Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent shows  (Read 22306 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2006, 08:59:34 pm »

OMG I lied

buiilt to spill just cancelled that part of their tour, and moved all the dates to much later in the year.

they'll be in St Louis in september. I'll be living there. All is solved.

Built to Spill is coming here? 


Hrm... tickets must be acquired.  This is necessity.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2006, 06:05:10 am »

It's just too bad I don't live there anymore.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2006, 03:01:04 am »

If you live in St. Louis, Riddle of Steel is a band that you should be viewing frequently. They are rad.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2006, 07:00:02 pm »

OK, so, this local band is going on their first US tour following their gigs at SXSW. They will be opening for The Fall. They are awesome, I've met them a couple of times, and the fellow who owns their label used to live next door to my girlfriend. they are awesome. I think my gf's dad is following them around for part of the tour.

anyways, this is the tour:

Tues. / May 2nd
Austin, TX
Stubb's Small Room
w/ The Fall

Wed. / May 3rd
Houstin, TX
Super Happy Fun Land

Thurs. / May 4th
Dallas, TX
Gypsy Tea Room
w/ The Fall

Fri. / May 5th
El Paso , TX
Magoffin Theatre
w/ The Fall

Sun. / May 7th
Phoenix, AZ
Brickhouse Theatre
w/ The Fall

Tues. / May 9th
San Diego, CA
House of Blues
w/ The Fall

Thurs. / May 11th
Pomona, CA
The Glass House
w/ The Fall

Sat. / May 13th
Los Angeles, CA
Knitting Factory
w/ The Fall

Sun. / May 14th
San Francisco, CA
The Independent
w/ The Fall

Tues. / May 16th
Portland, OR
True West
w/ The Fall

Thurs. / May 18th
Seattle, WA
El Corazon
w/ The Fall

Sat. / May 20th
Vancouver, BC
Richards @ Richards
w/ The Fall

Tues. / May 23rd
Boise, ID
TBA
w/ The Fall

Wed. / May 24th
Salt Lake City, UT
TBA
w/ The Fall

Fri. / May 26th
Boulder, CO
Boulder Theatre
w/ The Fall

Sat. / May 27th
Kansas, City, MO
Record Bar
w/ The Fall

Mon. / May 29th
Minneapolis, MN
Varsity Theatre
w/ The Fall

Tues. / May 30th
Chicago, IL
House of Blues
w/ The Fall

Thurs. / Jun. 1st
Ny, Ny
Knitting Factory
w/ The Fall

so. Try to go! I don't know if it will be hell of expensive because it's the Fall, or what, but... go for The Talk!

you can hear some of their stuff at... www.morisen.com . They have a video that's pretty good. also, http://www.the-talk.com/

please check them out!

also, the video eventually zooms in. I think they thought the sillhouette thing was cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2006, 07:12:14 pm »

I saw that Pink Mountaintops show last weekend.  On the album they're more sedate than Black Mountain, but they rocked out on stage.

Pic

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2006, 12:30:06 am »

Whoa.  The Fall is coming to Utah.

I too am really excited for Built to Spill.  Looks like they'll be hitting up Salt Lake, and I'll probably make one of the LA or SF shows.

I saw The New Pornographers a couple weeks ago.  I was really disappointed that Neko Case didn't tour with them, but very pleased with the setlist both nights I saw them (but, come to think of it, it was almost identical both nights).  They were opening for Belle & Sebastian the second night I saw them, and I was so tired (from previous night's activities) that I barely made it through The NP set, and left B & S a bit early.  But they really were great.  Their new material is wonderful live.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2006, 12:33:54 am »

Whoa.  The Fall is coming to Utah.

I noticed that, but where are they going to play?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2006, 12:38:57 am »

I just found it.  They'll be at the Depot, a new-ish venue downtown-ish.  It's $15 bucks, apparently, which seems good for that place.  They have some expensive shows there.  I think I might go, even though, for some reason, I'm not a huge fan.  It just seems like an opportunity not to be missed.

Dinosaur Jr is playing there on 16 April.  It's $20, and I want to go to that.  I'm kind of broke, though, and need to start thinking about Built to Spill travel plans.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2006, 01:11:25 am »

Whoa.  The Fall is coming to Utah.

What, sometime around September 21? 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2006, 01:22:04 am »

No, about five months early!

You know, I resisted that when I posted it originally.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2006, 01:59:44 am »

I'm a sucker for a lame joke.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2006, 02:20:42 am »

dang.

I found out that the dinosaur Jr concert is this thursday. not this friday.

in a town 3 hours away.

so I can't go. Dang.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2006, 07:10:08 am »

I live in Hoboken.  The Pietasters are playing at Maxwell's in Hoboken this Saturday, 10:00PM.  The World/Inferno Friendship Society is playing at my college on Saturday, 7:30PM.  If the earlier show is punctual, this is probably going to be a day so amazing I will probably die.
Logged
~

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2006, 03:07:45 pm »

<Bugs Bunny Voice>HOBOKEN??!!</bbv>
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2006, 03:12:27 pm »

Maxwell's coffee and Pie Tasting.  Is there going to be music at this shindig?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up