Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Poll

Which is your favorite dynamic duo?

Weebl & Bob
Sifl & Olly
Ren & Stimpy
Pinky & The Brain
I.R. Baboon & I.M. Weasel
Abbott & Costello
Lenny & Squiggy
Martin & Lewis
Lennon & McCartney
Chris Farley & David Spade
Laurel & Hardy
Dolly Parton & Porter Wagner
You & Me
Jake & Elwood Blues
Ray & Roast Beef
dang man why you gotta waste my time with this crap
Tom & Jerry
Itchy & Scratchy
Sampson & Delilah
Elvis & Pricilla
Sam & Dave
Bevis & Butthead
Peyton & Marvin
Potsy & Ralph
Adam West & Burt Ward
Jay & Silent Bob
Caramon & Raistlin
Felix & Oscar
Kate & Allie
Rincewind & The Luggage
Lenny & Carl
The Old Man & The Sea
Jesus & Mary Chain
Becker & Fagan
Becks & Posh
Ted Crilly & Dougal MacGuire
Pete Doherty & Carl Barat
Nobby & Colon
Asterix & Obelix
Lenny & Squiggy
Bauchelain & Korbal Broach
Scratch & Sniff
Lois & Billy Ray
Assault & Battery
Sex & Violence
Worker & Parasite
Batman & Robin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?  (Read 13000 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 12:55:50 am »

This explains my ignorance. I can literally count the lifetime minutes of MTV I've watched on my hands*. I've missed a whole lot of shit this way, but I've also missed things like The State.


*Unless you count when they used to show Monty Python's Flying Circus back when I was like 8.

This is why I sometimes check in I guess.. because back in my formative years The State was so good it made me tingle... down there.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 01:15:32 am »

This explains my ignorance. I can literally count the lifetime minutes of MTV I've watched on my hands*. I've missed a whole lot of shit this way, but I've also missed things like The State.


*Unless you count when they used to show Monty Python's Flying Circus back when I was like 8.

They showed Monty Python on MTV?   OK, I guess I have to say it:  I am so old I remember when they played music videos.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 02:03:42 am »

They showed Monty Python on MTV?   OK, I guess I have to say it:  I am so old I remember when they played music videos.

Monty Python was on roughly the same time fram as Remote Control, if that helps at all.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 02:14:52 am »

Monty Python was on roughly the same time fram as Remote Control, if that helps at all.

man I love rough time frams.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2006, 02:46:02 am »

Monty Python was on roughly the same time fram as Remote Control, if that helps at all.

Nope.  Seriously, I know it's hard to believe, but when I watched MTV, what they played was music videos.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2006, 03:09:45 am »

Nope.  Seriously, I know it's hard to believe, but when I watched MTV, what they played was music videos.

You mean, back in the golden age, when Beavis & Butt-head commented on various videos? Or are you saying there was actually a time when MTV showed just music videos? That seems rather unimaginable to me.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2006, 03:22:52 am »

You mean, back in the golden age, when Beavis & Butt-head commented on various videos? Or are you saying there was actually a time when MTV showed just music videos? That seems rather unimaginable to me.

It's true.  Although the videos were all of J.S. Bach all playing the piano with his feet and G.F. Handel wearing a bigass hourglass around his neck.

And it wasn't really on TV, there was a bird who would peck out the images on a slab of rock with his beak, then make wisecracks about how bad his job sucked.

Also, Monty Python was on PBS.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2006, 03:26:00 am »

I know it seems mad, but that's how I remember it.  And not trusting my doddering old brain, I checked Wikipedia, which states that MTV first went on the air in 1981, and Beavis and Butthead started in 1993.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2006, 06:47:12 am »

Yes, the halcyon days of MTV, when April Wine were in heavy rotation, and the VJs were breathless with excitement for the WORLD PREMIERE VIDEO of Loverboy's "Hot Girls In Love."   When they did not have a single "show" to air, and it was all strange European videos and the occasional Cheap Trick concert. 

Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2006, 07:05:43 am »

I do not see the Itchy & Scratchy option.  Let it be understood that it is for that dynamic duo I cast my vote.




We are doing a video coding project in my Psych class; my professor discovered that the only time MTV consistently plays music videos anymore is in the morning, beginning at 4 AM.  It seems to me that studying the media's portrayal of gender role stereotypes by coding music videos has outlived its usefulness and logical application.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2006, 10:52:50 am »

Where the hell are Withnail & I? They are the ultimate duo, with dynamism in buckets.

For shame, Tangle. (You pretty much covered everyone else though, top stuff)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2006, 04:10:00 pm »

It seems to me that studying the media's portrayal of gender role stereotypes by coding music videos has outlived its usefulness and logical application.

Now there's a Smith College thing to say!

Is the party at Comstock tonight?   Or Gillette?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 04:14:54 pm by Limmo »
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2006, 04:15:32 pm »

Where the hell are Withnail & I? They are the ultimate duo, with dynamism in buckets.

For shame, Tangle. (You pretty much covered everyone else though, top stuff)

Oh, stop being so goddamned British!
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2006, 04:45:00 pm »

Now there's a Smith College thing to say!

Is the party at Comstock tonight?   Or Gillette?

Party? At Smith?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2006, 05:06:09 pm »

Party? At Smith?

Oh, no more of that?  Pity.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up