Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: dvorak  (Read 11327 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: dvorak
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2006, 10:48:02 pm »

Man - I hate to go against the grain right after returning to the boards, but I use dvorak, and I love it. It's a lot easier on my wrists, and I can switch back and forth to QWERTY easily when I need to. The only thing that sucks is having to switch it back on my computer at work whenever anyone wants to use it.

It didn't take long to learn, really. And I'm amazed at how differently both of them feel. QWERTY just feels awkward to me now.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: dvorak
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2006, 06:30:40 am »

I like you already.

This inspires me to go back to trying to do it. My computer has started being a pain, so I started focusing on "why does my computer think my screen is 6 inches across?" instead of practicing my typing.

there's just like, a 2.5 inch thick black border around the screen. I cannot figure out why this is. I am not enjoying it. And I've restarted my computer many, many times.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: dvorak
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2006, 07:11:07 am »

It sounds like your monitor (a CRT, right?) is set for the wrong resolution.

You can adjust it by using the settings on your monitor. Rebooting will not help.  You should align the display vertically and horizontally, and then use the vertical and horizontal stretch to make the screen have just the tiniest of black border around the visible portion of the screen.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: dvorak
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2006, 06:20:32 pm »

yeah, I've tried doing that. the problem is, I have a laptop-- there aren't those little buttons to do the stretch/shrink/etc. It doesn't do anything to change the resolution.

wait... WOW I was doing something dumb. For some reason, despite the fact that I only have one monitor, my computer thought I had two monitors. I was changing the resolution on the imaginary second monitor.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: dvorak
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2006, 11:02:38 pm »

Ah, so you have an LCD display on your laptop, of course.

Yeah, the problem was probably software, then.

So did you fix the resolution problem?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: dvorak
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2006, 01:08:33 am »

yeah.

this one game I had been playing does this. It used to fix itself if I restarted the computer.

anyway, thanks.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up