Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed  (Read 6476 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« on: September 08, 2003, 07:44:55 pm »

I dreamed that I was reading Achewood, and I saw this strip, which will have to be rendered in some kind of script form.  Also, I don't remember the exact wording of Lyle's lines, so those have been [bracketed].

-----------------------------------

--- PANEL ONE of THREE ---

Teodor and Lyle are hanging out.  It seems like Teodor is interviewing Lyle for us.

TEODOR: So Lyle, [something about Lyle's newly-acquired stolen gumball collection]?

--- PANEL TWO of THREE ---

TEODOR: Is there anything you'd like to say to whoever stole it in the first place?

LYLE: (faces the audience, flips the bird) Fuck you!

--- PANEL THREE of THREE ---

TEODOR: What are you going to do with it now?

LYLE: [something about chewing the gumballs and spitting them at passing cars]

-----------------------------------

I have zero explanation for this.  It just happened.  At least I remembered to write it down.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 08:29:57 pm »

Obligatory comment:

Better than Variety Hour, at least.

*apologies*
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 08:35:24 pm »

Wow, you wrote an Achewood fan script based on a DREAM you had.

You've just raised the bar on board dorkiness.  Way to go.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 08:56:07 pm »

No, you misunderstand.  I dreamed this strip in its entirety.  That is, whatever engine that runs while I'm asleep that creates my dreams also created this strip.  My conscious mind had absolutely nothing to do with it.  I, while dreaming, saw this strip, in the dream that I had.  While I was asleep.

Has everybody done this, or what?
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 09:12:31 pm »

Not that exactly, but the geekiest kind of dream I have is one where I remix a song in my sleep, adding or taking away instruments etc, and then wake up and wonder where I heard that rad acoustic version of X Sonic Youth Song.
Logged
goose means greedy

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 09:25:23 pm »

man, last night I had another lucid dream; that's 2 nights in a row.  I've been flying quite a bit.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 09:27:17 pm »

Precocious J:

I understood.  But you're still a dork. ;)

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2003, 10:28:13 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
You've just raised the bar on board dorkiness.  Way to go.


How's this for raising the bar?  

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 11:05:12 pm »

This made me laugh so hard.  The whiskey bottle!  Whiskey!
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 11:30:26 pm »

Re: jl dunston's reimagining of ferocious j's dream:

The eyebrows are what makes it. The JD bottle, too, but it's all about the eyebrows.

Good job.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2003, 11:55:14 pm »

Yes, I believe we can consider that particular bar officially raised.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2003, 01:14:32 am »

Quote from: "Paisley"
but it's all about the eyebrows.



Hey now, that's my line.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2003, 01:46:32 am »

Wow.  JL, that's awesome.

Was that an actual strip that you just changed the words to (it would be better if you used the font Onstad uses for his strips - Blue Highway - want me to e-mail it to you?) but that's just wonderful.

It's still not funny, but you did the best you could.

You uber-geek you.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2003, 01:50:18 am »

I was thinking, cool, now we can find out something once and for all:

If a guy comes to your door, Jough, and hands you an envelope and says something like "Joe Dempsey, you are hereby served" then we will note that the legend himself saw his copyright desecrated.

Not that Onstad would care, I don't think, but it is kind of a funny scenario to think about.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2003, 01:51:25 am »

I pulled together two different strips.  I didn't have time to find the proper font (I didn't know the name) but if you e-mail it to me I'll touch up the .jpg sometime.  There are a few sloppy things I need to touch up anyway -- lines that didn't get erased properly, etc.  

I think it's funny.  It's amazing how Ferocious mangaed to capture Onstad's unique style in his sleep.  It's a testament to...well...something.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up