Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!  (Read 11814 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 02:46:14 pm »

It's been a month and a half since Beef and Ray pulled up to the gates of the Fight.

In fact I was just looking for something in the archives and noted that this story arc began on January 11 with Todd's cell phone nutsack idea.   So it's been the better part of three months.  Of this whole year.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 02:49:59 pm »

Unlike everyone else, Barry looks completely uninjured. I could see him carefully avoiding the fray and surreptitiously hitching a ride on the crane bucket when the last of his mates was picked up.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 03:03:34 pm »

Damn T looks haggard.  I'll be he's hit refresh like 20,000 times in 3 days.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 03:04:25 pm »

Kinda like the end of Return of the Jedi.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 03:13:32 pm »

I'm actually kinda dissapointed because there was no standoff v. rodney.  I would've liked to have seen that go down.

Who says Rodney won't be there to meet them upon their return?
Or harass them on the road?
OR IS HANGING OFF THE BACK OF THE MOTORCYCLE?
Besides, fuck old people, even if they were cool once they're irrelevant NOW. (Hi Wombat!)

The best line was Phillipe's "Good!"
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 03:16:11 pm »

Before I comment on this strip, I'd just like to say:  Good work Onstad.  During this 5-business-day week, you've produced 5 strips, one per day, and published them at a consistent time.  This is excellent.  I worry, however, that you might be setting an unreasonable precedent.  Maybe you should slow down a little, before we come to expect this of you always.

Probably, Chris Onstad wasn't working 5 days a week was due to a confluence of several factors:
- lack of a truly inspiring storyline
- lack of an overarching storyline in general
- having to come up with the story on the fly
- having a very young baby

The first three are an artist's dread. It means taking Tuesday off to play with silly putty and come up with ideas.
Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2006, 04:20:11 pm »

Although this is a great strip and an excellent climax to the Fight, I have to say...

..there is a truly upsetting amount of cat bonch on display in panel three.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2006, 04:37:41 pm »

..there is a truly upsetting amount of cat bonch on display in panel three.

Eh, most of that ain't nothin but stuffin.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 06:36:49 pm »

Although this is a great strip and an excellent climax to the Fight, I have to say...

..there is a truly upsetting amount of cat bonch on display in panel three.


Is you prude, boy!?
Logged
ACHIEVE

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2006, 06:56:10 pm »

Although this is a great strip and an excellent climax to the Fight, I have to say...

..there is a truly upsetting amount of cat bonch on display in panel three.


You've not had his life.

Chris Onstad, bravely forging new and exciting ways of getting dudes to look at cat bonch on the internet.  God Bless You Sir.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 07:05:11 pm »

The facial expressions, people. The facial expressions.

The vertical alignment of the reaction panels -- first, SoRod's posse cheering the victors on, then the Achewood posse in response to Gasps and Giggles -- is delightful. And I can't even pick a favorite moment here -- "WOOT!" and "Good!" are about tied, although Vlad's expression is also extremely priceless.

Delightful.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 07:33:20 pm »

"...count your daughters!" is at the top of my list of favourite moments.

The only thing I don't understand is Philippe's "Good!"  It seems a little out of place.  I assume Teodor read the blog aloud?  Maybe Philippe is just happy that Ray and Mr Roasted Beef are okay.  (In my mind Lyle turns around and belts him "Shaddap you!")

You just don't like Philippe.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 07:37:36 pm »

The facial expressions, people. The facial expressions.

The vertical alignment of the reaction panels -- first, SoRod's posse cheering the victors on, then the Achewood posse in response to Gasps and Giggles -- is delightful. And I can't even pick a favorite moment here -- "WOOT!" and "Good!" are about tied, although Vlad's expression is also extremely priceless.

Delightful.

Yes, this whole arc has been some new art terrain for Mr. Onstad.  Very well done.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 07:45:36 pm »

So now they're just on a blood-thirsty rampage?

No, I'm pretty sure that's just Barry's interpretation of events. With the fight behind them, the only rampage Ray's going on is the focused massacre of a squadron of beers and three and a half pounds of sauerkraut.

Also, The Latino Health Crisis' pose + expression wins it for me.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: March 24th 2006 - They WILL NOT be sated!
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 07:50:10 pm »

While there was no obvious punchline, visual gag or so forth, it made me chuckle. And that is what Achewood is all about.

I wasn't expecting a strip today due to the strenuous (at least by his standards) schedule Onstad has been running here, but like a tiny angel it appeared anyhow. Thanks Mr Onstad!

However, Leander's woot seemed completely.. wrong somehow. I guess I'll never accept the fact he can, indeed, speak.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up