Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!  (Read 13560 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 01:01:42 pm »

GOOT/ the typo that became dialogue that was reused for dialogue.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 01:11:38 pm »

I just remembered why Achewood's ro-bots are so fulfilling: they look like the tin-can and krazy glue formulations of a seven year old, only they're alive and "kickink your ass, sister!"

I bet Vlad's none too stable on his feet, but he is made of metal, so if Lyle just starts swinging instead of pushing him down, Lyle could probably hurt himself.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

Dr. Sodomy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • It's a Ph.D.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bepatient56
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 01:24:15 pm »



after Lyle played Eye of the Tiger, I think he'd play the theme song from the Karate Kid, but maybe that's just me

or perhaps "Takin' Care of Business."
Logged
"You holdin'?"
"Shit. Everything but coke, heroin, and your cock."

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 01:46:35 pm »

Yet another person reporting in who thought that Mr. Bear was about to play his trumpet with his appendage.  I thought he was opening the drawer for a special attachment.  Then I read it correctly and thought I was the only weirdo in the world who misinterpreted the joke.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 02:22:41 pm »

I just realized that Philippe goes to hide behind the chair but still look at the screen. Like he can't bear to look in case Ray got hurt but he also has to see what happened.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 02:24:06 pm »

Yet another person reporting in who thought that Mr. Bear was about to play his trumpet with his appendage.  I thought he was opening the drawer for a special attachment.  Then I read it correctly and thought I was the only weirdo in the world who misinterpreted the joke.

I interpreted it that way as well. But then I got it. EYE OF THE TIGER -- hahahahahhaha. So now I finally "get it."
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 02:33:40 pm »

EYE OF THE TIGER -- hahahahahhaha.

If it weren't for Bobby, I'd probably never have "gotten it."

Education
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 03:24:39 pm »

The first two panels indeed look like TOUAMB's logo - I had not noticed it.

The best thing for me in this arc is the unnatural urge to kick ass that takes hold of whomever starts talking about the GOF. Also, Lyle should get a chance to explain properly to Philippe what's so great about fighting. Just both of them alone in a room.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 03:38:00 pm »

The best thing for me in this arc is the unnatural urge to kick ass that takes hold of whomever starts talking about the GOF.

Well, don't you feel like kicking ass for having discussed it? I know I do.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 05:12:28 pm »

You can't really see it, but there is a look of worry in Mr. Bears eye that maybe playing a trumpet with his cock isn't a new idea for Lyle.

Oh God.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2006, 05:18:07 pm »

Second reference to Arsenal. He will be a major player.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 05:54:15 pm »

Second reference to Arsenal. He will be a major player.

The entire team?

I relate with this strip.  The last time I was drunk and figured it a good idea to fight, I ended up with a rugburn covering half my upper arm which still hasn't healed to this day (about a year).
Logged
ACHIEVE

spex

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 06:24:10 pm »

I like that, in the first frame, Vlad is thinking, "Is SO good." Like, even in his head, he speaks broken English, not his native Whereverthehellhesfromese.

EDIT: frame /= strip
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 08:29:27 pm »

I like that, in the first frame, Vlad is thinking, "Is SO good." Like, even in his head, he speaks broken English, not his native Whereverthehellhesfromese.

I completely missed Vlad on my first viewing, and I was wondering why Teodor was thinking like Vlad. 
Logged

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 08:38:23 pm »

I like that, in the first frame, Vlad is thinking, "Is SO good." Like, even in his head, he speaks broken English, not his native Whereverthehellhesfromese.

EDIT: frame /= strip

As an American formerly from a Soviet Socialist Republic, it is my duty to inform you that Onstad totally nails the accent and broken speech of Vlad.  He sounds just like all of my damn relatives.  Seriously, that is my favorite part of this strip, and all others with Vlad in them.  No other writer comes close.
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up