Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey kids, I'm back!  (Read 5864 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Hey kids, I'm back!
« on: March 31, 2006, 10:33:36 pm »

Howdy folks, sorry I went away. I've been, well, busy....

Let's see, quick update....I'm not a teacher anymore, which is awesome! And I eloped with my now-husband last August, which is even better. And, um, I guess that's about it. Thanks for the nomination for most AWOL poster! It's an honor and whatnot. And thanks to whoever is Nice Pete over at the SDMB for inviting me back. I meant to post, really I did.

So how are y'all?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 11:02:55 pm »

So now that you're married I guess you're not really a Motel 6 kind of girl any more. You're all settled and responsible and shit.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 11:05:34 pm »

The TOUAMBIES have brought another back from the land of wind and ghosts!

Hi, you don't know me, but hi.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 11:07:38 pm »

The TOUAMBIES have brought another back from the land of wind and ghosts!

Hi, you don't know me, but hi.

Well said giraffebulb.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 11:09:32 pm »

Can you see I am serious?!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 11:14:45 pm »

So now that you're married I guess you're not really a Motel 6 kind of girl any more. You're all settled and responsible and shit.
Well, I wouldn't say that.

And now I know you, misterqueue! Nice meeting you. Looks like there are a lot of new folks! Hello new folks!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 11:19:18 pm »

Welcome back, apparently you were missed. I am a relative newcomer, so I never had the pleasure of missing you.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 11:21:58 pm »

Hello Mite! I think it's damn awesome that you used to be a teacher. Education is important for everyone. Anyway, welcome back, though being new I'm not really the one to do any welcoming.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 11:31:21 pm »

So what are you doing instead, fellow former teacher?  Mostly we want to know, does it allow you to sit at a computer and type messageboard posts and look like you are working?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 02:57:08 am »

Hurray!  You got my message!

Welcome back, as you can see we need some balance to all the newbies (valued and beloved though they be.)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 04:41:53 am »

Welcome back, Mite-y one.  You'll always be a Motel 6 Kinda Girl to me.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 09:08:25 am »

Get posting. You have a lot of catching up to do.

Also, welcome back.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 01:24:32 pm »

Thanks for all the welcomes! Yes Wombat, I can post from work now, as I am currently a professional mad scientist. No lie! I work for a company that does fun after school science programs and shows for elementary school kids. I set up the experiments, and make new ones, and train all of our instructors, and do a bunch of other stuff.

I'm taking a couple of math classes at the local clown college now, and hopefully I'll be in grad school in the fall. I'm also working on starting a little research project with one of my professors this summer. Yeaa!

Lets see - pics from the last two years are here. There are pictures of the "wedding reception" (though I'd just quit smoking and was a little chubby - I feel the need to qualify that), our cat, our vat of homebrewed beer, and other various and sundry things (like my husband and his silly hats).

I've got my n00bicorn beatin' stick handy - who needs some?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 05:56:33 pm »

I'm also working on starting a little "research project" with one of my professors this summer.

Is that what you kids are calling it these days?

Quote
Lets see - pics from the last two years are here.

Man, those are some seriously teutonic bar mats.  And is that a... flaming... guitar?

Quote
I've got my n00bicorn beatin' stick handy - who needs some?

Is the stick reserved just for n00bs?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hey kids, I'm back!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 07:08:24 pm »

Is that what you kids are calling it these days?

Beaten to the punch by the master.  I'm going to start myself a research project tonight.

Man, those are some seriously teutonic bar mats.  And is that a... flaming... guitar?

the guitar is on fire because Mighty Mite is Hottt!

Is the stick reserved just for n00bs?

Simmer down Jough.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up