Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.  (Read 7697 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

springbreeze

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2006, 03:28:10 pm »

I know there are a lot of people registering during GOF, and this is the strip that finally did it for me.  NO!  Beef!  I guess after this Ray's really gonna pull it off, but I'm seriously bummed.  I did not see that coming....and I was really hoping Beef was gonna win.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2006, 03:30:33 pm »

I think you're viewing this the wrong way. Think historically. Historically, Onstad likes to kill Roast Beef. What will happen is a strip or two of Ray rampaging through the enemy lines, kicking some ass (perhaps the alt text will say something pithy like "suggested accompaniement: Rammstein's Du Hast") and win the fight, yay whatever.

Then we cut to Beef in heaven where the real story is. Maybe Beef meets a new woman. Maybe it's a lead in to the story of Molly Sanders, which by all means is probably going to be interesting.

Maybe a pity strip or two to Ray to show how, as winner of the GOF, he gets a ceremonial box of dang nachos. Which somebody stole! Somebody ... stole... his dang ... nachoooooooooos!

The last thing that would make this a good strip or a good work of art is stretching it out over 20 strips. Even in written format, most people can't abide a twenty or thirty strip arc of fighting. People, this isn't Ache Ball Z.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2006, 03:33:32 pm »

And so we enter...

The Fugue Of Hissing Ray
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2006, 03:43:50 pm »

Maybe a pity strip or two to Ray to show how, as winner of the GOF, he gets a ceremonial box of dang nachos. Which somebody stole! Somebody ... stole... his dang ... nachoooooooooos!

Bobby, if anyone ever asks, I never said this; even though there is now going to be a public record of it, but you're a damned genius.

*throws you a nickel*

Here ya go kid, buy yourself a licorice whip.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2006, 03:46:49 pm »

licorice whip.

Frickin' ear worm! I'll be singing all day now you bastard.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2006, 03:55:52 pm »

Frickin' ear worm! I'll be singing all day now you bastard.

You're Welcome
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2006, 04:03:23 pm »

Ache Ball Z.  Now that's funny.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2006, 04:35:20 pm »

I guess I'm unique in thinking this wasn't a top class strip, but damn was I surprised there. Not much I can add that hasn't been said theory-wise, but it's a sure bet those cockney bastards are up to something.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2006, 07:49:46 pm »

Everyone keeps saying Beef is dead, and there's been an overall thought pattern in recent days that Ray has to kill everyone at the GOF.  I by no means believe the GOF is a battle to the death.  One must merely win a fight, which usually just means beating your foe into submission.  Yeah, getting killed may be a by-product of that, but it's by no means guaranteed.  Where's all this "Ray has to kill 2,998 dudes" vibe coming from?

Put me in with those who think this is set up by Beef.  He wants Ray to go off and kick some crowd ass.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2006, 07:52:32 pm »

Everyone keeps saying Beef is dead, and there's been an overall thought pattern in recent days that Ray has to kill everyone at the GOF.  I by no means believe the GOF is a battle to the death.  One must merely win a fight, which usually just means beating your foe into submission.  Yeah, getting killed may be a by-product of that, but it's by no means guaranteed.  Where's all this "Ray has to kill 2,998 dudes" vibe coming from?

Put me in with those who think this is set up by Beef.  He wants Ray to go off and kick some crowd ass.

Onstad likes to kill Beef. End of story.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2006, 07:53:00 pm »

Point taken.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2006, 09:25:58 pm »

Beef is faking. Obviously. I hope. It'd be really lame if we didn't see Beef actually getting out. He's hiding out so Ray will take out everyone else, and just when Ray thinks he's the winner, who shows up, but BEEF! Like in all those fighting games after you think you've beat the final boss, but NO, here comes some final demon asshole. Ray and Beef are gonna have to decide how much of a dogg they are to each other.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2006, 09:42:03 pm »

Considering the revolving-door afterlife in Achewood Beef would be better off dying rather than being beaten severely. After a beating he'd be in pain and need physical therapy and shit. If he dies he gets to skip all that and order in some tasty chinese food and read Nate Small then return in an intact body.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2006, 09:43:10 pm »

Considering the revolving-door afterlife in Achewood Beef would be better off dying rather than being beaten severely. After a beating he'd be in pain and need physical therapy and shit. If he dies he gets to skip all that and order in some tasty chinese food and read Nate Small then return in an intact body.

Maybe Onstad will remember that Beef is essentially bionic
Logged

mkilly

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • Glitter & Twang
Re: March 7, 2006- How bad did they do him. Talk to me.
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2006, 03:48:14 am »

I was a Safeway employee briefly, then they fired me, but it was a crappy job, so I'm glad to see Onstad call their product bad.
Logged
I never age at all, never die, unlike all the stars in the sky I'll be young forever and why?--'cause I'm a vampire.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up