Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: By request  (Read 3926 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
By request
« on: February 26, 2006, 01:28:27 pm »

I was reading an IMDB forum and some troll posted this saying it was a 'sneak preview' from the set of an upcoming movie. I'm sure they thought it would only annoy people but to me that link is pure joy, look at that fellow, he has it going on.
And when you look at the next directory up you get this.

Just thought I'd share. Go about your business.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: By request
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 06:46:20 pm »

I love that the album's name is By Request Only. Somehow that cracks me up the most. Ken's really got it goin' on in the hair department, though.

Staying with the theme, this is the stuff nightmares are made of. Do not click if hung over or otherwise easily traumatized.

And Zip Zap Rap is of course an all-time classic, you gotta give it up for Devastatin' Dave the Turn Table Slave. Unfortunately I was unable to find the cover at the site right now, it's easily enough found via Google though.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: By request
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 07:42:38 pm »

Oh, man, my day is made. I've only started browsing this, but I'm not sure anything can top this (not safe for work, school, or human beings).
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: By request
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 08:29:28 pm »

This reminds me of this from a couple of years ago.  I'm a sad sack who has them all locally, but some of them aren't all that great.  Others however are... completely mindbogglingly amusing/good.

Enjoy.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: By request
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 08:49:12 pm »

This reminds me of this from a couple of years ago.  I'm a sad sack who has them all locally, but some of them aren't all that great.  Others however are... completely mindbogglingly amusing/good.

Enjoy.

Thank you Mister Q, you just gave me my soundtrack for work tomorrow.  :D

That electronic organ advertisement alone was worth the price of admission. Multi-ply Mahogany; Looks Well In Any Room!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: By request
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 08:56:14 pm »

Half of the fun is reading the stories behind the songs.  Like the Bob Vido one is superb.

But you're quite welcome, it was a fun trip going through all of those the first time I did.  :)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: By request
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 10:28:30 pm »

Oh, man, my day is made. I've only started browsing this, but I'm not sure anything can top this (not safe for work, school, or human beings).

I see pictured Richard, Funky Honkey, and Nasty Nigger.  Willie must be the one getting the BJ.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: By request
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 12:53:56 am »

Personally I found their top 10 to be very spotty, the first few were just silly or stupid then like four gems and then number 1 was just 'oh a nude 12 year old'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: By request
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 03:00:11 am »

Doc, I did not know the origin of your Batman avatar until yesterday.  I am glad that I understand this one right away, because clearly you have a knack for picking little pictures with hilarious backstories.  Bravo, sir.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: By request
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 05:25:20 am »

so...
will it ever stop being cool to like things that are lame? the whole "ironically liking things" thing is getting really old.

or at least, the fact that its so ubiquitous. napoleon dynamite! chuck norris! anything from the 80's!
argh!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: By request
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 05:28:48 am »

so...
will it ever stop being cool to like things that are lame? the whole "ironically liking things" thing is getting really old.

or at least, the fact that its so ubiquitous. napoleon dynamite! chuck norris! anything from the 80's!
argh!


Pssst.. that's been going on for a LONG LONG time.  So no, it won't stop.  It will just change what sort of things it "ironically" likes, I hope you find this helpful.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: By request
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 06:57:18 am »

Thankyou for your kind words Hobot but I would have thought it was obvious that I changed it because you found out. I always have to stay one step ahead.

I think there's a difference between 'liking' something because it's lame and thinking something is funny as hell because it's lame. This definitely falls into the second category for me, I think it's the internet equivalent of Funniest Home videos or a blooper reel or something, which doesn't actually make me feel too good about myself when I put it like that.
For the record Napoleon Dynamite was awesome, just because all the characters were lame doesn't mean it was a lame movie.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: By request
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 12:27:18 pm »

Half of the fun is reading the stories behind the songs.  Like the Bob Vido one is superb.

But you're quite welcome, it was a fun trip going through all of those the first time I did.  :)

Oh man. The Space Lady. BASICALLY LIKE TREASURE.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: By request
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 12:44:25 pm »

I continue to be amazed that "Metal Tit" isn't a Photoshop. I mean, what?
Logged

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: By request
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 12:53:21 pm »

I continue to be amazed that "Metal Tit" isn't a Photoshop. I mean, what?

And seeing as every Kickass Metal Band must have an umlaut in the name, might as well put it BETWEEN THE LETTERS H AND K. I'll see your "what" and raise a "the hell?!"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up