Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What the...? Why is www.achewood.com getting redirected?  (Read 2475 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zoey

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
What the...? Why is www.achewood.com getting redirected?
« on: March 15, 2006, 10:41:36 pm »

I tried to go check the achewood comic today and I got re-routed to...

web01-opus.opusnet.com???

Who are these people, and where is my achewood ;_;


Nslookup reveals not much.


Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    achewood.com
Address:  209.210.200.19
Aliases:  www.achewood.com

> 209.210.200.19
Server:  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx < my server blanked out.
Address:  10.153.1.40

Name:    web01-opus.opusnet.com
Address:  209.210.200.19

>
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What the...? Why is www.achewood.com getting redirected?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 10:45:06 pm »

Why is www.achewood.com getting redirected?

Because you crashed the site with your insipid refreshing.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What the...? Why is www.achewood.com getting redirected?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 10:48:40 pm »

But near the end of the thread is a link from someone who backed up todays comic to imageshack or some such.
C'mon.... don't you want to see it?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: What the...? Why is www.achewood.com getting redirected?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 10:48:52 pm »

http://img469.imageshack.us/my.php?image=comic6pe.gif

There's the strip, without having to go into the thread.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What the...? Why is www.achewood.com getting redirected?
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 10:52:30 pm »

Uhhh yeah thanks Mr. Troll.

-Zoey

Did I just get called a troll, by someone whose been a member for 5 minutes?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

trouserbat

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 25
  • No trilobite, no cry.
    • View Profile
Re: What the...? Why is www.achewood.com getting redirected?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 10:53:24 pm »

A tragedy, in three acts.

1. Onstad makes what is probably the most anticipated plot arc Achewood has had thus far.
2. Onstad tells everyone to hit his webserver repeatedly for the new comic at the same time, noon PST the new comic will be posted at noon PST.
3. 4,000,000,006 people wait at their computers, mice/keyboards at the ready.

The webserver got a bit overloaded. (Or maybe it was a bandwidth issue?) I imagine Opus is the webhost.
Logged
Forget what you know about craveless nori!

Zoey

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Thanks.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 10:54:47 pm »

Thanks. 

Btw who's the troll guy?

-Zoey

Edit:  Yup, call em like I see em.   

"You crashed the server... bla bla bla"

Sounds like a troll post to me, no useful info, starting static, fits the profile of a troll.  I'll close/delete the thread.  Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 10:57:55 pm by Zoey »
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: What the...? Why is www.achewood.com getting redirected?
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 11:32:33 pm »

Thanks. 

Btw who's the troll guy?

-Zoey

Edit:  Yup, call em like I see em.  

"You crashed the server... bla bla bla"

Sounds like a troll post to me, no useful info, starting static, fits the profile of a troll.  I'll close/delete the thread.  Thanks for the info.

Welcome. Feel free to continue walking around breaking stuff and shitting where you please.

I suggest you shut up until you figure who's who and what's what.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 01:02:25 am by AlohaDawg »
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What the...? Why is www.achewood.com getting redirected?
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 12:17:46 am »

Zoey, if you think Paul is a troll, click on... like, any thread in People and Places.

Anyway, I don't think this needs to stay open. Break stuff on your own damn time.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What the...? Why is www.achewood.com getting redirected?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 04:04:44 am »

Seriously Paul, how about trying to make a contribution to the community once in a while.  I mean dude, really.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up