Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 17, 2006 - Oh not the Jeeps no Ray we ain't goin' that route please  (Read 11527 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03172006

It's alright. Ray seemed a bit more accepting of his victory this time around.
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com

ah hahahahaha
Suddenly. everyone was run over by Jeeps!
Logged

talgkjertel

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile

I loved this strip, it really builds up the tension. Look at Beef shaking!
Can't wait till Monday.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records

 You've made your bed, now severely beat your friends in it! isn't the topic. How come.

 I can't see this ending very funny. I'm expecting a strip with no dialogue and bloody fists. The violence and creeping darkness of this arc is going to have some serious (though probably reversible, still sad) backlash for the main characters.
Logged
I am older now.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile

Or we end with the tower in flames...

Ray and Beef striding away from the 3 Acres, their faces set in grim expressions, faces streaked with soot..

Their former allies rush up to ask what happened but upon seeing the look in their eyes give them some space as they stride away to the motorcycle and drive off without a word...

And then next Monday, Teodor will have humorous exchange with Lyle over a current TV series, or Mr. Bear will find himself typing away at what he considers genre hackwork for income and the strip goes on.

Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

And so we come to a crossroads.  Of course, I think we all saw it coming (I didn't think that Beef would just lay down [I mean, he would, but that it wouldn't actually happen]), so now Ray might actually have to beat him.  On the other hand, I'm not sure if he can do it.  I could probably see Ray starting to beat him, Beef trying to defend, until after about 5 minutes they're all A BLOO BLOO BLOO and in come the Jeeps.

Or Ray calls the mayor and has the tower judges arrested.  I could see that too.

Anyway, since I'm probably not right on either count, I can't wait for Monday!
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile

I love how the jeeps bring some unspecified horror.  It's scarier because you can imagine that they're full of whatever is the most frightening thing to you.

My jeeps would be driven by Bob Saget and Carrot Top, and the passengers would be clowns that move and sound like the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

pez

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile

Panel 6 is all how'd-we-do awestruck attention. The penultimate panel is all naked fear. Beef emotes terror so well. He knows, he knows.
Logged

Cynicar

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile

Well, at this point, it seems clear that neither of them is willing to fight the other.  And that dialouge from Rodney?  Totally sets them up as a team.

So the conflict has moved from Beef vs Ray to Beef and Ray vs. The Man.

The Man with the Jeeps, signified by the Rodney/Ramses.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 10:38:36 am by Cynicar »
Logged
That's like comparin' a lunatic to a pissed man with goals.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

beef will destroy
he has never been handed anything in his life
but he is abou to dish it out.


or, as I seem to remember someone saying: "your mom is driving you to school in the minvan of pain"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile

As you may have noticed, I am beating you with your own goggles.

I am sorry about this Beef.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

The arc is getting old for me. I'd totally like to see the next strip with Ray and Beef both in Heaven, drinking some crispy Stellas, talking about how badass it was that they both killed each other simultaneous-like, and then Blister walks in with some hot women and a bong or something. Hilarity ensues.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com

Still room for a Beef victory.  I'm sure he knows the simple move that will take down Ray with one blow.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

Still room for a Beef victory.  I'm sure he knows the simple move that will take down Ray with one blow.

If no one would respect Ray for winning a fight with only three victories (thus necessitating Beef's ruse), then no one would respect Beef for winning with one victory. We TALKED about this.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe

Unlike most I'm not going to talk about what is coming up next, I'm sticking to the current strip. I thought it was pretty funny and that's always good for, you know, a comic. Mr. Smuckles provides the badassery (bad-ass-ery) and the funny! Plus I thought the Alt Text was hilarious. I may have LOL'd I'm not sure.

"Roast Beef do I need to hush him?"
"Hush Ray"
*Rays face at this point is priceless!*

And the Jeeps, one can only imagine. This is a run down of my brain thinking about the jeeps first that the jeeps may just merely run them down, or maybe there are blades sticking out on the jeeps and they just did a run by. A drive by with guns? Oh shit like a WW2 jeep all anti tank gun on top? But who drives it? Shit maybe THAT'S the scariest part. Who is driving? Oh my god BEAR IS DRIVING? How could this be (at this point I start think about Clerks and just leave the computer. I came back to finish the strip)"
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up