Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively  (Read 8022 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 04:29:30 pm »

still called it

Yeah, still I guess you're not reading the arc, because you didn't call it at all.  Ray and Beef aren't sharing victory in the Fight - they're taking down the Fight.  There will be no winner because there will be no one left to proclaim a winner.  Ray and Beef will deny themselves victory by eliminating the competition in its entirety, already in progress.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 04:40:22 pm »

I am loving the drawings of the Jeeps. I've always liked how the painstakingly detailed, vectorised drawings of cars in Achewood completely clash with the characters. It's excellent.

The GOF would translate perfectly to cinema. Reading it is like watching a pretty fun action movie in snippets.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pacotelic

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 04:52:43 pm »

Ray is going to have to fight and possibly kill his dad
Logged

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 04:56:37 pm »

You KNOW an arc is good when I actually look forward to going to work in the morning because I can't wait to see what happens next.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 05:27:29 pm »

Ray is All Business. But now that Beef has snapped out of it, I smell victory close at hand.

Also, the plushie theory seems more true than ever. I guess the driver simply panicked at the flame burst, and shoved the accelerator? Don't know how else he could've wheelied like that. Maybe the oxygen rushing by fueled the flames to get as big as they did.

Something is missing from this first post. SHAME.

Also: Steak Diane recipe

We got everything covered here.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 05:32:57 pm by AlohaDawg »
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 05:42:01 pm »

it took Beef getting behind the wheel of something to snap out of his "Afraid of Jeeps" paralysis. There's symbolism here, I'm sure of it.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 06:37:05 pm »

I know this is blasphemy, but I'm about ready for the GOF to be over.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 08:42:48 pm »

I think he'll need another week to wrap up the Ramifications and Circumstances, but yeah, it's about over now, I think.

WE RETURN FRIDAY

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 08:50:37 pm »

What would make the best background music for this stretch of the story, starting with the gates opening and the Jeeps roaring in.

I thinking either spaghetti western theme music, something heavy on the wailing trumpet and strumming of Spanish guitar, or guitar rock. And not any guitar rock...I'm thinking maybe Davie Allan.

Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 09:16:49 pm »

What would make the best background music for this stretch of the story, starting with the gates opening and the Jeeps roaring in.

I thinking either spaghetti western theme music, something heavy on the wailing trumpet and strumming of Spanish guitar, or guitar rock. And not any guitar rock...I'm thinking maybe Davie Allan.



Oh hell no, this scene is totally set to heavy metal.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 09:29:47 pm »

Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 09:31:23 pm »

Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner.


"I love the smell of Christian Brothers in the morning!"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2006, 09:33:59 pm »

"Smells like victory!"

The copy-pasting of the CRAKCRAKCRAKCRAK panel is classic, and Q makes a good point about the overall eloquence of the sound effects this arc. I mean, Onstad's still no Don Martin, but who is these days?
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 09:35:01 pm »

What would make the best background music for this stretch of the story, starting with the gates opening and the Jeeps roaring in.

I thinking either spaghetti western theme music, something heavy on the wailing trumpet and strumming of Spanish guitar, or guitar rock. And not any guitar rock...I'm thinking maybe Davie Allan.



Maybe it's due to my first impression of Ted Cobb as Sex Machine of "From Dusk Till Dawn", but I keep listening to Tito and Tarantula all the way. Psychomariachibillyboogie or whatever you wanna call it.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2006, 11:23:09 pm »

I'm hearing the chorus of "O Fortuna" from Orffs Carmina Burana here.

You all have heard it but I can't describe it and hardly anyone knows it by name.  But it's awesome.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up