Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie  (Read 15020 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« on: March 21, 2006, 08:54:14 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03212006

Ray holds the bottle of Christian Brothers behind his back until the Jeep is close enough. Awesome. I also like the wide shot of the acres with the crane visible in the background.

Unfortunatly, now they're out of whiskey...

edit: a friend pointed out that there's a cat skull on the front of the white Jeep. awesome


<-- post number 100
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:18:49 am by evan »
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
21 March 2006 -- How much Christian Brothers we got left in that bottle?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 08:55:12 am »

Hot damn.

Nice Jeeps, too.

EDIT: Merged and redundant link deleted!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 09:01:26 am »

Those are some great looking Jeeps.  Man, Onstad could get a second job* as an automotive illustrator.  Good stuff.


* Or rather, a first.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:17:28 am »

Those are some great looking Jeeps.  Man, Onstad could get a second job* as an automotive illustrator.  Good stuff.


* Or rather, a first.

His first job is to give a shit about what you say
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:19:50 am »

The Jough has got no mercy.
Logged
ACHIEVE

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 09:21:49 am »

The Jough has got no mercy.

I know his only weakness.  Unfortunately, I am under contractual obligation never to reveal it.

Sorry about that
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 10:04:35 am »

Holy crap, of what is that skull made? It is hell of flammable. Brandy alone won't sustain that kind of deathsplosion, especially after two knuckleheads been drinking it down.

Also, it could be my mistake (I am not very knowledgeable about cars) but something feels off about the Jeeps. Their styling seems a little too modern for the feel of the Great Outdoor Fight. I can't get the feeling that these are the same Jeeps that were splattered with the blood of the Schweitz triplets in 1962.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 10:07:50 am »

I think the Jeeps are new.  I somehow don't imagine that the GOF makes all that much money, but I think we now know where all of that profit goes.

oh and: HELLLLLLLLLL YESSSSSSSSSSS!

This is what insomnia is all about.  As much as I enjoyed Roast Beef's time in the sun, I think it has clearly become Ray's show now.  And really, that feels right.  C. Head was all about showing the weaknesses in Ray's character.  This time he's the man of the hour.

I wouldn't mind seeing this arc in 90s-style black & white, staple-bound, normal-size comicbook format.  Something to rot proudly in a milkcrate stacked in with The Disposable Assassin, Milk & Cheese, The Tick, THB, and that kind of stuff.  Stupid graphic novels.  Cool comics used to be cheap, dammit.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 10:14:59 am by colmore »
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

weareas1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 10:34:53 am »

Ray has gone all McGuyver on us.  He can use the cheap-ass brandy not only to get wasted, but to lay waste.  Awesome, Onstad.

Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 10:37:48 am »

Those may not be '62-era jeeps, but they certainly don't have to be new.  They look like they could happily be shot up by the A-Team or maybe drive through a storefront in Roadhouse.  I particularly enjoyed the detail of the VROOOOOO being interrupted by a shift.

From the thinking too deeply about it department, I was sure that Christian Brothers brandy would come in a plastic bottle, and thus would make a poor Molotov Cocktail.  The cat in the thong has proven otherwise.  What is he using for a fuse, anyway?

Side note: I totally have the A-Team theme stuck in my head now.  It's also 2:30 AM and I fly to a conference tomorrow, but I finished packing and properly loading my mp3 player with my latest CDs.  I got Priorities.

Great Outdoor Fight spectating resumes Saturday!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 10:55:34 am »

thinking...

Three jeeps in this comic, but if we read the previous day's strip literally (that is, nobody is leaving their minivan keys next to The Jeeps') then we should expect two more.

Man this is just too rad.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 11:03:26 am »

Side note: I totally have the A-Team theme stuck in my head now. 

Ahhh... The A-Team.  Sometimes I wish that I had been born earlier in the twentieth century so that I might have had the chance to grow up watching episodes about a crack commando unit sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit.

Then I remember that by virtue of being born in 1987 I was spared the horror of truly witnessing the eighties and early ninteties.  Not even Mr T destroying fools on a weekly basis would be worth that....
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 11:47:38 am »

1987?
The fuck?
So what, you're like 13 or something?

Also, i'm constantly amazed by Onstad's ability to do action. These little bursts of violence are fantastic!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 12:04:05 pm »

Dammit... AW was right!

I hate it when that happens.


In all fairness those are some pretty "Boss" Jeeps.  I'm a little concerned that some shoddy liquor took one out so easily.  Maybe it was covered in gasoline already?  I DO NOT KNOW.  I am sorry about this.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 12:05:05 pm »

born in 1987

Wow.  I feel old reading that, and I was only born in '84.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up