Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.  (Read 14655 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 11:06:49 pm »

The site is back up.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2006, 11:07:41 pm »

Fleet Street? Thomas The Tank Engine? It's like my childhood all over again.

This strip just seemed to fit the arc nicely and all. Breakup of drama and everything, for a few gasps and giggles.

And Nuero, you lit my evening up incandescently. Thanks!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Immortal

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 11:08:50 pm »

new alt-text

"Something in Ted's past has made him need to stuff his trousers."
Logged

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2006, 11:10:20 pm »

Thanks for your patience during the blackout! The Great Outdoor Fight fought our server, and won.

I liked the old alt-text.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2006, 11:13:39 pm »

The moral of the alt text... Never tell your entire fanbase to hit your site at exactly the same time.  Also, Onstad has enough fans to crash a server.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2006, 11:20:44 pm »

The moral of the alt text... Never tell your entire fanbase to hit your site at exactly the same time.  Also, Onstad has enough fans to crash a server.

~Paul

This has all led me to think exactly how popular Achewood is. I always assumed it was one of those smaller webcomics that payed for itself through a hugely dedicated, awesome fanbase, but the crashing of the always-dependant server must take a lot of clickin', even if it was a sort of scheduled refresh-a-thon.

Then again, maybe a vast swarm of proverbial Remora giraffe have attached themselves to the GOF, and when it goes, so will they.

Not that being unpopular matters. Words I live by, everyday.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2006, 11:21:51 pm »

Most Online: 277 - Today at 05:47:58 PM

Broke the previous record by 160, more than double. I reckon most of those were just people desperately searching for the strip.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2006, 11:27:35 pm »

Questions:  Who are the three shadows in the control booth?  Where are the spectators?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2006, 11:35:48 pm »

Questions:  Who are the three shadows in the control booth?  Where are the spectators?

~Paul

I think it's fairly safe to say there are no spectators. Clues such as Roast Beef's 'without you I would never see the fight' and the fact everyone at Achewood Heights seems to find out everything by blogs seems to suggest no spectators allowed. Or maybe it's such an underground thing that nobody turns up? Mysterious.

As for the shadowy figures: Yossarian, Korn and Cathcart. (All right I guess that was lame). They could just be anonymous puppeteers for the mannequin fighters, but that doesn't seem like Achewood. There's gotta be a twist in there somewhere.




Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2006, 11:39:35 pm »

As for the shadowy figures: Yossarian, Korn and Cathcart. (All right I guess that was lame). They could just be anonymous puppeteers for the mannequin fighters, but that doesn't seem like Achewood. There's gotta be a twist in there somewhere.

I figured them to be announcers, but who are they?  Are they characters we will meet or have met already?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2006, 11:51:15 pm »

I gotta say... I liked Leander a whole lot more before he spoke.  That is all.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 12:50:31 am »

You guys think the crane just drops guys outside or sets them down or what?

We don't coddle losers 'round these parts.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

sammythemc

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2006, 01:02:41 am »

I think it's fairly safe to say there are no spectators. Clues such as Roast Beef's 'without you I would never see the fight' and the fact everyone at Achewood Heights seems to find out everything by blogs seems to suggest no spectators allowed. Or maybe it's such an underground thing that nobody turns up? Mysterious.

I doubt that no one would show up; it seems pretty popular among the characters we're familiar with.

As the proud owner of a Blackberry, I can tell you that "clik clik clik tap" is what writing a blog post on one would sound like.
Logged

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2006, 01:56:08 am »

Perhaps the controllers have some secret, sinister purpose they are fulfilling with the GOF and Pater Smuckles is here to reveal it to Beef and Ray and when they find out they've been used they'll rush up to the tower, taking out guards and henchmen untill they get to the top.

Or maybe it's all a dream.

Or maybe it will end with "Suddenly. everyone was run over by trucks".

Or I dunno. Any speculation here is going out on a limb.

At least we know where THE LATINO HEALTH CRISIS  is.

Sorry, something about that name demands more than a simple font and plain black. I should be able to push a button and make the image of a tapesty appear, a tapestry that depicts the LHC in all his glory and has his name spelled out in golden thread.

Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Simms

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: March 15, 2006: You've not had my life.
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2006, 01:57:27 am »

Honestly, the left most person in the control booth has an outline like Chucklebot's. Which would in a way make sense...what with the 3,000 men and all.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up