Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent shows  (Read 22183 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2006, 12:16:37 am »

We thought Nabu was working his butt off in some lonely cold place with no Internet access for all these months, and it turns out it's just that he's been too busy going to clubs.  Is that my heart I hear breaking or just the cats knocking something off the dresser again?

Oh you stop it, Wombles. You know I love you. I've just been worshipping you from afar. There's always a place for you to stay if you make it to PDX, though (if you don't want it to be afar).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2006, 02:31:22 am »

That Nabu, you always have to forgive him and take him back, what can you do?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2006, 05:26:12 am »

That Nabu, you always have to forgive him and take him back, what can you do?
What the hell's that quote?

"Home's the place where, you come back and they figure they have to take you in, you go through their dresser drawer, lift their wallet, burn the place down and blame it on the cat."

Well, it's some shit like that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2006, 05:36:49 pm »

Frank Black (great show), and I very nearly beat a guy who was smoking (in a non-smoking club) senseless. Also, resurrecting a long-dead thread? Love it.

I caught Frank Black here in PDX.  Oh man.  Man oh man.  Manmanman.  I miss the Catholics, but the guy is always awesome live.  This was my 7th time seeing him.   

Here's him playing an unreleased song while he was here.   A new favorite: Frank Black - The Water (Link goes to YouTube.)

Edit: On going to the next page - Oh whoa.  I guess you saw that same show.   
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2006, 10:50:46 pm »

I caught Frank Black here in PDX.  Oh man.  Man oh man.  Manmanman.  I miss the Catholics, but the guy is always awesome live.  This was my 7th time seeing him.   

Here's him playing an unreleased song while he was here.   A new favorite: Frank Black - The Water (Link goes to YouTube.)

Edit: On going to the next page - Oh whoa.  I guess you saw that same show.   
?

Why are we not getting loaded together and going to shows? Or, on the off-chance that you don't drink, why am I not getting loaded and having you drive me to shows?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2006, 06:59:09 pm »

I saw Joanna Newsom last night.  fuck*ng Awesome!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2006, 07:13:58 pm »

I saw Joanna Newsom last night.  fuck*ng Awesome!

You are taggin' like TURK 182, Paul.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2006, 07:22:30 pm »

?

Why are we not getting loaded together and going to shows? Or, on the off-chance that you don't drink, why am I not getting loaded and having you drive me to shows?

I've been working crazy hours since I moved to PDX in August, so I haven't been able to make it to many shows yet.  I caught the Who at the Rose Garden, and then FB at the Wonder Ballroom.  (Though I did see Michael Showalter and Michael Ian Black there night before last).

I'm starting to be able to live in Portland now, so we'll have to see what shows are coming up and have a TOUAMB West-Siiiiide meet.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2006, 08:09:24 pm »

shows I have seen since moving to St Louis:

-the awesome band with zombie-singer I mentioned in the thread about Nice Pete's band
-a pretty bad indie-pop band that played with them
-Guster (I vomited a little bit. it was for free, and I had never heard them.)
-Built to Spill-- Lovely.
-RJD2-- I felt like I was missing something. People enjoy him a lot, I think.
-I would have gone to the Midwest Noise Fest 2006, but it would have taken like 1.5 hours to get there-- the nearest metro stop was... not near. and my friend who is from st louis said it was in a questionable part of town.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2006, 08:13:18 pm »

-Built to Spill-- Lovely.

Yeah, they play here a lot. Of course, I'm always at work when they do, so that kind of pisses me off.

A buddy of mine who produces local bands had a chance to go to their recording sessions here (the brother of a friend of his is in the band). He's jaded though, so he was happier sitting on the couch and watching Family Guy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2006, 07:44:51 am »

Went to see the Pogues last night. So good, I actually cried, but that was probably caused by that fat Brummie pogo-ing on my broken toe. If you ever, ever get the chance, go see them, they're really fuckin' amazing. Shane can't talk anymore but he can still sing and shriek like some crazed ghoul of the night.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2006, 08:18:40 am »

oh, also, the Mountain Goats were pretty good, and free. So I guess that was a complete win.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2006, 01:29:28 pm »

I missed him last year, so I think I owe it to myself to see James Brown in Times Square at B.B.King's Club on New Years Eve.  Last year was 100 bucks standing room, and by the time I had it worked out, it was sold out.  B.B.King is such a rapist, 35 dollar entrees, 12 dollar martinis, heftier than all the famous jazz clubs in the city.
Logged
ACHIEVE

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2006, 04:49:47 pm »

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, thanks for being the only show I got kicked out of for having weed.  Seems a little incongruous.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2006, 09:28:48 pm »

ATTENTION INTERNET: I AM SEEING GUNS N ROSES TOMORROW NIGHT.

HOPEFULLY IT WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

Since moving to Los Angeles, I find my rate of concert going is down but the quality is up.

October, Roger Waters. November, Adrian Belew. December, Guns N Roses.

(We were going to go see Cursive but realized that though I like Cursive, I probably wouldn't like the sort of young rich semi-emo scenesters that would show up at a Los Angeles Cursive show. Roger Waters and Adrian Belew crowds were full of stoned fat men in their early fifties and Guns N Roses will be full of stoned fat men in their late thirties. I will be a drunken fat man in my late twenties. I'll pretty much be in my element.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up