Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won  (Read 10279 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 02:23:46 pm »

To me, it looks like Ray didn't get too plastered. Although he knocked off most of the brandy, he was making complete sense, even there at the end. Not that he'd slur in his own mind or anything, but he has had plenty of the booze-fueled stupids in his time.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 02:26:32 pm »

Ray was drinking the brandy by the sporkful because he wanted to control and limit his intake.  As usual he wasn't able to control his baser urges.

The GOF is all about baser urges. I agree with theinevitable that Ray will, as always, be rewarded for being Ray--i.e., cold solid id.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 02:31:52 pm »

brandy-sporking included.

This just turned into the Frank Cho message board (NSFW) when I wasn't looking.

The first 5 panels are like a diagram of the stages of grief. They ought to use them for a brochure.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 03:33:59 pm »

To me, it looks like Ray didn't get too plastered. Although he knocked off most of the brandy, he was making complete sense, even there at the end. Not that he'd slur in his own mind or anything, but he has had plenty of the booze-fueled stupids in his time.

I don't know about that; the switch from addressing himself in the third person in panel eight to the first person in the rest of the strip does not fill me with confidence regarding his sanity.  I interpreted this switch as an alcohol-induced delusional state.  We can only hope this particular cheap brandy does not have any of the alarming effects attributed to Cisco.

(Note: I have mentioned this site before, but once you visit it, I think you will agree that it bears repeating.)

Have another spork of Christian Brothers.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 03:42:45 pm »

Do it for the children
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2006, 04:58:01 pm »

Either Ray forgot to take the NoDoz or someone removed it from the tent before it could be administered.  That makes me think Ray will indeed sleep though the important parts of the GOF.

At my next booze party, I'm going to replace all the shot glasses with sporks.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2006, 05:14:42 pm »

At my next booze party, I'm going to replace all the shot glasses with sporks.

I remember at a party in high school a guy arguing the merits of the 4-prong spork over the lowly 3-pronger. But I must say that when it comes to beverage comsumption I'm thinking fewer slots would be better.

I should probably mention this was a drama party and it was like 4am. But still.
Logged

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2006, 05:43:50 pm »

The band teacher was left-handed.  The gunshot wound wasn't self-inflicted.  He was assassinated.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 07:03:02 pm »

Hmmm... I suppose we all should have noticed that a feast of *turkey* and *brandy* is a sneaky move by the fight planners.  By this point, you're approaching 48 hours and fear & rage are probably all that're keeping you going.  Unless you're up on meth or something (my guess: roughly ~30-40% of the fight) sleep is a real danger.  Downing a whole glutton's Thanksgiving in one sitting isn't a great idea at that point...
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006, 07:35:35 pm »

Hmmm... I suppose we all should have noticed that a feast of *turkey* and *brandy* is a sneaky move by the fight planners.  By this point, you're approaching 48 hours and fear & rage are probably all that're keeping you going.  Unless you're up on meth or something (my guess: roughly ~30-40% of the fight) sleep is a real danger.  Downing a whole glutton's Thanksgiving in one sitting isn't a great idea at that point...

Hey, Rodney did it!  Or at least I think we can assume that Rodney did it.

The longer this goes on, the more I believe that Beef will be the winner.  He has done numerous, elaborate case studies on all of the other contestants, nailing down their weaknesses to one simple achilles heel (Someone mentions the pasta maker pro and your wife spreads!) and one defeating move-- and who besides the Cassandra "Roast Beef" Kazenzakis would know Ray's weaknesses better?  He'll have the old boy hollering "A BLOO BLOOO BLLOOOOOO!" before the fight is over.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 07:47:12 pm »

Hey, Rodney did it!  Or at least I think we can assume that Rodney did it.

The longer this goes on, the more I believe that Beef will be the winner.  He has done numerous, elaborate case studies on all of the other contestants, nailing down their weaknesses to one simple achilles heel (Someone mentions the pasta maker pro and your wife spreads!) and one defeating move-- and who besides the Cassandra "Roast Beef" Kazenzakis would know Ray's weaknesses better?  He'll have the old boy hollering "A BLOO BLOOO BLLOOOOOO!" before the fight is over.

Keef, two days in a row, how's it goin' hometown?

I'm still leaning towards Beef mainly for the very reasons you've stated, but he possesses weakness too.  My latest thinking has Ray fall on his sword giving Beef a hollow victory which would be worse for him than if he were defeated.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2006, 07:58:02 pm »

Keef, two days in a row, how's it goin' hometown?
I'm still leaning towards Beef mainly for the very reasons you've stated, but he possesses weakness too.  My latest thinking has Ray fall on his sword giving Beef a hollow victory which would be worse for him than if he were defeated.
~Paul

It's goin' all right, g-money; grad-school, workin', Austin.

See, I don't think that's true.  It keeps returning to the fact that when it comes to the fight, Roast Beef is a stone cold motherfucker.  He doesn't get all nostalgic over sporks of Christian Brothers and the notion that he might have to beat up his old buddy; he keeps so goddamn tight-lipped the brother doesn't even have thought balloons.  He wears the shades, he shows no facial expressions, and he straight-up mowed a dude down two days ago.  I know it ain't exactly ripping off the non-moneymaking part of a dude's mandible, but I think Beef's ready to bring the pain.

I just hope we don't get any more interjections from the homefront unless it's really worth it.  Teodor readin' some blogs don't exactly rile the blood.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2006, 08:03:12 pm »

I'm still leaning towards Beef mainly for the very reasons you've stated, but he possesses weakness too.

It's all well and good until they bring out the corpulent women.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2006, 08:09:01 pm »

It's all well and good until they bring out the corpulent women.

When you post something like that you should provide a link.  bigbottomswegotem.com or some such.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 3 March 2006 - In Christ Our Fight Is Won
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2006, 08:24:48 pm »

When you post something like that you should provide a link.  bigbottomswegotem.com or some such.

~Paul

Why supply a link when three-quarters of TOUAMB's users have their entire Bookmarks folder to browse?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up