Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively  (Read 8033 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2006, 12:30:56 am »

I know that music. It goes like this:

SAW SOME WOOKIES

GREAT BIG WOOKIES

THEY CAME TO CRUSH DARTH VAAAADER

(why the hell am i already registered on here and why is my nickname "fooker" i distinctly remember not signing up and always preferring to be "tostitos" what the HELL people)
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2006, 01:17:29 am »

I'm hearing the chorus of "O Fortuna" from Orffs Carmina Burana here.

You all have heard it but I can't describe it and hardly anyone knows it by name.  But it's awesome.

He means the part of this song that starts about 3/4 in. Just FYI if you aren't familiar with this piece after the intro it gets really quiet, then unexpectedly gets all loud again.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2006, 02:51:24 am »

SAW SOME WOOKIES

GREAT BIG WOOKIES

THEY CAME TO CRUSH DARTH VAAAADER

That sir, is awesome. A tiny can for Fooker.

I think Metallica's Battery fits well.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 03:24:45 am »

That sir, is awesome. A tiny can for Fooker.

I think Metallica's Battery fits well.

awesome, but not original.


...just sayin is all.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2006, 03:46:21 am »

I may lose all my cans for saying this...

I woke up today and checked the comic, and decided right then that I am definitely ready for the GOF to end. I can read any number of semi-funny action based webcomics, but there is only one achewood. and I am ready for achewood to be funny again.


edit: i found a nice achewood shout-out in Girly today. nice.
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 04:35:33 am »

Quote
I woke up today and checked the comic, and decided right then that I am definitely ready for the GOF to end.

I can sort of agree, but more in the sense of "I really want to see how this ends right now".  What will happen?  Who will die?  Will things ever be the same???!!??  Tune in next month true believer!


Also: Hi!  I'm new to the forums.  Please be gentle.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

Mr Bad Example

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 06:52:29 am »

What would make the best background music for this stretch of the story, starting with the gates opening and the Jeeps roaring in.

I thinking either spaghetti western theme music, something heavy on the wailing trumpet and strumming of Spanish guitar, or guitar rock. And not any guitar rock...I'm thinking maybe Davie Allan.

Hi. Yet another newbie here, part of the RDA (Registered Due to Awesomeness) crowd.

This whole sequence puts me in the mind of the late Link Wray. "Rumble" would be the obvious choice, but I think "Jack the Ripper" fits even better.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 10:15:36 pm »

"Monkey Man" by the Stones. Lyrically it doesn't line up, but it's just so ugly - you know things will be going poorly for someone when you hear it. That or maybe "Gimme Shelter".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 10:35:01 pm »

I just read that strip four times over, and I've finally decided:

The Skids - Into The Valley

What do you mean you haven't heard of the Skids? The Skids are the best Scottish punk band ever. Though the honour of that accolade is fairly dubious.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2006, 12:51:11 am »

the correct soundtrack is one of those rocking type tracks off of Black Sabbath's eponymous album.

I cannot remember the names, and my iTunes is in a different state at this point.

I'm in South Carolina, at the beach in 50 degree weather, and my iPod only has the Flaming Lips on it. I am happy with that. "In a Priest Driven Ambulance" is great.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2006, 02:58:58 am »

awesome, but not original.


...just sayin is all.

I cannot be aware of every happening in the reaches of cyberspace, regretfully. Even if it is on ytmnd.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2006, 03:00:08 am »

I cannot be aware of every happening in the reaches of cyberspace, regretfully. Even if it is on ytmnd.

That is why I am here, like the other half of cort...




 but not in a married way.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2006, 03:07:51 am »

That is why I am here, like the other half of cort...




 but not in a married way.

Q refuses to make an honest man of me. Oh, and we're low on Cherry Coke if you stop anywhere on the way home.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2006, 03:10:50 am »

Q refuses to make an honest man of me. Oh, and we're low on Cherry Coke if you stop anywhere on the way home.

Maybe if you didn't DRINK 3 fuck*ng 2 LITRES EACH DAY!

I will be at my mothers!

*runs out crying*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: March 22, 2006 - we gonna make the metals kiss and the fuel turn lively
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2006, 03:30:03 am »

I think that it's apparent which is the better half.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up