Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: fantasy baseball?  (Read 5032 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Immortal

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
fantasy baseball?
« on: February 24, 2006, 08:01:35 am »

well, um,... hi

i don't mean to solicit, i hope this isn't seen as such a thing. it's just that... i have this fantasy baseball league on yahoo!, and i just thought.. you know, if anyone wants to join, they can.

here's the info, if you're interested:

go to http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com
join a private league
league ID: 77021
password: baseball
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 04:01:44 pm »

Fantasy Baseball: D&D for baseball fans.

I'm just sayin'.
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 04:05:40 pm »

We're posting on an internet message board designed for a web comic. Let's not delude ourselves here.

Immortal, what kind of draft?

Immortal

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 05:15:12 pm »

live draft at noon on the first saturday in march


and as for it being D&D for baseball fans... it SO is. i'll admit that. but that doesn't stop it from being slightly cool
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 06:01:47 pm »

Not ridiculing the fantasy baseball, just callin' 'em like I sees 'em.

Perhaps in a different world, (in which I would know something about baseball) I too, would be a part of the fantasy.
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 06:15:32 pm »

At least fantasy baseball is based in reality.

In true dork form, I've played SIM baseball, which is an online baseball game where you're at the whim of a random number generator. I might as well had been rolling the twelve sided die.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 04:02:44 am »

Hey, baseball fans need D&D too. It's unfair that we D&D geeks should greedily hoard the world's supply for ourselves.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 05:05:09 pm »

I've never even considered this, even though I used to collect baseball cards and still have we dreams about watching a game in Shea Stadium (for which I am trying to buy tickets like right now.  It's hella slow).

But it could be fun...although I tend to have lots of things that waste my spare time already.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 12:51:44 am »

Hey, baseball fans need D&D too. It's unfair that we D&D geeks should greedily hoard the world's supply for ourselves.

I remember a game where you played football, but with a team made up of ogres and trolls and stuff. I think D&D geeks and Sports Geeks have already intermingled in horrible ways.

The ball looked like a big eyeball, it might have been alive.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 01:58:39 am »

I remember a game where you played football, but with a team made up of ogres and trolls and stuff. I think D&D geeks and Sports Geeks have already intermingled in horrible ways.

The ball looked like a big eyeball, it might have been alive.

Blood Bowl. There was a big tournament at the last sf convention I went to.
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 09:17:09 am »

That sounds like Mutant League Football?

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 07:00:08 pm »

The MFL, or: What the XFL wanted to be so bad that it hurt. - A harrowing tale in three parts by Vincent McMahon, Esq.

Everything comes back to wrestling. Everything.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 06:23:16 pm »

I joined, swelling the league to 4 teams.  What's the minimum on the number of teams we need to make this happen?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 09:26:53 pm »

Blood Bowl. There was a big tournament at the last sf convention I went to.

No, I remember a computer game like this too. Real long time ago, though.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: fantasy baseball?
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 10:21:19 pm »

No, I remember a computer game like this too. Real long time ago, though.

Ah, okay. Well, Blood Bowl's been around for a while (I remember ads for it in the late 80s) and fits the description pretty much exactly, so the confusion is understandable.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up