Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!  (Read 11813 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« on: March 24, 2006, 08:32:18 am »

Aww HELL yeah!

Nice.  That last panel is brilliant.

I also like the unshaven, bags-under-his-eyes, armpit stained Téodor.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 08:37:59 am by oball »
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 08:46:53 am »

Oh man.  Oh Man.  Oh Man.  Man!
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 08:48:35 am »

So now they're just on a blood-thirsty rampage?

Anyway, a fitting end to the fight.  I liked Teodor's stubble - obviously he's been up and following the action for three whole days.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 08:51:45 am »

Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 08:52:23 am »

what a way to end it. Quotable quotes include "WOOT" and "Good!"
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 08:53:37 am »

I'm actually kinda dissapointed because there was no standoff v. rodney.  I would've liked to have seen that go down.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 08:55:59 am »

I'm actually kinda dissapointed because there was no standoff v. rodney.  I would've liked to have seen that go down.

However this goes, what happened to Dad will have to be touched upon somehow, and if he's alive, there will be a confrontation. Too many loose ends otherwise.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 09:59:54 am »

As soon as a saw the first panel, I could not help but think of Meat Loaf's "I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)."  That part where the piano is just fast and furious, maybe play it straight through the strip in the background as the guys celebrate and Ray and Beef just drive off and tears swell up in everyone's eyes.  It just goes so perfectly.
Logged

Apemantus

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 10:05:04 am »

It ain't over until the fat lady pens a calligraphically pleasing FIN in the South East of the most bottom righthand panel.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 11:31:23 am »

It ain't over. It so ain't over.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

weareas1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 12:38:00 pm »

<<  It ain't over. It so ain't over.  >>

No, not by any stretch.  At least not until they stop off at Vlad's Subway for a couple of Cold Cut Trios.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 12:48:48 pm »

A few gems:

- Vlad's Expression
- Lyle  (Then again I love anything to do with Lyle)
- The Latino Health Crisis' silently raised arm.  (I picture him saying "Vaya Con Dios Mi Amigos!")
- Leanders One Footed Foppish-Hop (Which I think is actually a drink somewhere.. it has coconut infused rum in it)
- Ray's quicklike change into the motorcycle helmet.

The only thing I don't understand is Philippe's "Good!"  It seems a little out of place.  I assume Teodor read the blog aloud?  Maybe Philippe is just happy that Ray and Mr Roasted Beef are okay.  (In my mind Lyle turns around and belts him "Shaddap you!")
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 01:22:28 pm »

I basically hope this is it for the Fight. A chase down by Rodney or whoever else would seem too contrived at this point. If we do see Rodney again I'd expect it to be a more  'next time gadget.... NEEEXT TIIIIIIIME' context.

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 01:38:57 pm »

Before I comment on this strip, I'd just like to say:  Good work Onstad.  During this 5-business-day week, you've produced 5 strips, one per day, and published them at a consistent time.  This is excellent.  I worry, however, that you might be setting an unreasonable precedent.  Maybe you should slow down a little, before we come to expect this of you always.

That said, good strip - although I never picked Leander to say "woot."  As has been pointed out, I wager there's at least one more day (a homecoming, most likely, I don't see Rodney getting involved), since we haven't seen the -fin-.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 02:30:07 pm »

It's been a month and a half since Beef and Ray pulled up to the gates of the Fight.

Hopefully next week will be a day or two of denouement, and then O can get back to bringing me the same laughs that got me addicted to this damn comic in the first place.

Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up