Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: T-Rex for Hire  (Read 2887 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
T-Rex for Hire
« on: March 14, 2006, 05:07:21 am »

Did Quantz hire out T-Rex to the CEU Prehistoric Museum?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 07:48:19 am »

Don't be crazy, T-Rex is freelance, he goes where the money's at.

that said, the sign does immediately remind me of DDC without actually being in the same pose as any of the frames in DDC.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 04:46:22 pm »

that said, the sign does immediately remind me of DDC without actually being in the same pose as any of the frames in DDC.

Dude, he is totally stepping on that building behind the billboard, just like in the comic.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 04:57:51 pm »

Also notice how prominently the utahraptor is featured? Think that's an accident?

Wait, Al the Allosaurus? Damn that's lazy. I'd hate to see what these people name their children/plants/computers.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 05:09:27 pm »

Also notice how prominently the utahraptor is featured? Think that's an accident?

Wait, Al the Allosaurus? Damn that's lazy. I'd hate to see what these people name their children/plants/computers.


Nothing as clever as HAL, that's for sure.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 05:10:08 pm »

I'd hate to see what these people name their children/plants/computers.

Lame things like HAL I bet!



Edit: Damn you Hobot....  DAMN YOU.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 05:20:17 pm »

Lame things like HAL I bet!



Edit: Damn you Hobot....  DAMN YOU.

Now Zeus. There's a dinosaur name. It captures the power, the majesty, the beard, the incest. Everything people think of when they hear "allosaurus."
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 05:22:15 pm »

Lame things like HAL I bet!



Edit: Damn you Hobot....  DAMN YOU.



For the record, I was being serious.  "2001" is my favourite movie.



Yes, I know, it's been done, but most of the ones I've seen have sucked.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 05:24:19 pm »

Now Zeus. There's a dinosaur name. It captures the power, the majesty, the beard, the incest. Everything people think of when they hear "allosaurus."

Not to mention "Nathan Scott Phillips", which evokes majesty and presience!

(It's also alluring, dapper, charming, rakish, jovial, &c)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 05:26:24 pm »



For the record....

What do I do for the CD then?

Anyway, I was not questioning your taste, just that you got the jump on my joke by about a minute.  I was trying to remember the other bit E.R.I.N. I thought was mentioned but then I was unsure of myself.

Damn TV, you've ruined my ability to do... something...
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 05:35:09 pm »

What do I do for the CD then?

Anyway, I was not questioning your taste, just that you got the jump on my joke by about a minute.  I was trying to remember the other bit E.R.I.N. I thought was mentioned but then I was unsure of myself.

Damn TV, you've ruined my ability to do... something...

The "For the record..." comment was mostly intended for CortJstr, so that he did not think I was being sarcastic.  I meant every word of it.

NOW WE UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 05:49:45 pm »



For the record, I was being serious.  "2001" is my favourite movie.



Yes, I know, it's been done, but most of the ones I've seen have sucked.

Hobot, having you here really softens the blow of Andalucia leaving us.

Also, you've got 187 post, Wow!!!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 05:52:59 pm »

What do I do for the CD then?

Anyway, I was not questioning your taste, just that you got the jump on my joke by about a minute.  I was trying to remember the other bit E.R.I.N. I thought was mentioned but then I was unsure of myself.

Damn TV, you've ruined my ability to do... something...

Surely you meant E.V.A. although my hard drive is not actually an Electronic Video Agent nor is it a Jean Jacques Perrey song.

And I don't know about anybody else, but when I hear "Nathan Scott Phillips" I don't think of any of the words you listed, I think of Meatwad.

And don't worry Hobot, I totally get you. Also: "alot"
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 06:07:14 pm »


And I don't know about anybody else, but when I hear "Nathan Scott Phillips" I don't think of any of the words you listed, I think of Meatwad.

E.V.A.!  Damn my sudafed-dead brain!  I couldn't unclog the answer from the gunk vis a vis certain information ergo sum sic gloria.  (I didn't know gloria was sick!)


(IN RE: ALL ELSE: the garlic plants named Nathan Scott Phillips.  In homage to that meatman)

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: T-Rex for Hire
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 08:13:34 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up