Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg  (Read 14283 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2006, 10:34:32 am »

I use firefox too, but I've got the mac version, so maybe that makes a difference?

Big sistering's tough. Does she get to help out with the baby stuff this time? You'll have a built-in sitter before you know it!


Storytime: I was about 3 1/2 when my little sister was born. I don't really remember much about the process, except that mom was exceptionally prone to anger and/or tears and that sort-of scared me. Oh, and we had a really sweet scientific-looking book that had pictures of various stages of fetal development in it. But the night my mom went into the hospital, everybody was in the living room, and our next door neighbor (who was a nurse) came over. For some reason, they wanted a stethescope. I had one in my giraffeer price doctor kit that actually worked, but I was absolutely unwilling to give it up so they could use it to listen to this crazy thing that was parasitizing my mom and making her cry. I don't remember the resolution of that situation for sure, but I think they just gave up and went to the hospital.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2006, 04:35:51 pm »

Mite, it's wonderful how the adults in your world come off as frightening and insane in that story. 

Adult 1: Gee your mom might be in labour.  Let's not be sensible and go to the hospital, lets just call over one of the neighbors.

Mom:  Ohh!  The contractions!  Mini Mite, at this moment I have an intense disliking of you for no logical reason!  You are a bad child!

Mini Mite: Maybe you should just take mom to the hospital?

Nurse (entering):  Hello, I am your neighbor and also a nurse and I can tell you if your mom in in labour, but I need a stethescope.  Even though I am a nurse, I didn't bring the things I needed.  Does anyone have a stethescope?

Adult 2: Mini Mite has a giraffeer Price Stethescope that should do the trick.  Mini Mite, may we use your stethescope?

Mini Mite:  I really think it would be better to go to the hospital.

Mom: (weeping) Oh, Mini Mite, I'm sorry that I called you a bad child!  Mommy love you!  Mommy loves yoooou!

Nurse:  How unreasonable!  Why would we go to the hospital!  Now where's your toy stethescope?

Mini Mite: I'm going to go wait in the car, please feel free to join me when you come to your senses.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2006, 04:51:53 pm »

Man Side Show, I don't think we read the same story.  I read about a Mother who was angry and/or sad due to the hormones of pregnancy and it frightened the young daughter.  Her parents suspected that the Mother had gone into labor, but weren't sure so they called over a neighbor, a professional in the field, to ask for advice.  She didn't bring a stethescope because it was at the Hospital where she works.  When the 3 1/2 year old child was asked for her toy she acted petulant and possessive as many young children are prone to do.  The rest of the story is that they probably forced the stethescope from the child and then eventually went to the hospital because that's what they were going to do anyway.  The nurse was only there to tell them if it was too soon or not.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2006, 07:11:49 pm »

damn, Paul. Way to be pickles on the parade.

or the non-parade, as the case may be.


I was the proud and non-upset older sibling. I basically thought it was Awesome to have a smaller brother (mostly because my best friend had a baby sister and I was jealous.) My mom is still all sad that my brother and sister do not get on as well as my brother/sister and I do. It is because my parents managed to convince me that I could be a Big Boy and help them with the baby, while my brother realized that he was going to Lose Out with a new baby sister.

She's cuter than he is, anyway. Although that isn't stopping the girls from calling our house at all hours to get him. I am still proud of my baby brother-- even though now he is taller than me. The ladies love him so much that it is hilarious.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2006, 08:49:14 pm »

Ah, now I'm getting things to work. Awesome. Also, the baby is lovely, Dawg.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Third Times the Charm AlohaDawg
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2006, 02:06:50 pm »

Congrats, Dawg!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up