Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 17, 2006 - Oh not the Jeeps no Ray we ain't goin' that route please  (Read 11560 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile

Is it going to be like that one episode of DBZ, the two foes are fighting, and one powers up and hits the other with an energy beam and a big cloud of smoke comes up, and all of the bystanders who've been watching from a distance are all "Wow!" and "Good job!" and "No one could survive a blast like that!" and then the smoke floats away and the guy who got hit is standing there, apparently unaffected and everyone goes "Huh?" and "Impossible!" and the guy smirks.

You know the episode I'm thinking of, just about every damn episode of that tragedy of series, EVER.

Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

"Impossible! That blast should have defeated you! Unless.. your power level is higher than mine!"

(Cut to a shot of a quivering face twisted into a gaping grimace of terror)

"That... that's impossible! It cannot be! "

Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

"Impossible! That blast should have defeated you! Unless.. your power level is higher than mine!"

(Cut to a shot of a quivering face twisted into a gaping grimace of terror)

"That... that's impossible! It cannot be! "



*8 panels of Rayian "charging up" while he makes grimacing faces.  Beef all on the ground with eyes quivering for the next 8 panels.  TUNE IN NEXT WEEK*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Panel 1: Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Panel 2: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Panel 3: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Panel 4: yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Panel 5: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Strip returns Tuesday!

Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

I love how the jeeps bring some unspecified horror.  It's scarier because you can imagine that they're full of whatever is the most frightening thing to you.

My jeeps would be driven by Bob Saget and Carrot Top, and the passengers would be clowns that move and sound like the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park.

Oh man Lister.  That is awesome.

My jeeps would be driven by that Philadelphia Cream Cheese Angel spokesperson and my grade 12 math teacher, and the passengers would be the disembodied voices of my former call-centre customers.  Also, Carrot Top would be there, and he would be giggling.  (Warning, the Carrot Top link is indeed the portal to hell)

(also, WTF? Has Carrot Top always be ripped? He could totally take me - Jeep or no Jeep)

Also, I agree with you Bobby.  It is feeling pretty drawn-out for me, and I saw the ending from a mile away.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

(Warning, the Carrot Top link is indeed the portal to hell)

I abandoned all hope after visiting that site.
But I can't say that the pictures of Carrot Top on the F-16 with Lieutenant-colonel Billy Butts didn't make me chuckle.

Edit: I don't know about Carrot Top, but Vegetable Brain might as well be on one of the jeeps.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 04:21:20 pm by Roger »
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
the best that two and a half minutes of editing will bring
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2006, 04:20:53 pm »

Panel 1: Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Panel 2: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Panel 3: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Panel 4: yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Panel 5: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Strip returns Tuesday!



MY POWER LEVEL IS OFF THE SCALE
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

The fact that I basically do not understand any of those Dragon Ball Z references makes me feel better about myself.  Thanks, TOUAMB, for improving my self-esteem!


I have nothing to add to the discussion of the strip, because I do not engage in the tawdry act of speculation.  However, "Hush Ray" was almost worth having this arc drawn out over another weekend.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile

I'm assuming everybody has read Buttlord GT. If not, it has now become required reading, thanks to Mr. Isosceles. My poor Aching Ballz indeed.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

I'm assuming everybody has read Buttlord GT. If not, it has now become required reading, thanks to Mr. Isosceles. My poor Aching Ballz indeed.

tl;dr
Logged

Cynicar

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: the best that two and a half minutes of editing will bring
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 08:16:47 pm »


MY POWER LEVEL IS OFF THE SCALE

That... is fuck*ng brill.

I would love to see Beef win this thing, but my gut is that they're gonna team up to take on the Fight itself. 

On my list of predictions though, Beef winning ranks way higher than Ray winning.  If Ray was really willing to beat on Beef in order to win, he would have already done it.  I could totally see Beef just getting resolve from this though.  I mean, Ramses talked to him!  Ramses told him to hush Ray!  And everyone was talkin' about how he was shivering?  Well, look at that last panel.  There is no shivers.  That is stone cold resolve. 

The only reason I see Beef not winning is that were he totally focused on winning, he would have already done it as well.  'Stad's a good storyteller man.  You don't delay and delay unless your ending is going to be completely different than what was expected going in.

Though I think the only way I will be disappointed is if Ray wins not-on-accident.
Logged
That's like comparin' a lunatic to a pissed man with goals.

brianwaka

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile

*Warning* n00b-with-a-theory post ...

My take on this is that Ray's dad appearing suddenly is not a coincidence. I think Beef anonymously placed a call to Ramses (or he's a fake, remember Ray's Uncle?), knowing full well the effect it would have on Ray. Hiding in the trash and planting the false story of his beatdown was too Machiavellian. Beef must have known that the only way he could win was to have Ray take out the field and then take him out by exploiting this weakness. When the next strip drops, it'll be Ray beating down Beef at first, Beef taking it until the image of seeing Beef bloody drives Ray to the brink, then Beef springing into action and taking him out with one blow. Or not. It's just my opinion.

Also, as far as Beef not being respected for only taking out one man, I think he would be more respected for the planning and strategy this required. Ramses certainly respects him.

I apologize in advance if this line of thinking was already explored.

B.

Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site

My prediction:

Ray and Beef never fight, one more week worth of buildup, then the strip is sold off to Japanese interests.

The Great Outdoor Fight never ends, and then we lie in the grave.  I will eat a taco tonight.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

*Warning* n00b-with-a-theory post ...

My take on this is that Ray's dad appearing suddenly is not a coincidence. I think Beef anonymously placed a call to Ramses (or he's a fake, remember Ray's Uncle?), knowing full well the effect it would have on Ray. Hiding in the trash and planting the false story of his beatdown was too Machiavellian. Beef must have known that the only way he could win was to have Ray take out the field and then take him out by exploiting this weakness. When the next strip drops, it'll be Ray beating down Beef at first, Beef taking it until the image of seeing Beef bloody drives Ray to the brink, then Beef springing into action and taking him out with one blow. Or not. It's just my opinion.

Also, as far as Beef not being respected for only taking out one man, I think he would be more respected for the planning and strategy this required. Ramses certainly respects him.

I apologize in advance if this line of thinking was already explored.

B.



What a nice young man.

What with being caught up with the whole drama of Ray's situation, it never crossed my mind that Ramses could indeed be Lie Bot. I doubt Onstad would do that as that is pretty much the Achewood equivalent of 'and it was all a dream', but it would make me laugh. And that is what Achewood is for.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

My prediction:

Ray and Beef never fight, one more week worth of buildup, then the strip is sold off to Japanese interests.

Dammit, now you're just baiting me.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up