Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 17, 2006 - Oh not the Jeeps no Ray we ain't goin' that route please  (Read 11562 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

No no no.  You all have it wrong.  They are going to walk away and not fight.  No one is going to hit anyone.  I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile

"And the father and child reunion/
Is only a bloodbath away."

I imagine the Jeeps scenario involves chains and circling and whooping, maybe carried out by the people Ray beat down. I wonder, though, how Beef managed to forget about the Rules.

(Oh, and, called it.)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 01:31:32 pm by sensate »
Logged

Dr. Sodomy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • It's a Ph.D.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bepatient56

And the door is opened back up for a Beef victory. Beef is finally going to get his, I'm telling you.
Logged
"You holdin'?"
"Shit. Everything but coke, heroin, and your cock."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

In the first couple panels I thought that ol' dad was actually going to say that Beef should win since it was all his doing. He gets props for saying "small times"

And dammit Hobo, now all I can think of is "bear is driving, how can this be?"
Logged

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org

Basically Ray's chief weakness is his unwillingness to beat Beef bloody.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

Ray can't be so ruthless as to just go CRAK CRAK CRAK on Roast Beef for real, so Beef will have so say some real nasty shit to him to build up his rage. I'd start with "cauliflower ass".
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Ray can't be so ruthless as to just go CRAK CRAK CRAK on Roast Beef for real, so Beef will have so say some real nasty shit to him to build up his rage. I'd start with "cauliflower ass".

Hey Ray, did I tell you that I boned your mother while she was visiting? Six times. I was all bone bone bone bone!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest

C'mon, folks. You're totally ignoring Ray's plaintive voice in the first panel, demanding that his father recognize him. "From... from Sondra, you know!" could be the saddest thing were it not coming from, y'know, Ray Smuckles.

Whatever happens, happens. I'm pretty sure I've reached a place of Zen about this.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Listen folks, I love Messire Roasted of Beefs just as much as you.  I love him so much; but he is not going to win this thing.  Beef idolizes this whole GOF thing, to him it is what's right. "Oh not the Jeeps Ray" I suspect is less about actually being taken away in Jeeps, but more about ruining what the GOF stands for in his eyes.

Ray is going to beat the living shit out of Beef.

Me, I'm just waiting for Beef to die again so some good things can happen to him.  For a while.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

God damn it this is becoming Ache Ball Z.

Oh, an entire strip of expounding on the fact that Ray has to beat up on Beef!
Right after the strip before where Ray and Beef expounded on the fact that Ray had to beat up on Beef!
Right after the strip where Ray gets drunk and expounds on the fact that he has to beet up on Beef!

How about a strip or seven that consists entirely of shocked facial reactions and "His power level.. is OFF THE SCALE!" while we're at it?
Logged

Jeepers

  • Guest

 I think we're missing something in all the analyzing here. No one knows more about the fight than Roast Beef. Therefore, RB knew about the jeeps, and knew that the tower-men wouldn't accept a lay-down. He is still playing Ray.
 He knew the weakness of every man in that fight, he is approaching the whole thing in a scientific way. He knows that Ray's weakness is their friendship, and he will exploit this.
 No one studies the GOF since they were a kid, analyzes the fighting styles of every man in the fight, memorizes tactics, runs the  credit reports of the other fighters, all in order to come in second place. No sir.
 I stand firm on my prediction of a Roast Beef victory.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Does Ray's super-sayian mode include a golden thong?



I don't even know if I spelled sayian right, and I'm not looking it up for that joke either.  DragonBall Z makes me want to vomit out of every orifice.

EDIT: Just a note that I have the TV on in the background for noise and a dog trainer on the Today show just said something about Pee-mail. Deja VU!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 02:42:04 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

C'mon, folks. You're totally ignoring Ray's plaintive voice in the first panel, demanding that his father recognize him. "From... from Sondra, you know!" could be the saddest thing were it not coming from, y'know, Ray Smuckles.

I'm so involved in this "will Ray and Beef fight or not" that I almost forgot that "from Sondra" is the best part of the strip. That implies that Ray's mother is just one among a score of Rodney's wives, which in turn suggests that Ray may have even more than one half-sibling.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

Does Ray's super-sayian mode include a golden thong?!

Super Rayian Level 4! Golden spiked glowing thong! Spiky haired chochacho bracelet!
FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEXT 84 EPISODES OF ... ACHE BALL Z
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest

I'm so involved in this "will Ray and Beef fight or not" that I almost forgot that "from Sondra" is the best part of the strip. That implies that Ray's mother is just one among a score of Rodney's wives, which in turn suggests that Ray may have even more than one half-sibling.

Either that, or (an option which may be even sadder) Ray assumes his father is such an adulterous badass that he has to specify who his mother is, even though we have no real evidence that this is necessary. After all, Ramses Smuckles was a perfect gentleman, and even Rodney was enough of a romantic to propose to his lady on-air right after winning the GOF. Maybe it's different for cats, but this is not behavior I associate with having a string of hos.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up