Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue  (Read 11200 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« on: February 24, 2006, 09:55:52 am »

The man with the blood on his hands.  Panels 1-5 were harsh, but the rest vent off the pressure pretty well. The Tenmen stage shot looks awesome.
Logged
I am older now.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 10:05:02 am »

Ya know, I could probably type about this strip for a half hour, at least.  But instead I am just going to pour a tumbler of whiskey and think about ex-girlfriends eating heavily sauced pasta.
Logged
ACHIEVE

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 10:28:59 am »

Good. This is the only follow-up to pulling off a man's jaw that i'd accept.
At least where Ray is concerned.
Great writing in this one though, kinda justifies seeing Ray puke.
Logged

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 10:44:58 am »

This is ten times better than anything I dared hope for.

Ray is still Ray.

I loved the kind of momentary relief the strip provides, just in time for the weekend. Althought there is an ominous "calm before the storm" feeling as well. Kind of like in a war movie where the troops are relaxing for a bit but you just know some serious shit is going to go down soon.

Also loved the claws in Ray's hands (paws?) in the closeup. Kind of drives home the fact that yes, ripping someone's face clean off is quite doable with these things.

Panel 7 with Beef is excellent. Like he's been watching the whole thing and is still completely on top of things.

What's with the chicken wire and barbed wire, are the organizers afraid that the contestants will attack the Tenmen? And how does the band get off the stage?

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 11:59:46 am »


Great writing in this one though, kinda justifies seeing Ray puke.

Word, seeing Ray puke always sucks.

What's with the chicken wire and barbed wire, are the organizers afraid that the contestants will attack the Tenmen? And how does the band get off the stage?

SHUT UP just SHUT THE HELL UP.
I think it's an artistic thing, actually. Any extra details like speakers or doors would have ruined the panel.
Logged
I am older now.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 12:12:19 pm »

Word, seeing Ray puke always sucks.

And how.

Quote
SHUT UP just SHUT THE HELL UP.
I think it's an artistic thing, actually. Any extra details like speakers or doors would have ruined the panel.

 :'(
...yeah, I know what you mean. just trying to be funny i guess.

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 12:16:12 pm »

So at least we get why there was no strip yesterday. Today we got a SUPER-STRIP. I was glad to see Ray felt BAD that he ripped some dude's face off. I know a lot of people here were worried he's changing. Nope. Still ol' Ray, just now, not believing he just de-faced a man. Ahh and Beef is so ninja-sweet, all coming from the shadows, all watching all the time. Haha, god, the idea of that cat challegning Ray basically to get hurt in the first place is great. He's got his own team of cosmetic surgens right outside. I expect he's gotten it done quite a few times before. THAT explains why he had no mouth in the first place. ;D
Logged

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 12:30:18 pm »

Something bothers me now.

In the last strip, the Honky Tonk Blowjob Duder said:

"Oh, and I'll be takin' that little gang of yours with me. Give 'em a chance at fightin' under a real man."

Then today, Beef said:

"Now that you've kicked the ass of the only other army leader it looks like you're dining alone tomorrow"

Now, is it just me, or does something here not add up? Maybe my brain ain't wired right, but from what Honky Tonk said I understood that he wanted to take charge of Ray's army (against some other army) - but what Beef says sounds like the guy was already the leader of some other crew.

my brain asplode

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 12:31:03 pm »

his mother didn't want him to look for that ability in himself

I dont' really have anything else to say.

I want to see the Tenmen.

but I don't imagine that the kind of people who fight 3000 other men (/cats) would enjoy them. I mean... rickenbackers are not so hardcore. they seem like they'd like some angry music.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 01:01:25 pm »

Okay Mr. Chris Onstad, IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME.

I appologize for doubting you.  You win, okay?


Dear lord do I love the Tenmen, just the entire concept of a rickenbaker drumset makes me quiver with delightful joy like a child with his first RC car.

Ray is Ray here, but Beef is just stone cold, the panel with his hand out and "Nice work", I was all daaaaaaamn Beef.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 01:12:32 pm »

And how.


Good call, never has a shade of grey been so gross. And it's the bg color for the typing area on TOUAMB. How come?

So at least we get why there was no strip yesterday. Today we got a SUPER-STRIP. I was glad to see Ray felt BAD that he ripped some dude's face off.

It felt so good when Ray disfigured Cody Travis. I am glad there was some blowback, though. I felt a little bad. It took a cartoon cat destroying another cat to show me my humanity.

Also, welcome Color-me-brad. Isn't that a plush toy that you can color and wash again and again? 
Logged
I am older now.

Shazbut

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 01:27:44 pm »

All is forgiven Onstad. Thank frickin' GOD for this strip.

Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 01:40:44 pm »

"He's fine, he has stuff for his album"

Brilliant.
Logged

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 01:52:49 pm »



Now, is it just me, or does something here not add up? Maybe my brain ain't wired right, but from what Honky Tonk said I understood that he wanted to take charge of Ray's army (against some other army) - but what Beef says sounds like the guy was already the leader of some other crew.

He probably wanted to add Ray's army to his own, thus resulting in an even larger army.  So does Ray get to lead Honky Tonk Blowjob's army now?

I picture the Tenmen being secured in thier crate outside the walls, being lowered onto the stage by a crane, and then, at the end of the show, being taken out again.
Logged

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 02:05:07 pm »

"A three day dutch fugue" was just added to my vocabulary. It's guaranteed to be the next phrase that I use in a public situation which will fall flat as soon as it leaves my lips.

also, does anyone else think that "The Tenmen" are the achewood analogue to "The Locust"?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up