Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 14, 2006: D...dad?  (Read 12592 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

R-Machine

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • Rrroooaaarrr!
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 01:45:15 am »

Topic spoils it, man. Besides, there is no better topic line in this strip than "With him there's no inbetween".
Logged
What deviltry is this?

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 01:48:40 am »

I debated briefly whether to use non-spoiler dialogue but I decided most people read the comic first and THEN the board... that's what I do, anyway. If someone thinks we need to change it then so be it.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 01:50:14 am »

"If it wasn't for you, rats would probably be eatin' my head in a dumpster somewhere!"






That is all.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 01:51:55 am »

You're all wrong.  The topic was "The hell listen to you two."



CLEARLY
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 02:03:03 am »

jeez.

ray will somehow make beef win.

everyone hates beef for winning when he supposedly didn't really earn it.

beef hates himself. winning is worse than winning, if you are beef.

he will bury his having-won in the backyard.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 02:05:42 am »

I usually prefer a dramatic topic, although I do agree this one gave things away due to the unusual time it was posted.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 02:08:53 am »

Holy shit.

I think I'm going to start all my sentences with "The hell."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2006, 02:10:18 am »

The title ruined it for me because I wasn't expecting a strip to be posted at 7pm or whatever.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 02:10:46 am »

I think I'm going to start all my sentences with "The hell."

The hell you say!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Flaaron

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 02:28:52 am »

You know, I always just sort of assumed that Ramses/Rodney was dead, especially given the reverent tone in which Mrs. S. discusses him. What's up with this?

Me too. He can't have been around during Ray's childhood, at least. I mean, Beef would've instantly recognized him as a GOF Champion in old times.

Also, I must say, HELL YES! I was starting to lose faith in a decent ending to this arc, but the spirit of Rodney will remind Ray and Beef what the fight is all about. They're gonna throw down!
Logged

a change in plans

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 02:34:33 am »

I could probably never get bored of strips that incorporate nicknames and phrases for ramses luther. My real hope is that these arent known catch phrases he has, but that Beef is simply so obsessed that he came up with them all on his own.

is it wrong that i really hope that this is some ruse set up by beef and liebot so that he can totally kick rays ass?

i also appreciate the fact that ray kept the christian brothers  bottle just in case.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 02:38:03 am »

"You can't really call yourself a cartoonist . . ." should have been the subject.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 03:41:19 am »

I'm kinda holding out hope for the twist ending-

Ray: D...dad?
Ramses: The hell I ain't your daddy boy.
Ray: ...............
Ramses: I got my chiles fileted five years 'fore I started getting rutty with your momma.
Ray & Beef: *gasp!*
Ramses: The hell you think I left you and the woman. You are the son of a whiskey truck driver.

Also, "If this were any more right you would be Liv Tyler"
How could this not have been the thread title.
You fix the hell.
Logged

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006, 03:47:01 am »

There are TWO identical hats and TWO identical pairs of sunglasses. Therefore, the hat's not magic, folks.
Logged

trouserbat

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 25
  • No trilobite, no cry.
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 03:55:46 am »

My first response to this was suspecting that Rodney was some kind of ghost. I'm not entirely sure that it isn't the case, but it seems kind of unlikely.

Also, I wonder how many other "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"-esque taglines about Stubbs Beef has in the ol' brain tape.

(While we're all coming up with thread titles that wouldn't have given it away, "Two old knuckleheads swilling Christian Brothers" would've worked, too.)
Logged
Forget what you know about craveless nori!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up