Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total Eclipse of the Heart  (Read 4306 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Total Eclipse of the Heart
« on: March 31, 2006, 06:32:58 am »

Ladies and gents, I direct your attention to this bit of folk craft. I don't think this creation was meant to be ironic, people.

Full disclosure: Total Eclipse of the Heart is one of those songs I secretly like. Well, not secretly anymore. Anyway, I admit this lest you think I was on YouTube.com searching for - gag - Dr***nB***Z.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 06:40:36 am »

Yeah, Total Eclipse of the Heart is a good song.  Ain't no reason to be embarrassed about liking quality music, friend.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 08:06:33 am »

Yeah, Total Eclipse of the Heart is a good song.

Indeed it is. What's your favorite version? I myself get a kick out of the Hurra Torpedo rendition.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 09:43:43 am »

There is only the Bonnie Tyler version for me, man.  I'm a traditionalist.

I was amused by that other version, though, seen here.  Why Chuckie Circle hasn't posted that link before is beyond me.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 02:15:00 pm »

Wait, so you were on YouTube.com searching for videos of Total Eclipse of the Heart?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 04:27:28 pm »

If you close your eyes and listen intently to this song after the 3:05 mark, you can clearly see Santa Claus' sleigh bombing the city.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 04:33:20 pm »

If you close your eyes and listen intently to this song after the 3:05 mark, you can clearly see Santa Claus' sleigh bombing the city.

That sounds about right.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 05:50:41 pm »

Wait, so you were on YouTube.com searching for videos of Total Eclipse of the Heart?

Yea, basically. Here's how it worked - I went to YouTube in search of early episodes of Beavis and Butthead. After finding a few of those, I thought, "why not look for some of the music videos B&B used to watch?" Thus I was lead to the Safety Dance video. From there, I tought, "hmmm, there are a lot of 80's songs I have not seen the video for - say, Total Eclipse of the Heart." And that is how I learned that there is a subset of our population that remixes old Dragon Ball Z and Final Fantasy episodes and sets them to that particular song.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 05:57:40 pm »

Yea, basically. Here's how it worked - I went to YouTube in search of early episodes of Beavis and Butthead. After finding a few of those, I thought, "why not look for some of the music videos B&B used to watch?" Thus I was lead to the Safety Dance video. From there, I tought, "hmmm, there are a lot of 80's songs I have not seen the video for - say, Total Eclipse of the Heart." And that is how I learned that there is a subset of our population that remixes old Dragon Ball Z and Final Fantasy episodes and sets them to that particular song.

I think that's a textbook definition of a slippery slope.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 08:36:21 pm »

I think that's a textbook definition of a slippery slope.

~Paul

Now now, I didn' say I actually enjoy that mashup. At least, not yet.

Oh God, who am I kidding. Next thing you know I'll be making my own similar videos, only the song will be Heaven by Bryan Adams and the Dragonball Z will be replaced by hentai tentacle porn. From there, it's only a hop, skip and a jump to thinking I'm Otherkin. Crapcrapcrapcrap!
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 03:47:45 am »

Heaven by Bryan Adams

Funny you mention this, because when you mentioned you secretly love Total Eclipse of the Heart, first thought to my mind was that I secretly love Heaven.  And yes, only the original for me.

Hmm, wonder if I still have it on my ipod...?  Shit yes I do.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 08:05:28 am »

All this talk of 80s music is just re-inforcing in my head that I need to find me a Meatloaf cd. Can't decide between a generic greatest hits or an actual album like bat out of hell though.
Not like I really care so long as it has 'jumpstart my heart' though, that song is a thing of beauty.

EDIT: 'Kickstart my heart' DAMNIT
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 11:20:54 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 03:40:38 pm »

Jumpstart is funnier, though, implying that it has stopped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up