strip "what's so bad about a rotob's ass?" tattooed on your ass.

That would be funny.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006, 11:43:46 pm »

Gotta be honest, this new arc ain't doing much for me. I dig me some Ray, but not when he becomes the default character for all things badass. He and Beef are way out of character, and I'm shocked to see a fight like this with nary a Lyle or Todd in sight.

Besides, some of the punchlines (Beef's aphorism on dodgeball, etc.) just don't fit Achewood's feel. Not like this. Pointing out that the kids picked last in dodgeball are violatile is too mundane a joke for Mr. Onstad.

S'a good point, I was surprised by that as well, but I said nothing.  I must improve.  That is how the cleansing happens.

Also, hella points for linking a strip in which Beef is smoking cigarettes.  I don't remember Beef ever quitting cigarettes, but never smokes them anymore.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Karva

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2006, 12:11:33 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_and_Leander

"Succumbing to Leander's soft words, and to his argument that Aphrodite, as goddess of love, would scorn the worship of a virgin, Hero allowed him to make love to her. This routine lasted through the warm summer. But one stormy winter night, the waves tossed Leander in the sea and the breezes blew out Hero's light, and Leander lost his way, and was drowned. Hero threw herself from a tower in grief and died as well."
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2006, 12:13:37 am »

It's because, basically, California is going to make smoking illegal sooner or later.



Also, Karva, interesting non-sequitor but I think we covered that here.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 12:17:33 am by AlohaDawg »
Logged

Karva

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2006, 02:07:43 am »

So could you all use your influencing powers on Mr. Onstad to have Lie Bot appear? I am contemplating a Lie Bot tattoo, and the more I see him, the more it wears down on my concerns that I would someday regret a Lie Bot tattoo.

Why would one possibly regret having a Lie Bot tattoo? Clearly you're destined for a tattoo of an automaton's behind, which is never, ever bad.

That said, I think it may be time to invoke the ancient and sacred cry, the one I recall reverberating across the Ur-MB when I was still a timid lurker and Onstad walked the earth like a god:

NEEDS MORE LYLE

Great, and here I've already been losing my tiny cans at a huge rate; watch the rest of them spiral down the drain...

Also, I had a comment about Queue and Wombat's "secret mailbox," but it's already been covered. Good work, folks!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 02:13:18 am by V-Adore »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2006, 02:13:01 am »

S'a good point, I was surprised by that as well, but I said nothing.  I must improve.  That is how the cleansing happens.

Also, hella points for linking a strip in which Beef is smoking cigarettes.  I don't remember Beef ever quitting cigarettes, but never smokes them anymore.

In the bonus features of one of the books he talks about various quit-smoking programs but he's been seen to smoke since then (such as when hacking yahoo)
Logged

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2006, 03:01:58 am »

That said, I think it may be time to invoke the ancient and sacred cry, the one I recall reverberating across the Ur-MB when I was still a timid lurker and Onstad walked the earth like a god:

NEEDS MORE LYLE

Great, and here I've already been losing my tiny cans at a huge rate; watch the rest of them spiral down the drain...

Just for that, I GAVE you a TCoDP...TAKE THAT! :)
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2006, 03:12:27 am »

Ah... I so love the brit speak...

The tiny detail of 'XML' and 'RSS' made me and mom laugh since I just got through telling her how syndications / rss readers work and how to phrase it on her page since she didn't want a newsletter anymore.  instead, she just wanted to update new stuff on the blog.  anyhow, yes... it's the little things....

*ahem*

Yeah, I've been missing for most this arc and... that's all I have to say...

Though I'd like to hear from mr. bear.. where's he been?

..and the glasses beef's been wearing makes me think he's in some sci-fi flick for some reason.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: 02-21-06 Ray Wouldn't Roll with guys like that
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2006, 03:46:25 am »

Starlight, thank you for sharing.  Indeed, the XML/RSS distinction has saved many broken families, and contributed to several Oedipal Complexes.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up