Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deer Attack  (Read 4530 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 05:07:03 pm »

Actually St. Bernard's are genetically predisposed to grow tiny kegs around their necks as part of their maturing process.  It is actually a Westminster standard to expect this.  The content of the tiny keg is what determines if the dog is a true winner or not:  NeoCitran?  No, this dog will lose. Hot Chocolate?  This dog may place. Fine Brandy?  This is indeed a top dog.

St. Bernards are awesome dogs, but sloppy kissers.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 08:59:16 am »

St. Bernards are awesome dogs, but sloppy kissers.

~Paul

I once heard that very phrase used to describe Rue McClanahan.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 05:07:46 pm »

I once heard that very phrase used to describe Rue McClanahan.

I'd hit it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 10:59:41 pm »

Okay, story tangent:

Bea Arthur:

In 2001 my friend and I made it our life's mission to get on the front page of the local sensational-trash-news paper (the kind with a photo of a girl in Bikini in the back pages).  We both agreed to think up schemes and mine won.  I can't remember his idea anymore, but mine was that we would egg Bea Arthur.  Why?  Because she's Bea Arthur.  And also she was coming to town with her one woman show: BEA!.  There were posters all over the city of Bea Arthur posed in a suggestive way a top a piano all over the city.  It was that simple.  So we were excitedly awaiting tickets for Bea's show to come on sale, fantasizing over the possible headline, and arguing over whether we'd use rotten or fresh eggs (fresh of course!).  Then 9/11 happened.  Bea Arthur cancelled her tour, and we never got to do it.  Sadly, my life's ambition to egg Bea Arthur remains unfulfilled to this day.  I've told many this story, and often the response is: "Why do you hate Bea Arthur?" to which I emphatically reply "I don't hate Bea Arthur, I want to egg Bea Arthur."  People just don't understand.

Recently, I was watching the Comedy Central Roast of Pamela Anderson, mostly for the enjoyment of seeing the train wreck that is Courtney Love, and to my amazement there was Bea.  She's looking pretty frail.  I doubt she'll ever pass through Winnipeg.  Sigh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2006, 11:53:54 pm »

This morning, I was driving home, and I passed a dog that had been hit by a car.
WAIT. What kind of dog was that? I look again.
It was a wolf. i swear. Or else, one of those dogs that looks like a wolf.

in my neighborhood in Illinois when I was little, deer would just walk down the street. it was crazy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2006, 07:02:06 pm »

I got my car fixed.

Took it to the bodyshop last friday, Alan made the estimate while Cindy did the paperwork.  I picked it up yesterday afternoon and it looks pretty good.  Alls well that ends well I suppose.  No harm, no foul, except for the $500 dollar deductible and $320 dollars to rent a gas guzzler.  Oh yeah, the gas guzzler had a lot of power and I recieved a speeding ticket which cost another $232 dollars.  So I had to settle for now on a much smaller television .

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2006, 07:12:47 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2006, 12:43:18 am »

Paul, I love your picture stories. I don't think you get enough thanks for the effort you put into it. What do you tell people when you want them to take your pictures? Especially as you pay a speeding ticket? Thank you for photographing your life for us!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2006, 09:39:10 am »

Paul, you should be a children's illustrator. You tell stories effortlessly through imagery, and put a smile on all and sundry while doing it. Damn, it's not like the competition is particuarly stiff, you'd be rich in no time. And, erm, spiritually fulfilled as well.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2006, 02:46:30 pm »

Judy is either joking or a bit naive about the state of the publishing industry.  But dang, now my life will never be the same until I get to read Paul's picture book for toddlers about getting a speeding ticket.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2006, 07:18:58 pm »

Thanks Hobo, Judy.  If I wrote a picture book it may be childish, but probably not for children.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up