Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!  (Read 13547 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02272006

This strip is so fulfilling.  The first panel, where the entire house is huddled around the computer waiting for Barry's blog to update is pretty much exactly what most of this messageboard is doing at 3 in the morning on weeknights.  And goddamn Mr. Bear is about to play "Eye of the Tiger" on the trumpet with his cock.

Welcome back, Vlad!
Logged

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 09:01:50 am »

I do believe Mr. Bear put the trumpet away to avoid any cock-playing activities.

Vlad have your recipe for two buns in a pickle is Solid Gold.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 09:04:48 am »

And the n00b race to get FIRST POST!!?!?!?!? recommences.

Not on the sofa, fellas.

At least you BOTH got the subject line correct.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 09:09:10 am »

I would like the last two panels more if they were switched, I think
Logged

Immortal

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 09:10:43 am »

And the n00b race to get FIRST POST!!?!?!?!? recommences.

hey, even n00bs have to start somewhere right?

there really only was one choice for the subject line, it was a can't-miss day.

i'm hoping tomorrow's strip starts with "...and back at the acres..."

i like philippe's reactions in panels 1 and 2. he looks very five.
Logged

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 09:19:43 am »

I would like the last two panels more if they were switched, I think

In my excitement, I read it that way originally, but was confused when I could not discern the outline of a hard-on pressing against Cornelius' bathrobe.  Now that I've calmed down, I'm glad that I was spared such a vulgar display.  Mr. Bear and I have an understanding that he is civil, and wears loose, non-revealing undergarments.
Logged

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 09:24:44 am »

I actually read it in the reverse order, too

When I re-read it, I was kind of disappointed
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 11:59:35 am »

My first thought was that he was going to use it to play Taps when Lyle or Lie Bot killed the other. The cockplay didn't even factor into it, because Cornelius is not that kind of bear.

So worried is Mr. Bear that he's putting his cherished trumpet into the drawer with a lock on it. Just in case Lyle is still sober enough to open stuff.
Logged

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 12:14:38 pm »

God haha, the first part is totally a jab at us fans.

Seriously, Onstad has got to at least be looking at all these message boards, cuz he put in VLAD! God we haven't seen him in over a year have we?

Haha...Mr. Bear's silence rules.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 12:15:50 pm »

this makes me get maximum chuckles.

I am sorry. did I mangle that? is that not how it goes?

the stuffed bear does not want Lyle to play his trumpet with his c*ck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 12:19:32 pm »

daaaaaamn but it's so good to see Vlad again.  i've been on a serious ro-bot jones for about the past year, since the end of the ray's uncle arc.

after Lyle played Eye of the Tiger, I think he'd play the theme song from the Karate Kid, but maybe that's just me
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 12:27:02 pm »

You can't really see it, but there is a look of worry in Mr. Bears eye that maybe playing a trumpet with his cock isn't a new idea for Lyle.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 12:42:01 pm »

Thank you both for posting the exact right subject for this thread. I'm proud of you.

At first I was nonplussed by those last two panels ("wait, is Mr. Bear going to play a trumpet with his cock?!"), but the "locking it away from the roving hands and/or cock of Lyle" interpretation makes vastly more sense.

Furthermore, cock cock cock.
Logged

trouserbat

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 25
  • No trilobite, no cry.
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 12:45:25 pm »

The first two panels even look like the TOUAMB logo!
Logged
Forget what you know about craveless nori!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 12:49:49 pm »

Heh.. two buns in a pickle is a recipe I do not need.  I wonder what Vlad's deal with buns and biscuits as colloquialisms is anyway?

Anyway yes, everything everyone already said; and then some.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up