Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg  (Read 14309 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2006, 01:37:54 am »

1. Hooray!
2. Hooray!
3. Hooray!

You're just getting me back for... succincting (I claim that one) something you said the other day. Darn!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2006, 02:06:59 am »

HOORAY!  Congratulations to you AD and to Mrs. D and all the little D's.  (d's?)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2006, 03:37:19 am »

Also, excitement update:

1) I got renewed on my contract but I start with the US Postal Service Aug 7
2) We are one month in a new lease in a house with a real big yard by HI standards, bike/walk distance to the beach
3) Hannah Noelani Nehal


Pictures soon.

1) Cool!  What will you be doing with the Postal Service?
2) That sounds awesome - do you have a vegetable garden?
3)  Hannah is a beautiful name.  Good Choice, and goes well with the two other names too.  I'm sure she'll break your heart with the flutter of her eye lashes.

All the best at bringing the girl into the world!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2006, 04:20:49 am »

does "pictures soon" mean that Small Hannah is born?

If yes: Congratulations on having a Baby who, I'm sure, is Beautiful and Great.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2006, 04:36:30 am »

Congrabulations are in order!  Huzzah to you sir!  I look forward to the further adventures of this new addition!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2006, 05:07:08 am »

Congratulations!

Hannah sounds like "hana" which is Japanese for "flowers" which is pretty.  I don't know the origin of Hannah, but that name is in the title of one of Woody's best films, so I'm a fan.  I think it's Scottish?

So the next time you "go postal" here you'll literally be able to go postal?

What was the other thing?  I kinda got disoriented when there was mention of large boobs.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2006, 05:12:34 am »

Way to go forth and multiply AD.

Hannah is a good name, not a new fangled one like morgan or piper but not in the same class as elizabeth or bridgett either. Good call there.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2006, 06:23:01 am »

Congratulations!
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2006, 07:17:20 am »

Sorry to get you all excited! Pictures soon as in hours after she is born...which is also soon....but, thanks! Also, other thread, great to see pics of Lil' Asher going home!

Should be tomorrow or Friday morning, latest. Seriously.

Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2006, 10:50:01 am »

Well, in that case, congrats on everything except the birth, which I will offer you additional congratulations for in a matter of hours. Yeaaa for shit coming together!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2006, 10:57:55 pm »

Hannah Noelani is here! Born at 8:14 am HST, weighing in at a petite 5 lbs, 12 oz and 19" long. Blue eyes (so far) and daddy's dimpled chin!










Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2006, 11:13:03 pm »

Congratulations, 'Dawg. I myself do not know the joy of childbirth* but I can only imagine you feel on top of the world. I hope that you, the missus, the other sprogs and especially young Hannah are doing just fine.

*In my case, the 'joy of childbirth' will be watching my wife in agony while I slip off to the side and whisper in the doctor's ear "As for the name? Put it down as..."
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2006, 11:39:31 pm »

Yeaaaaaa! Congratulations! Glad everything went well. Need pictures of cute baby girl, please.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2006, 12:07:01 am »

Happy Happy!  Joy Joy!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2006, 03:50:35 am »

oh, judy, you will get such a smack if you do that.

my friend's dad did it. So he has gone through life as "Jamey" because his mum had not discusses the spelling of his first name with his father.
I am not really sure what more masculine way to spell Jamey there is, but, you know.


Dawg-- awesome! The name Hannah is a great one, one of my favorites. In fact, there is a bonus: I do not know anyone named Hannah, really, so I do not automatically associate your little one with someone I dislike! party all around!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up