Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Poll

Which is your favorite dynamic duo?

Weebl & Bob
Sifl & Olly
Ren & Stimpy
Pinky & The Brain
I.R. Baboon & I.M. Weasel
Abbott & Costello
Lenny & Squiggy
Martin & Lewis
Lennon & McCartney
Chris Farley & David Spade
Laurel & Hardy
Dolly Parton & Porter Wagner
You & Me
Jake & Elwood Blues
Ray & Roast Beef
dang man why you gotta waste my time with this crap
Tom & Jerry
Itchy & Scratchy
Sampson & Delilah
Elvis & Pricilla
Sam & Dave
Bevis & Butthead
Peyton & Marvin
Potsy & Ralph
Adam West & Burt Ward
Jay & Silent Bob
Caramon & Raistlin
Felix & Oscar
Kate & Allie
Rincewind & The Luggage
Lenny & Carl
The Old Man & The Sea
Jesus & Mary Chain
Becker & Fagan
Becks & Posh
Ted Crilly & Dougal MacGuire
Pete Doherty & Carl Barat
Nobby & Colon
Asterix & Obelix
Lenny & Squiggy
Bauchelain & Korbal Broach
Scratch & Sniff
Lois & Billy Ray
Assault & Battery
Sex & Violence
Worker & Parasite
Batman & Robin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?  (Read 13013 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« on: March 10, 2006, 10:19:22 am »

In honour of it being Friday, end of the working week, time for jubilation, I made a stupid poll.

I quite enjoy the oddball comedy provided by the choices herein. And I though it would be fun/interesting/boring/sad to see the general consensus on said pairs, as it were.

If there are names you don't recognize you really owe it to yourself to find out. IMHO.

Opinions, comments, threats, insults and tasty desserts are all welcome.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 12:48:49 pm »

Sifl and Olly!  Woo.  I really wish they'd just let the guys release that stuff to DVD, it was classic.


"Listen, I got hot...  legless.. dogs here... you guys don't know what you're missing!"
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 02:00:48 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 01:50:01 pm »

I don't actually know who the first two are.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 01:59:30 pm »

I don't actually know who the first two are.

You don't know Weebl and Bob?  You are about to go on a very interesting journey my friend.  Here you go.

Sifl and Olly can be found here, but not much of it.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 02:25:09 pm »

Oh mang I misspelled Sifl & Olly. For shame. Fixed now.

If you're making your first acquaintance with Weebl & Bob, I heartily recommend you start at the beginning. And make sure your sound system is operational.  Mmm.....PIE.

I think there was talk of a Sifl & Olly DVD at some point but I guess it never happened. Too bad.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 03:20:32 pm »

MTV still owns the rights to Sifl and Olly.  This has been a long time anger point for uh.. "sockheads".



What?  Me?  a fan?  No no, you must have me mistaken for someone else.

*silently hides my Paul Rogers doll*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 04:10:50 pm »

MTV still owns the rights to Sifl and Olly.  This has been a long time anger point for uh.. "sockheads".



What?  Me?  a fan?  No no, you must have me mistaken for someone else.

*silently hides my Paul Rogers doll*

Man, I seem to recall Sifl and Olly as being true entertainment.

Remember Chester? Ah, good old Chester.

"Yeah, crickets scare me."
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 04:33:37 pm »

Man, I seem to recall Sifl and Olly as being true entertainment.

Remember Chester? Ah, good old Chester.

"Yeah, crickets scare me."

"I seem to remember a 3-way street with your wife and the librarian girl, now THAT'S SPOON LOVIN'!"


(Paul Rogers is and will always be my favorite)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 06:01:00 pm »

No love for Ren & Stimpy in this thread?

No sir, I don't like it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 06:41:30 pm »

The two most "mainstream" of the duos are the two in first and second place, and yet neither are being discussed in the thread. Is this a classic example of the indie mindset?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 08:13:55 pm »

No, it's just that Sifl & Olly are better. 

There was a DVD of "Season Three," a few episodes that were made for mtv.com and apparently never aired.  It's just OK. 

Sifl & Olly rule and rule all.  Especially the Battle of the Bands featuring Sgt. Blind Kiwi Tarzan and YEAH!

Dynamic Duos left off this list: Page & Plant, Mick & Keith, Rorschach and Nite Owl.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 08:21:04 pm »

Tom & Jerry, motherfuckers!

Do any of these other duos have a drink named after them? I think not.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 08:56:28 pm »

The Sifl & Olly show was an awesome show.  I just wish I'd gotten to see more of it.

The fact that MTV won't release them to DVD is yet another entry in the God I hate MTV column, just above "Repeatedly and knowingly put a microphone near Jenny McCarthy" but far below "Can't play a video without some sort of interruption."

The only episode I managed to catch on tape involved a visit from the Planet Earth, which was later summed up thusly:

"Dude was a freak!  That hat was amazing, though."

It's a show that you can't get if you didn't see, and I'm wondering if it is possible to get it outside the context of the late '90s.

As for Tom & Jerry... much like Garfield, any life the franchise had was gone after the first year, but the creators kept the corpse dancing for about 20 more years.  Chuck fuck*ng Jones couldn't make it interesting.

...

Wow, that got dark.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 09:57:03 pm »

I have a rubber tree plant named Chester, after Chester from Sifl & Olly.

Nonetheless, I voted for Ren & Stimpy, because I had a much longer and more fanatical relationship with them.  For one year in college, our fraternity's weekly meetings were scheduled to end right before Ren & Stimpy.

Yes, I was in a fraternity.  If you don't like it, tough crap.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 11:26:47 pm »

This explains my ignorance. I can literally count the lifetime minutes of MTV I've watched on my hands*. I've missed a whole lot of shit this way, but I've also missed things like The State.


*Unless you count when they used to show Monty Python's Flying Circus back when I was like 8.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up