Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: GOF Ramifications  (Read 12818 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2006, 03:31:22 pm »

shut up mr q
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2006, 03:37:43 pm »

shut up mr q

Now Noah, no one likes a crap dude. You know it, I know it, TOUAMB knows it.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2006, 03:40:50 pm »

shut up mr q

Why so hostile noah?


Is it because you are afraid of your attraction to me?

It is okay to feel the way you do, really, even if you will never know the tormenting passion that is my love because I don't play that game.   

I am sorry this has made you angry Noah, it is like a classic novel where the hero is all tortured and retarded.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2006, 03:52:27 pm »

"Tortured and retarded"

Umm... Flowers for Algernon?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2006, 03:55:52 pm »

"Tortured and retarded"

Umm... Flowers for Algernon?

I was thinking of Tom Jones by Henry James, but that works too.  Thank you sir.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2006, 05:31:40 pm »

If you really want a much-too-serious, psychological angle on the strip, consider: why do so many characters have absent or dead fathers.

Because it works for Disney? The only Disney heroines I can think of off the of my head with fathers are Mulan and Ariel. In Ariels case, no mother. (and she was majorly bratty, defiant and opnely disobedient.)

Mulan had two actual parents. I'm not sure that ever happened before.Even in Toy Story there was no dad.

This line of reasoning doesn't apply to non-animated Disney movies.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2006, 05:53:51 pm »

There's dads in the non-animated ones, but they're ineffective doofuses most of the time.

Mufasa was a good dad in The Lion King, but then he died.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2006, 05:56:50 pm »

What about Pinocchio? I've never seen it but Jepetto seems pretty dad-like to me.

[edit: great. With this post I became Homosexuals the Gorilla. I hope this rank doesn't last long]
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2006, 06:07:42 pm »

What about Pinocchio? I've never seen it but Jepetto seems pretty dad-like to me.

[edit: great. With this post I became Homosexuals the Gorilla. I hope this rank doesn't last long]

If it makes you feel better you've always bee Homosexuals the Gorilla in my mind.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2006, 10:00:04 pm »

If it makes you feel better you've always been Homosexuals the Gorilla in my mind.

To the tune of Carolina In My Mind by James Taylor.
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2006, 06:46:20 pm »

Where does he get the hat anyway?  It appeared, and I thought nothing of it.  I went back, and found that on the morning of the fight, he just casually flips it on, and is considerably more hard-ass from that point on, and does not seem to have taken it off yet.  I think it would be incredibly easy for Onstad to attribute Ray's abilities / attitude to the hat, and would just plop him back in his old self right after this.  I wouldn't be very surprised at all, and I really don't see this having much of an impact, except for maybe scattered references later.

On a side note, I find it amusing that people here have commented about how characters such as Nice Pete might show up in the GOF, and then we are given a blog entry that shows that such characters are quite certainly not at the acres.  I guess it's not paranoia that makes people here think Chris might be visiting...
Logged
~

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2006, 07:50:30 pm »

Where does he get the hat anyway? 

I assumed eBay? Though the hat isn't mentioned there...we know there's probably not enough room in a daily strip for everything Ray might have acquired on eBay...

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2006, 09:18:39 pm »

That would definitely a more useful purchase than a "I Ride With Rodney" pin, indeed..
Logged
~

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2006, 09:26:19 pm »

That would definitely a more useful purchase than a "I Ride With Rodney" pin, indeed..

Caesar Rodney is famous for a midnight ride.

...the more you know.

disseminary

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Ramifications
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2006, 03:57:38 am »

i could totally see nice pete roll up on the fight, it fits his MO. though, it remains to be seen if even he can keep up with the sheer brutality of the fights. he seems more of a private sort, so the camaraderie of violence might deter him. im definitely surprised lyle didnt go. am i the only one that thinks he should be directly involved, instead of watching the updates?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up