Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday BS  (Read 2038 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday BS
« on: March 28, 2006, 05:05:05 pm »

That's right, it's another birthday thread.  Happy Happy Birthday Ben...  May all of your wishes be fullfilled.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy Birthday BS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 05:22:32 pm »

Not meaning to cast a shadow over Ben-San's day of joy, but would a monthly or possibly permanent birthday thread be better than lots of little ones? Just a thought, I have no idea on how to efficiently run a messageboard.

Happy Birthday Ben-San! Make it your day.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday BS
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 05:27:30 pm »

Agreed, but it would need to be a sticky topic or something. The threads so far have been specific to members - a mod could change the name of the topiuc whenever a birthday rolls around. Which, among 523 members is going to be every few days or so if everyone registered a birthday.

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday BS
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 05:32:13 pm »

This ain't about efficiency, it's about wishing Ben San a happy birthday.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Birthday BS
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 05:33:39 pm »

Yeah, these threads are going to get a bit old.  But Ben deserves his own, most definitely.

Happy Birthday you distributor of wisdom on things such as KoL and Old Comics.  You have truly enriched us all.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy Birthday BS
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 06:06:29 pm »

Which, among 523 members is going to be every few days or so if everyone registered a birthday.

But we actively loathe something like 500 of those members, don't we?  No threads for them.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Birthday BS
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 06:44:28 pm »

Happy Birthday, Ben!  You are an ever-looming presence on #touamb who contributes only when necessary and when you have something intelligent to say, which is more than I can say for myself.  Hooray for Ben-San!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday BS
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 07:16:15 pm »

Thank you. It is nice to know that I actually have a presence on this board other than "that guy" and that this image is basically positive. It is difficult to be sure. I accidentally inaugurated this birthday with a tiny and depressing bag of Fritos because I was hungry and didn't notice it was my birthday. I don't even like Fritos. The only reason they are not the MD 20/20 of snack crisps is that they aren't really very cheap, either. For the rest of my birthday event, I will probably write a list of citations in MLA format, edit an essay, and eat Chinese food. Also, I will say something either clever or not-so-clever in the IRC channel.

Once again, thank you for being an essentially positive element of my birthday and of my day-to-day life.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday BS
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 07:20:49 pm »

AND LIKE THE MARY ELLEN CARTER RISE AGAIN!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday BS
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 07:24:08 pm »

Yeah, we ain't gonna have a new thread for EVERYONE, just everyone that Paul likes.

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Ben-San.  You are indeed an uncrap dude.  Maybe even a really delicious dim sum dude (I was trying to think of what the opposite of "crap" was, and it has to be some really tasty food).

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday BS
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 11:10:14 am »

Personally I've had some pretty crappy dim sims, but thats a whole other story.

Personally I like Ben San for constantly reminding of tin tin with his avatar. Not that it is a tin tin avatar, I just think jumping blue blazes is something captain haddock would say.

Yeah and I'm a day late, well joke's on you guys, I'm a day ahead of you so I'm TWO days late!

EDIT: In related news: Blistering Barnacles! That's way more oganisation for that sort of list than I woudl expect.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 11:14:11 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up