Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.  (Read 15663 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« on: March 08, 2006, 09:29:02 am »

CRAK CRAK CRAK CRAK CRAK CRAK CRAK

I don't know whether to complain about the strip or use it as j/o material.
Logged
ACHIEVE

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 09:30:03 am »

I'm loving the cowboy hat suspended in midair in panel 3.
Logged

HonkyTonkHooker

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:32:30 am »

the expression on the middle dude panel 3 is beautiful :)
also...cowboy sauce.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 10:08:44 am »

So at this point is it just assumed that Ray can mop up the dregs or do we have a few more good fights coming up?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Immortal

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 10:48:30 am »

anybody else get the feeling that he's just wanting to wrap this thing up?

i like today's strip, don't get me wrong. it made me laugh when the cat with sunglasses came flying in unexpectedly to kick some dude's ass
Logged

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 11:59:02 am »

the man with the blood on his hands

That Onstad doesn't specify which contenders remain might be an indication that Beef is hanging around somewhere, watching...but I doubt it.  I'mma go dip my french fries in cowboy sauce, later y'all.
Logged

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 12:03:27 pm »

The sensation of speed with which Ray is CRAK CRAK CRAK'n is both undeniable and moving. Kind of Fist of the North Star.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 12:22:20 pm »

blegh.
this leaves me cold and uninterested.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 12:34:55 pm »

This is not what I was expecting either, but then I was expecting a Swedish massage with "Happy Ending"; so you know, I guess it's an internal problem for me.


But yeah, I wanted the GOF to go on, and now, just maybe, I'm just wanting to see the end and where that leads mostly.  Mostly.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Shazbut

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 12:35:40 pm »

I like this one a lot actually. I can accept Ray's violence now thanks to the Feb 24 strip, and now I find it hilarious. I think this strip shows good comic timing. Also, I like the torso of the guy 3rd from the left in the first panel.
Logged

pez

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 12:42:29 pm »

Looks like Ray can take James Hetfield given the right motivation.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 01:00:35 pm »

Um, I am disappointed.  There is no plot development, and how many pictures can you look at of talking cats beating each other up?  Or is that just a girl problem?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 01:55:15 pm »

I like this one a lot actually. I can accept Ray's violence now thanks to the Feb 24 strip, and now I find it hilarious. I think this strip shows good comic timing. Also, I like the torso of the guy 3rd from the left in the first panel.

At least now we know that Ray can just straight up whip somebody's ass Classic Style. It's not all elbow drops and face ripping, there's pummeling too.

And what did those guys expect walking around in such comical hats? Of course people are going to go around beating you up dressed like that.
Logged

trouserbat

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 25
  • No trilobite, no cry.
    • View Profile
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 02:15:26 pm »

I hate to complain, since the last two months straight have made me permamently like this comic, but todays just doesn't do it for me. If this is the start of one of those three-day Dutch fugues ("Gin: It Makes a Man Mean"), it's not particularly vivid. Nobody's mouth is foaming, you know? I was picturing the "Requiem for a Dream" pupil scene and everything. (That said, I like the expressions on Tiny, Beard, and Ribcage in panel three.)

Tomorrow! The final showdown!

Ray "Son of Rodney" Smuckles
                   vs.
Diabetes "The Big D" Mellitus

Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday!
Logged
Forget what you know about craveless nori!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 8, 2006 - Cowboy sauce.
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 02:16:56 pm »

I like the fact that "cowboy sauce" is carried into the narration from Ray's dialogue -- authentic! And I also like the visual of Ray flying through the air to tackle "fine cakes and city-wine" guy (cowboy, or Conan the Barbarian? the world may never know), complete with suspended cowboy hat.

My question is: who's left? Do we have a few lone wolves and Ray's posse? If so, are we going to be greeted tomorrow by nine panels of Ray making Barry Best eat his own intestines?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up