Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend  (Read 15926 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 01:46:55 pm »

My prediction- Since we didn't see Cava go down (and he is the 2997th man standing after all), Cava and Ray take each other out and Beef is left as the Baddest Dude Alive.

 There is hope for us in the RBK camp. 
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 01:55:33 pm »

My prediction- Since we didn't see Cava go down (and he is the 2997th man standing after all), Cava and Ray take each other out and Beef is left as the Baddest Dude Alive.

 There is hope for us in the RBK camp. 

Assuming Beef can take out the English nerds, that is. They might have powers.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 02:18:28 pm »

I am shivering with antici... ... pation for the English Nerd Update. Knowing what happened to Leander wouldn't be half bad, either.

My favorite part of this strip, by far, is that Ray doesn't even wait for his verbal smackdown to have any effect before he kicks the dude. It's like he knows he has to deliver some kind of trash talk, but ultimately he just wants this guy's ass down so he and Beef can move onto firmly establishing the Son of Rodney legend.

(Or move onto Beef betraying him, or onto Barry pulling an undercat miracle victory, but, y'know, whatever.)
Logged

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 02:36:59 pm »

Assuming Beef can take out the English nerds, that is. They might have powers.

I don't think the english dudes are in the fight anymore. In panel 14 RB says "Allright looks like last dude standing is Rudy Cava"
I think a lot of guys got taken out during Ray's nap, and a lot more got taken out while Ray was warming his paws by the trashcan full of Beef.
I'm pretty sure these guys are the last 3.... unless...
Logged

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 02:38:15 pm »

"Trashcan full of Beef" is totally going to be the name of my smooth jazz album.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 02:52:19 pm »

I am in a hotel right now and this strip made it worth the 13 bucks for internet access.  Once Beef popped out, I'm thinkin', money well spent.

Anyway, Ray and Beef are going to fight, man, and overall, the fight will be beneficial for their friendship.  I mean, no matter how much you love Ray, there must be pent up agression towards him.  Especially if he is your best bud from old times.  My earlier prediction was reenactment of the fight scene from They Live.  Bring it on, man, or at least something equivalent.

Although there is no way Beef can lose in Beef v. Ray, Ray will win.
Logged
ACHIEVE

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 02:54:20 pm »

Man, how can no one have mentioned Beef's exclamation point? The extra space before it...it's like he's not quite comfortable with punctuation.

I dig on little details like that. Excellent.

Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 02:56:35 pm »

Oh, man. Okay, sorry about the double post. And actually, sorry about the spoiler, because I know I am Right. But his just came to me, and I have to post it.

What's Beef going to use to take down his oldest friend? The fact that he is Ray's oldest friend. It's going to be heartbreaking the same way Cartilage Head was disturbing.

Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006, 02:57:38 pm »

Man, how can no one have mentioned Beef's exclamation point? The extra space before it...it's like he's not quite comfortable with punctuation.

I dig on little details like that. Excellent.



I think it's more an absolute uniformity and levelness of speech. Previous example: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06302003
Logged

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 03:17:41 pm »

Yeah, Beef always does that, nothing new

What happened to the Latino Health Crisis
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2006, 03:19:33 pm »

Just like Ray's Hat of Menace, Beef still has his Goggles of Secret Motivations.

Goggles of Deception, is more like it. Beef is cold wearing those things to make it possible for him to lie to Ray. And I don't care how much of a badass Hissing SoRod is, Ray has weaknesses numbering in the dozens and Beef knows every one of them.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2006, 03:25:18 pm »

It should be obvious to all that Beef is going to be the winner.  Everything that has transpired up to this point, EVERYTHING, has been carefully orchestrated by Beef.  Beef's concession is just a continuation of this.  Remember that when Beef said what he said there was still the matter of Rudy Cava to deal with.  Beef is going to win the GOF.  Allow me to reveal how Beef is going to do it.  Right at the moment of truth Ray is going to be suddenly distracted by the appearance of his Mother.

Oh and I like how Ray's taunts are very reminiscent of his tauntings of Marmaduke and Cathy and etc..

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2006, 03:27:03 pm »

Goggles of Deception, is more like it. Beef is cold wearing those things to make it possible for him to lie to Ray. And I don't care how much of a badass Hissing SoRod is, Ray has weaknesses numbering in the dozens and Beef knows every one of them.

You beat me to the punch Emma, you are totally correct.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2006, 03:33:42 pm »

Nobody mentioned it and I just noticed it but I like the "JESUS H. CHRIST" in panel one
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2006, 03:59:54 pm »

I don't think the english dudes are in the fight anymore. In panel 14 RB says "Allright looks like last dude standing is Rudy Cava"
I think a lot of guys got taken out during Ray's nap, and a lot more got taken out while Ray was warming his paws by the trashcan full of Beef.
I'm pretty sure these guys are the last 3.... unless...

But the alt-text says we'll catch up with the English dudes later. I assume Beef meant "the last dude [who is not in our camp] standing is Rudy Cava."

Also: I just suddenly flashed back to one of the bonus strips where the punchline is Beef saying "half an ounce of Fuck You, Ray" or something to that effect. Underlying hostility is awesome.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up