Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Chair II  (Read 2004 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Chair II
« on: March 04, 2006, 02:52:17 am »

Some of you may remember this thread about a ragged, but loveable old chair that I purchased upon the advice of this board.  I left that chair behind in Houston.  As reported yesterday I rented a house.  Now I have need to furnish said house.  I stopped at the local thrift store and what do I see, but the spitting image of the other chair.  So I bought it.

If I were to attach some kind of paranormal meaning to this what would it be?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Chair II
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 03:43:54 am »

Dude, a callback. Nice work. Where's the kid in the Stryper t-shirt?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The Chair II
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 04:33:48 am »

You and that chair were meant to be, Paul. It has followed you into your new life, like lovers reunited in their next incarnations.

Love that chair well.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Chair II
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 04:57:28 am »

You and that chair were meant to be, Paul. It has followed you into your new life, like lovers reunited in their next incarnations.

Love that chair well.

But not in an icky way.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The Chair II
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 03:07:44 pm »

Or at least put down some plastic first. That fabric (velvet? something similar anyway) looks hard to clean.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: The Chair II
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 11:57:07 pm »

One of my college roommates had a chair like that for video gaming. I would sit in it on occasion. Based on my experience, I'm inclined to say you'll be very happy.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: The Chair II
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 01:35:04 am »

Shit dude, the chair abides.

That chair really ties the room together.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:41:11 am by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: The Chair II
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 08:43:26 pm »

, but the spitting image of the other chair. 

i vaguely remember the first chair-arc, but it wasn't until this most recent photo that i realized i have the exact same chair but with different upholstery.  (incidentally, spellcheck is a fuck*ng genius.  how did it know i meant upholstery from apolstry?)

or, i think i have that chair.  in storage.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: [1]   Go Up