Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!  (Read 13588 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mr. Chord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • Cheshire smirk
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2006, 06:28:52 am »

Yes, those last three panels were the essence of Achewood. At least to me - and I'm fallible.

I enjoyed seeing Lyle and Vlad buddying around (if their interaction counts as that).  They seem like drinking buddies.
Logged
---

I had to get out of there. I took the stairs.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2006, 06:40:12 am »

Overall, the thing that made the strip for me was that during the GOF arc there's been all this speculation, what's gonna happen, what is the meaning of this that & the other, and so on. So I stared at the last three panels, all "what am I supposed to see here?", and it was kind of a relief when it dawned on me that It's just a dick joke. (albeit a beautifully rendered dick joke)

A very welcome change of pace. Now let's start crackin' heads, dammit!  ;)

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2006, 07:22:04 am »

I just glanced at the comic again, with the thought "just a dick joke" in my head, and noticed how lyle's exclamation is right in the very center of the comic.  It's also the kind of panel that could stand alone on its own, and it would still amuse the crap out of me.

Oh.  And where are my ##### ******?

Hmm.

edit:  Just what I thought.
Logged
~

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2006, 08:12:31 am »

I read the last three panels in the correct order and loved every bit of them. Most of all because of the incredibly contrast between the noisy first half (2 thirds?) of the comic and the total silence in the final panels. All Cornelius calmly walking back to his room, carpet muffling his footfalls, the well oiled ball bearings in the drawer barely making a sound, a near silent click as the lock turns back.
It's not just that he's trying to be quiet about it, it's just that he is Cornelius: the very calm, detached nursing home of the achewood suburb, the lightly dusty, single occupant manor next to the frathouse, he doesn't *do* rowdy crowding around the computer and boner-sporting-drunken-#####-fighting. So yeah, me likey contrast.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2006, 08:33:50 am »

Great Outdoor Fight coverage returns Wednesday!

BOO TO THAT

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2006, 08:36:07 am »

Great Outdoor Fight coverage returns Wednesday!

BOO TO THAT

word  :|
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2006, 12:32:00 pm »

ben-san--
I have a friend like that. except its for Scotland (don't ask how you can buy scotland-related things... I dont know.). She constantly talks about her "scottish heritage", runs down irish people, etc.

I am a bad person, because I constantly make anti-scottish or pro-irish comments around her. she gets wayyyy too upset. it's funny,but also a bit upsetting.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2006, 01:31:58 pm »

ben-san--
I have a friend like that. except its for Scotland (don't ask how you can buy scotland-related things... I dont know.). She constantly talks about her "scottish heritage", runs down irish people, etc.

When I worked at Busch Gardens (the European one, not the African one), I worked in a shop in the Scotland section selling all sorts of Scotland-themed merchandise. I was the most knowledgable person in the shop on tartans and that sort of thing, mainly because I knew how to spell "tartan" and spent a lot of time organzing mugs with Scottish last names on them. We used to get chewed out by guests on the regular for not knowing more about the Scottish stuff we sold. We usually responded, "Dude, you are in a fuckin' THEME PARK. The kids behind this counter will be selling cameras and film in another 30 minutes." At least, that's what we said after they left. You don't want to rile up a Scot, and you REALLY don't want to rile up someone who's convinced himself he's a Scot.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2006, 01:50:55 pm »

My dad goes on kicks like that where he gets all excited about our heritage. Except nobody knows if it's Irish or Scottish and our name has become so mangled that we can't even really trace it back. We could be related to McKeown's or McGowans or Cowans or Cowns and so on. So basically my dad gets arbitrarily into whichever nationality is cool at the time depending on whether it's near St. Patrick's Day or he's just seen part of Braveheart.
Logged

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2006, 04:39:02 pm »

(don't ask how you can buy scotland-related things... I dont know.)
Welcome to All Things Scottish -- if it's not Scottish, it's crrrrraaaap!
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2006, 06:40:24 pm »

Great Outdoor Fight coverage returns Wednesday!

Technically, coverage of the fight didn't even occur monday either.

Maybe he's just trying to really build the suspense?  But we've still got two more days to go through, including the turkey and brandy or whatever that's about..
Logged
~

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2006, 11:21:38 pm »

A true cynic would say that Onstad is waiting for a really good speculative post on this board to forward the storyline.

But, I'm not that cynical so I'm just positing this as a sort of a joke.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2006, 11:28:05 pm »

Inspired by this I think it would be a good idea for first posters everyday to, along with the permalink and the proper date for the strip, also post the alt text.  Yeah, that's a good job for you 3 am obsessives.  Get to it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2006, 04:07:35 am »

Is Barry being sarcastic when he writes (The Tenmen - Gasp!)?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2006, 04:30:38 am »

Is Barry being sarcastic when he writes (The Tenmen - Gasp!)?

~Paul

I don't think so, but it sounds that way.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up