Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 14, 2006: D...dad?  (Read 12550 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

vagittarius

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2006, 03:39:15 pm »

At first I thought " here is the first time shine lines were drawn on the walls indicating possible translucency/transparency"

Then I looked back and you can clearly see the shine lines when they were all let into the GOF ( http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02142006 )

I HOPE MR ONSTAD DID NOT GO BACK AND DRAW THEM IN LIKE A CHEATER

but I don't think he would

still I wonder how far back this twist was planned if at all;
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 05:07:28 pm »

Wouldn't it make sense that the walls are transparent?  I mean, there's probably spectators outside, or else who is Envelope Martinez commenting for (or who *would* he be commenting for?).  If there are spectators, they probably wouldn't be able to see inside if it weren't for the clear walls.  Also, the crane operator might have a tough time.

Must be some tough plastic, though.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 05:55:09 pm »

It's a chain link fence.  I've thought that from the start.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2006, 06:11:36 pm »

It's a chain link fence.  I've thought that from the start.

~Paul

I have to go with plexiglas. Harder to climb, and all that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2006, 06:17:08 pm »

Also, the crane operator might have a tough time.

The entire crane idea is hilariously ridiculous to me.
Logged

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2006, 08:22:34 pm »

Eh, you people liked this? I dunno. A couple people said this arc feels like fan fiction, and I didn't really see it, but Ray's (probable) father showing up cinches it.

I'll accept that good writers can get themselves out of cliches with style, but I wonder how he's going to do it. I was crap on predicting where this was going, so I'm not even going to venture a guess how he does. It'd take a better writer than me, anyway, so I couldn't even think of anything plausible and interesting.
Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

HonkyTonkHooker

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2006, 11:46:43 pm »

he is purposely doing the cliche..look at the alt text
Logged

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2006, 12:00:50 am »

Onstad's alt_text basically sold this strip today. So true, so true ;D

Haha, and I loved Beef's little rhyme about Rodney. I had visions of WWF entrances and a little bit of Greek epics sprinkled in.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 12:04:08 am by Color_Me_Brad »
Logged

sammythemc

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2006, 01:05:25 am »

Awesome. Just awesome. I have the feeling it's going to end up being the fourth possibility Doc posted, with a win from Beef. I think the fact that he manipulated Ray into doing the work for him in taking down most people in the fight is as valid (if not as utterlly badass) a win as one where someone just kicks the hell out of everyone.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2006, 01:22:34 am »

I'm with Paul, it's totally chain-link, just from an angle you can't see through it as well.
Plus it's totally building up the tension.

Also 10 says RLS totally hangs with Nightlife Mingus. Or did back in the day.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2006, 01:42:23 am »

he is purposely doing the cliche..look at the alt text
Purposely or not, the fact is, he's there.

Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2006, 04:40:10 am »

Rodney has no space to care about who is whose knucklehead. He is Impatient.

Ramses/Rodney is a very cold dude. If you're his son, he's an asshole. Ray's mom was just all caught up ins; she's an older, classier Tina (who would have been all over dating a GOF ch.).

Ray and Rodney will have a Confrontation.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2006, 08:09:58 am »

I must say, it seems like the army tactic is generally favored (or so we've been lead to believe) so there's gotta be a canonical GOF way of dealing with the "well, nobody left but me and the loyal ones" moment.  This can't be the only time it's ever happened before.  Where's Beef with a bit of "well basically the way it's gone in this situation just about every time but in 88 and 96 was..." wisdom?
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2006, 12:53:47 pm »

Historically those who join an army are either so devoted they basically sacrfice themselves on the front lines fighting for the leader or they secretly think they can take him out on the third day (and are generally mistaken). Generally when someone who plots as intricately as Beef uses someone like Ray for their own ends the "leader's" eventualy downfall is planned from the beginning, never before has someone as selfless yet brilliant as Beef and someone as charismatic as Ray come together.
We are seeing history in the making people.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: March 14, 2006: D...dad?
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2006, 05:44:09 pm »

I want to know where Barry and feckless Rudie Ted have gone. They could be the proverbial Deus Ex Machina, beating up Roast Beef (properly), Ray eats them, and everything finishes off nicely, with no loose ends. Fandwasdic. Unless I missed something and they're hash is settled good already. Eh, not long until we find out I suppose.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up