Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg  (Read 14336 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2006, 04:15:38 pm »

I'm pretty sure we covered the nickname thing before. A child's capacity for cruelty is boundless, and they will come up with nicknames, even if your child is a being of pure thought with no corporeal body.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2006, 05:59:17 pm »

I had two interesting, nerdy, smart, fun friends in HS, one named Elisabeth and one named Bethany. They went by Libit and Beth. I think maybe I'll figure out a way to put those together.

Elisabethany is a little long, though.

Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2006, 07:23:11 pm »

The only Hawaiian word that seemed like it would make a neato middle name for a girl is makana  which means "gift."

Elizabeth Makana Nehal. 

I thought about running with luakini "temple for human sacrifice," then thought better of it.

Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2006, 07:33:39 pm »

I had two interesting, nerdy, smart, fun friends in HS, one named Elisabeth and one named Bethany. They went by Libit and Beth. I think maybe I'll figure out a way to put those together.

Elisabethany is a little long, though.



Lany or Beth-Beth.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2006, 08:07:45 pm »

The only Hawaiian word that seemed like it would make a neato middle name for a girl is makana  which means "gift."

Elizabeth Makana Nehal. 

I thought about running with luakini "temple for human sacrifice," then thought better of it.


Living here, though, makes is a little harder since the #1 and #2 dog names are 'Koa' and 'Makana' and a ton of kids are named that too. For a middle name, though, I like it since one reason to give her such a middle name is to make sure someting of Hawaii stays with here forever.

Luakini would make a hella good name for a pit bull, though.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2006, 09:30:18 pm »

Living here, though, makes is a little harder since the #1 and #2 dog names are 'Koa' and 'Makana' and a ton of kids are named that too. For a middle name, though, I like it since one reason to give her such a middle name is to make sure someting of Hawaii stays with her forever.

Luakini would make a hella good name for a pit bull, though.

Hmmm.  Yeah, I can see her a few years down the line saying "You got my middle name from the dog?!?" 

Luakini would be a great name for a pit bull; I just don't think people should own pit bulls as pets in the first place.

note from AD: I think I hit modify instead of quote here (I quoted above) and then I must have saved it rather than closed the window -  and that's why it says 'edited'. I don't think I actually changed anything - certainly nothing needed changing. Bumblefuck mistake. Sorry.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 05:23:19 pm by AlohaDawg »
Logged

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2006, 03:07:19 am »

Hmmm.  Yeah, I can see her a few years down the line saying "You got my middle name from the dog?!?" 

Hey, it worked for Indiana Jones..
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2006, 01:03:39 am »

I'm Bumpin' this thread in anticipation of the newest young'un. Might tomorrow, will be Friday if not.

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2006, 01:07:24 am »

And of course post a picture of your wife's belly when it's at it's hugest.

Ahem...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2006, 01:10:25 am »

She'll get mad at me but I'll ask anyway.

Wouldn't you rather have boob pictures at their hugest? Naw, that'll make her mad too.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2006, 01:13:32 am »

You rock, Mel.

Did I mention that the Lord has provided me with yet another female child?

We need a name to go with Rebecca Delaney and Sarah Ka`iulani

Suggestions appreciated.

Also, Baby is due in July. Just to add to the excitement, my contract here ends in June and our lease is up July 1 (and the landlord is moving back in).

Excitement.



Also, excitement update:

1) I got renewed on my contract but I start with the US Postal Service Aug 7
2) We are one month in a new lease in a house with a real big yard by HI standards, bike/walk distance to the beach
3) Hannah Noelani Nehal


Pictures soon.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2006, 01:32:41 am »

Woah. I missed all this. Another!?
Congratulations dude!
And the house sounds awesome. Being close to the beach is the best, only being close to the beach in Hawaii has to be way better than on the coast of the North Sea!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2006, 01:33:46 am »

1. Hooray!
2. Hooray!
3. Hooray!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up